Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > General Topics (Non-regional) > General Freediving Area

General Freediving Area If Apnea Diving rocks your world, talk about it here!

Old 08-10-2012, 01:03 PM   #1
One-Breath

Question Next Step???

Hey guys, so ive had a HUGE increase in breathhold and depth since my last post on here. im finally spending a good 40 at the bottom at 40 feet. before i could only go down and straight back up so im super stoked about that. i was wondering what i could do to further increase my bottom time. should i be doing apnea tables, or just working on my dive everytime i go out? also im not too experianced with being on the bottom, so i wanted to know about how to choose a spot on the reef to lay on. you guys are always a big help! thanks
One-Breath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 05:27 PM   #2
JimCuda
Barracuda Handshake

Re: Next Step???

Just take PFI/FII so I dont have to sound like a douche on your posts in the future...

You're gonna say you don't have the money.

Then someone will say read the Manual of Freediving and do the static tables.

This will help a bit, but the best way to increase bottom time is diving deeper.

Someone will chime in and say, "That's unsafe, don't push your limits and dive with a buddy!"

So you continue diving and slowly increase your bottom time, which improves at a slower rate than when you first started. You'll continue to read reports of near mishaps and perhaps encounter some scares.

You decide that you want to learn how to be safer. People will tell you to take a Freediving course like PFI/FII. So you'll finally think about saving the money and taking the course, meanwhile months and years have passed since today.

You'll take the course and say, "I wish I did this years ago!" and think about what you've been doing wrong all this time. You'll post about your geat experience at the course and I'll say, "I told you so!" (but probably in a more douchey kind of way).
Old 08-10-2012, 05:31 PM   #3
JimCuda
Barracuda Handshake

Yes, I'm bored and enjoy making these posts. When I dive on the bottom, I like to hide myself as best as possible. Usually that means a rock or ledge between me and where I think the fish will come.
Old 08-11-2012, 01:21 PM   #4
One-Breath

haha yeah im deffinetly going to take a course within this year. and thankyou
One-Breath is offline   Reply With Quote