Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Florida Gulfcoast Spearfishing

Florida Gulfcoast Spearfishing Post here to discuss regional action or issues about spearing on Florida's Gulfcoast.

Old 11-21-2018, 04:13 PM   #1
CatDiver

Red Tide Hogfish Dive

A couple weeks ago we did a dive through red tide in 60 feet of water out of St. Pete. I'd never done it and it was very interesting. Red tide went about 15 feet with zero viz and water and fish below it were decent viz and fine. But, it was like a night dive with sunlight not making it through the red tide. Dove with my Paralenz camera which did an awesome job of correcting the light so that you could see much better in the video than in real life. But that correction made our flash lights look like lasers. I think it's a cool little video so I thought I would share.

https://youtu.be/NtWLAmFYxOY
CatDiver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 04:43 PM   #2
grey2112

Re: Red Tide Hogfish Dive

ROFL - I love how you tried so hard to tell that other diver about the hogfish near him, and then said, "F-it" and shot it. Been there, done that.
grey2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 05:04 PM   #3
CatDiver

Yeah that was my brother. I don't have to shoot all the fish but I didn't want him to get away.
CatDiver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 05:09 PM   #4
grey2112

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatDiver View Post
Yeah that was my brother. I don't have to shoot all the fish but I didn't want him to get away.
I think we all have a brother like that - I know I do - LOL. Me and James (Cuzza) call him "Grunt-works".
grey2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 12:26 PM   #5
Eibwen

I thought that was fascinating. Very happy to see life below the red tide. Fingers crossed that with the rainy season over the red tide will dissipate
Eibwen is offline   Reply With Quote