Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > California Spearfishing

California Spearfishing Talk here about spearfishing on California's Pacific Coast, and post those reports and photos!

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 06:27 PM   #16
mbhalihunter

Re: How do you like your crabs?

I wonder how his wife feels about paying for the fine?
Old 01-29-2013, 06:28 PM   #17
ocean_314

Quote:
Originally Posted by thereefgeek View Post
C'mon guys. The title of this thread WASN'T about cooking crabs.

It was about our good buddy ocean 314 getting busted for poaching crabs.

I was merely using sarcasm and humor to bring the issue to light.
Honestly it's about frikken time, when a guy who ditches tire weights in the ocean, pre-records his abalone tags before diving, brings short crabs ashore before measuring, AND, has the stones to post it all on the Internet gets busted...

...my hat's off to the Warden that staked out and surveiled this d-bag until he was finally caught in the act.

Enjoy not having a fishing license for the next year a$$hole. Keep blowing up the Religion & Politics forum in the meantime. Good riddance...
Not me.....wrong guy.

But as a warning F&G wardens and the DA are prosecuting off of license plates, without writing a ticket, without checking who is driving the vehicle...so as a warning don’t let anyone drive your truck in Mendo county.....you will get a letter saying that you are going to be prosecuted for whatever the person that you let drive your car did.

This is happening all the time now..fight the summons...there is no ticket involved at all and you have thousands in courts costs win or lose.

If this is the guy you are all talking about that is what happened to him. He lent his truck to his brother and the warden wrote down the license plate and the DA send the guy a letter saying he was being prosecuted for something his brother did. No id was checked, no ticket was issued, but he plead no contest because a trial would cost huge money.

He said that no ticket was ever written. No id was checked.

Unions run the government and are out of control. Extortion is now the rule of law.

Last edited by ocean_314; 01-29-2013 at 06:42 PM.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:53 PM   #18
ocean_314

I wish my wife made 300 an hour, we would be rich and not living in Ukiah. Science does not pay nearly that much, which is what she does for a living.

But tell me who makes 300 an hour in Ukiah?
Old 01-29-2013, 09:45 PM   #19
thereefgeek
Soon-to-be ex-patriot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ Rossmann View Post
Dudes been talking about steelhead fishing on the russian river too,LMAO!! Time for another stakeout!!
Yeah, Poacher Dave. How is it that you can steelhead fish without a license & steelhead card? It's been a good run this year. Too bad you're gonna miss it for the next 10 months or so.

Here's what real steelhead fishermen do just before they fill out their card...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	380
Size:	80.4 KB
ID:	184541  
Old 01-29-2013, 09:50 PM   #20
mnguy

Send a message via AIM to mnguy

HAHAHAHAHA this thread got epic.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:59 PM   #21
Ron S

I'm not sure exactly what this thread was originally intended for, and if it had anything to do with ocean 314, then it's a waist of everyone's time and energy, but it's ironic that it's the first thread I opened tonight because I just finished modifying my brand new Danielson 24"x24" folding crab trap that I plan to use off my yak in Bodega. Anybody else use this model? If so, how's it workin' for ya?
Old 01-29-2013, 09:59 PM   #22
Chiung
Registered Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill McIntyre View Post
So now we finally get to know who the big blowhard is, and that he's a poacher.

Why am I not surprised?
Don't forget, he's also the inventor of fat-free potato chips.

https://www.google.com/search?tbo=p&...2David+Gaon%22
Old 01-29-2013, 10:09 PM   #23
CaptainLeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiung View Post
Don't forget, he's also the inventor of fat-free potato chips.

https://www.google.com/search?tbo=p&...2David+Gaon%22
You mean the ones made with that olestra stuff? That's the stuff that caused anal leakage. Gross.
Old 01-29-2013, 10:37 PM   #24
Ron S

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean_314 View Post
Not me.....wrong guy.

But as a warning F&G wardens and the DA are prosecuting off of license plates, without writing a ticket, without checking who is driving the vehicle...so as a warning don’t let anyone drive your truck in Mendo county.....you will get a letter saying that you are going to be prosecuted for whatever the person that you let drive your car did.

This is happening all the time now..fight the summons...there is no ticket involved at all and you have thousands in courts costs win or lose.

If this is the guy you are all talking about that is what happened to him. He lent his truck to his brother and the warden wrote down the license plate and the DA send the guy a letter saying he was being prosecuted for something his brother did. No id was checked, no ticket was issued, but he plead no contest because a trial would cost huge money.

Unions run the government and are out of control. Extortion is now the rule of law.
I'll give you an "A+" for creativity, but an "F" for credibility. This kind of garbage isn't even possible, let alone realistic. The only legal violation one can be subjected to based on their license plate would be expired registration, in which the registered owner of the vehicle is responsible, regardless of who the driver is. Oh, and the DA wouldn't be involved, as this is a direct file infraction, and isn't prosecuted through the DA's office. And since when does it cost "thousands", to go to court and say, "your honor, that wasn't me, and I'd like the officer to prove it was"?
Try again, poacher...
Old 01-29-2013, 10:44 PM   #25
CaptainLeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron S View Post
I'll give you an "A+" for creativity, but an "F" for credibility. This kind of garbage isn't even possible, let alone realistic. The only legal violation one can be subjected to based on their license plate would be expired registration, in which the registered owner of the vehicle is responsible, regardless of who the driver is. Oh, and the DA wouldn't be involved, as this is a direct file infraction, and isn't prosecuted through the DA's office. And since when does it cost "thousands", to go to court and say, "your honor, that wasn't me, and I'd like the officer to prove it was"?
Try again, poacher...
BOOM! That just happened. Haha.
Old 01-29-2013, 10:52 PM   #26
phil herranen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean_314 View Post
Not me.....wrong guy.

sure , we all believe you david. hope that crab tasted good.

frv owners discount http://spearboard.com/showthread.php?t=134606
Old 01-29-2013, 10:58 PM   #27
Chiung
Registered Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thereefgeek View Post
pre-records his abalone tags before diving
http://californiaoutdoorsqas.com/200...read-the-tags/
Old 01-29-2013, 11:05 PM   #28
Chiung
Registered Shooter

David B. Gaon admitted taking undersized dungeness crabs. He was placed on a 12-month probation, fined $1,373, had to forfeit his fishing license to the DA and his report card to the Dept. of Fish & Wildlife. He cannot fish for the term of his probation and had to forfeit his gear and game, which were taken at the time he was cited.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=us
Old 01-29-2013, 11:05 PM   #29
phil herranen

good find.
pay the $5 online to see his public arrest/police record ,and all kinds of interesting stuff comes up . a real stand up citizen.

phil

frv owners discount http://spearboard.com/showthread.php?t=134606
Old 01-29-2013, 11:58 PM   #30
rojodiablo
My spawn kills on....

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainLeo View Post
BOOM! That just happened. Haha.
Winter, with a vengeance!!!!

Not like I have never heard of such shennanigans before- and I am way far south of there.

I could ALMOST understand a fisherman going into an MPA to fish, in protest of an unjust law. But I would expect said rebel to at least take a legal size catch.