Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > California Spearfishing

California Spearfishing Talk here about spearfishing on California's Pacific Coast, and post those reports and photos!

Old 02-19-2019, 12:06 PM   #1
h20zone

Holy Roller 110?

Anyone have experience with the Sea Sniper Holy Roller 110? I would be interested in your opinion, especially the merits of this wood/enclosed track roller vs other pipe rollers, as well as reach/penetration compared to conventional guns such as 130 rear handle 2x 5/8"s band on a 9/32" shaft. Target species are WSB and YT. Thanks!
h20zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 11:40 AM   #2
h20zone

Re: Holy Roller 110?

OK, maybe too specific...anyone have any input on wood enclosed track roller guns vs pipe gun rollers? What size is ideal for southern CA diving?
h20zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 11:46 PM   #3
Chadms04

I just bought a Andre 110 and it is a beautiful speargun havenít got it out yet but itís got a 7.5 mm shaft and a enclosed track with a kicker band it seems like itís going to be a beast to load all the way!! and from what I have read and heard the 110 is the best gun size for a roller otherwise itís harder to get the full potential out of them because they become to harder to load the bigger they are?? Also I have heard that the wood enclosed is the way to go because you can really over power it with out getting the whip of the shaft.. but this is all hear say and like I said I have yet to shoot it but itís already my favorite gun I have ever bought because I like the size and shape and versatility of it, like being able to load to different positions for more or less power because it will make it a good reef gun and be able to power up for YT and WSB... and I had a buddy who had a holy roller and I didnít like it as much but I also never shot it, I just didnít like the line setup and muzzle setup and the lack of a kicker band
Chadms04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 01:57 AM   #4
CaliDiverDan

I have the Holy Roller 110 and I love it. Maneuverability of a shorter gun, power of a larger gun, easy to load, simple design, shoots like a laser, very little recoil. Easily penetrates fish at 15'
CaliDiverDan is offline   Reply With Quote