Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Tournament and Event Archives > 2013 Tournament and Event Archives > 2013 The Blue Wild Expo - February 23-24, 2013

2013 The Blue Wild Expo - February 23-24, 2013 This is a world-class spearfishing, diving and water sports event with 1,000s of participants at the Ft. Lauderdale Convention Center.

Old 02-25-2013, 06:26 PM   #1
Wile E. Coyote

Spearguns at Blue Wild

I'm sure I'm missing a lot of great guns, so please feel free to keep adding.

Sea Sniper Pro: Most amazing guns I've ever seen! Always saw pictures of them and finally got to see them in person on the weekend. Beautiful streamlined shape...it looks like you could give it a push and the gun would keep gliding forever. Water ballasted too. Major craftsmanship to build one; accomodating the tubes, trigger mech attachment, etc. Chris is a great guy and was happy to answer my endless questions lol. You can tell he is passionate about them.

Koah: I noticed two models; the individually band hole model & a model with one band hole with the muzzle shaped to quicky elevate the bands to be in-line with the shaft. Very cool wide gun with low profile.
Great looking purpleheart & mahogany/teak/or sapelle combo.

Neptonics: Josh has a cool double roller gun; you can either buy the gun or he will sell the double roller setup to home builders. A 2 band 42" roller gun was equal to a 2 band 72" standard gun!!! He also has great faux teak handle scales and skulls etched into handle scales.

Wong: Daryls guns are like a Porsche 911...basically the same shape, just little refinements over time. I'm not sure if these changes are real recent, but I noticed a more tapered shape to the teak stock...where the CF tube starts. Also the Muzzle has a small SS line guide. Handles are starting to be glass filled nylon. The camo colors & patterns get more and mire impressive each year.

Dan MacMahon & Ricky built their version of an A B Biller...spearfishing specialties muzzle, Neptonics reverse mech, notched American style shafts, mako handle frame/ AR15 handle & kudana butt. Rickys laminations on the blank are perfect ....3 vertical lams/ 1 horizontal bottom lam...looks like a standards Biller stock.
The gun looks like it came from the factory. It's padauk and fires one band...20ft range with the notched shafts/open muzzle/ no tether.

I'm probably missing lots...please ad others
Wile E. Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:52 PM   #2
LunkerBuster
Hungry Fish

Re: Spearguns at Blue Wild

I always love looking at the c4 guns.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:23 PM   #3
Wile E. Coyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunkerBuster View Post
I always love looking at the c4 guns.
That was the other brand I was trying to think of...I wanted to walk the dogs before it got dark, so I ended the post before I could look up C4.

They are a sleek looking gun...they have wider versions than I remember seeing previously...C4 was next to Wong Spearguns
Wile E. Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:38 PM   #4
Ctglax83
Cole

I picked up a 52" koah marksman fatback rear handle plus (individual band hole model) at the blue wild. I got it wet on Sunday with no fish to be found but It's a gorgeous gun (I think it's canary wood) and I'm sure it shoots dead on when the fish are there.
Ctglax83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:41 PM   #5
SpearoTastic
Homebound Spearo

Any other European manufacturers, like Abellan, Alemanni, Dapiran, Bleu Tec, Salvimar, etc., make it to the Blue Wild?

Vegetarian - that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". - Andy Rooney

Start children off on the way they should go, and even when they are old they will not turn from it. - Proverbs 22:6 (NIV)

KEEP CALM AND CHIVE ON
SpearoTastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:05 PM   #6
Ctglax83
Cole

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpearoTastic View Post
Any other European manufacturers, like Abellan, Alemanni, Dapiran, Bleu Tec, Salvimar, etc., make it to the Blue Wild?
I saw 1 bleu tec gun, A bunch of salvimar stuff, And I know seac sub and beuchat both had booths.
Ctglax83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:52 AM   #7
johndoelman
KOAH Spearguns

predator custom spearguns and tito spearguns were at the show
johndoelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:01 PM   #8
LunkerBuster
Hungry Fish

Tito guns are awesome. I know Harry had a few abellans there