Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Spearfishing Gear > All About Guns

All About Guns What's your weapon of choice, and why? Discuss the beloved speargun here!

Old 09-16-2003, 10:06 PM   #16
richhermes
Nappy Headed Ho

Quote:
Originally posted by Sheri
Wow....that was like magic...didn't know I had that much power.

OK, James, back to the General thread now......

Just kidding......
I tell ya.......Women can never make up their mind!!
richhermes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2003, 03:41 PM   #17
Sheri
So Little Time

Oh, we can make up our minds alright. We just reserve the right to change them. Hasn't anyone taught you the rules yet? Sounds like you have much to learn, my son.
Sheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2003, 04:04 PM   #18
rigdvr
Im a diver, not a thinker

dont even start with the rules. The only rule is if you are born with a penis you are automatically wrong. That and if you figure out any rule said rule is subject to immediate change.
rigdvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2003, 04:18 PM   #19
richhermes
Nappy Headed Ho

Quote:
Originally posted by Sheri
Oh, we can make up our minds alright. We just reserve the right to change them. Hasn't anyone taught you the rules yet? Sounds like you have much to learn, my son.
Son??
Mom, Is that you??
richhermes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2003, 04:24 PM   #20
Sheri
So Little Time

Awww....that sounds so harsh, Mike. Never mind the rules, let's talk about our obsession....fish. That's the beauty of it out there, no rules, no nothing.....just you and nature.

Been to the Lump lately?
Old 09-17-2003, 04:30 PM   #21
rigdvr

dont take me seriously Sheri...just gave up trying to figure out your gender long ago and learned to appreciate you for the wonderful, unpredictable creatures you are

No lumps lately, they dont heat up until winter, but we are getting ready for them. Planning on coming back? Marcel and I will be diving the O.B.O. this weekend and we havent decided weather to go for the bluewater trophy or the rigfish with the $ jackpot...
Old 09-17-2003, 04:41 PM   #22
Sheri
So Little Time

Awww....now that sounds so nice. My gender loves your gender too.

I most definitely want to go back to the Lump, just trying to figure out when/where/who. From looking at some other posts, sounds like other people had very similar experiences to ours. It's a great place, just unpredictable visibility, etc.
Old 09-17-2003, 05:06 PM   #23
rigdvr

yeah, its definately a tough place to plan for. Just lucky that I live close enough that flights and whatnot arent an issue...just wait for the good reports and go

Let me know when you are thinking of coming and Ill see what I can do to help. I had a good conversation with Bill Delabar the other day...
Old 09-17-2003, 06:03 PM   #24
kitefisherman
Spearboard Historian

I don't know Rich . . .

This thread was originally in the general spearfishing section, then she wanted it moved here to the all about guns section. I started to think she wanted it to go to the off topic section with all this male/female rules stuff but now I think she wants it in the upper gulfcoast section. I wonder if it would be OK if you moved it directly to upper gulfcoast or she would be mad that you skipped a step?

At least I thought that I understood that she wanted us to be organized in our discussions (I don't know if that's the woman or the engineer in her talking). But with the way she keeps going off topic on the very classification that she selected, I'm not even sure about that anymore.

Anyway, in my confusion I forgot to welcome kamikaze1228. So, welcome to the board kamikaze! I'm sure that you can see that you have access to a great deal of knowledge here and that it is generously bestowed by some of the best. Sorry for being off topic here in what is (so far today) the gun section.

I better put some smilies on this post before it gets me into trouble.
kitefisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2003, 09:49 AM   #25
Sheri
So Little Time

Kite, so I guess I should not start talking about recipes now?
Old 09-18-2003, 01:43 PM   #26
rigdvr

anybody have a miami/keys report for us
Old 09-25-2003, 01:21 AM   #27
M-yoda-1

Hi kamikaze,

I shoot around mass/RI in the summertimes almost daily. I built my own gun. The stock is 49 in long with a mid handle. I always shot the gun with one 5/8's band, and it was almost to big and powerfull. The vis is usualy so bad, and in the rocks you want a smaller gun that you can turn quickly-hence the advantage of the mid handle guns. I am actually going to build a smaller gun for next year, and leave my bigger gun on the west coast. As far as production guns go, the wong guns are probably the best, but Riffes meteltech guns are cheeper, really quite, powerfull and dependable. You don't need all that wing kit/floatline crap for NE. All that stuff is for big blue water guns. It takes alot of love of bad viz and dedication of learning bottoms to get good in new england Don't blow a wad of cash till you really need to.

Last edited by M-yoda-1; 09-25-2003 at 01:25 AM.
M-yoda-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2003, 09:36 AM   #28
kamikaze1228

Quote:
Originally posted by M-yoda-1
Hi kamikaze,

I shoot around mass/RI in the summertimes almost daily. I built my own gun. The stock is 49 in long with a mid handle. I always shot the gun with one 5/8's band, and it was almost to big and powerfull. The vis is usualy so bad, and in the rocks you want a smaller gun that you can turn quickly-hence the advantage of the mid handle guns. I am actually going to build a smaller gun for next year, and leave my bigger gun on the west coast. As far as production guns go, the wong guns are probably the best, but Riffes meteltech guns are cheeper, really quite, powerfull and dependable. You don't need all that wing kit/floatline crap for NE. All that stuff is for big blue water guns. It takes alot of love of bad viz and dedication of learning bottoms to get good in new england Don't blow a wad of cash till you really need to.
Thanks for the info. Any clubs in the area to fish with?
Old 09-25-2003, 11:45 AM   #29
M-yoda-1

Kamikazi

I don't think so, I do know that there are competitions held down in newport so you might want to check with the dive shops in that area. I think there is a shop in middletown that is based around spearfishing. Check it out. RI is the place to shoot. There are great rocks from shore, and Blasting stripe bass is legal. And trust me, Big brother is watching in mass. The only thing leagal to shoot in mass that is gamey is bluefish. Blackfish are dumb as mud, slow growing, and not really worth killing(it takes them years to grow to be legal 16 in). If you can get a boat then another option is to dive under high flyers(lobster gear markers) offshore. There are often dorado, they are fun to get.

Last edited by M-yoda-1; 09-25-2003 at 11:49 AM.
M-yoda-1 is offline   Reply With Quote