Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Tournament and Event Archives > 2015 Tournament and Event Archives > 2015 St. Pete Open - August 15-16, 2015

2015 St. Pete Open - August 15-16, 2015 Check this forum for details about the SPO.

Old 08-07-2015, 08:04 AM   #1
steelcity
Big Brian

Lionfish now added to the SPO!

There will now be a Lionfish category. However, it will be separate from the normal weigh-in process. Our awesome sponsor, Zookeeper will be counting each and every lionfish under the Pavilion before shooters get to the main stage. The top Lionfish shooter (most lionfish killed) will win a Zookeeper Max unit. There will be a second prize which will be a ticket drawing. Each shooter will receive a ticket for each lionfish killed. Obviously the more you kill, the more tickets you get, and your odds of winning the drawing increase. The prize for the drawing will be a Dive Rite BC. How awesome is that???

All lionfish need to be in their own cooler, separate from the shooter's other fish that will be weighed in. Spines do not need to be removed, but it's nice if you do.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lionfish tourny pic for FB and SFP.jpg
Views:	504
Size:	128.1 KB
ID:	220550  
Old 08-08-2015, 05:53 AM   #2
jbrennan

Re: Lionfish now added to the SPO!

A huge thanks to Allie and Team Diverite/Zookeeper for making this happen. I hear that he might be making Ceviche with the Lionfish donated so get in line early! I have been diving a Diverite Backplate for years and look forward to trying out the new HunterPAC and will be bringing my Zookeeper along during the St. Pete Open to kill some Lionfish and get some raffle tickets!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Diverite HunterPAC.jpg
Views:	476
Size:	63.8 KB
ID:	220583   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zookeeper.jpg
Views:	470
Size:	13.6 KB
ID:	220584  
jbrennan is offline   Reply With Quote