Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Northern Atlantic: New England States

Northern Atlantic: New England States An area for the cold water divers of the New England States.

Old 02-09-2016, 03:25 PM   #1
Goody1986

Spearfishing and Freediving Clinic - Boston Sea Rovers

Hey Folks,

I believe I am going to the clinic - anyone else thinking of going?

Can someone weigh in and tell me if it's worth going as well? How was it last year?

Description:
Presented by world record holding spearfisherman, Dave Hochman and SSI International Freediving Training Director Nick Fazah, this seminar starts with a discussion of freediving physiology, techniques, safety and equipment. The second part of the seminar will review the latest in spearfishing equipment, and will cover all of the pro and cons of spearguns, floats, reels, stringers etc. Customizing equipment and local techniques will also be discussed. After the class session, attendees will work in the pool with rescue techniques and improving their breath hold time. This is a must for anyone interested in freediving or spearfishing.

Class session 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM
Pool session 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM

NOTE: This is not a full Freediving program and does not result in any certification. The safety covered is minimal and specific to this introduction. If you plan on freediving, it is advised that you complete a full certification course.

Presenter:
Nick Fazah & Dave Hochman

Cost:
$50

Contact Info:
brookline@ecdivers.com

https://www.facebook.com/events/435003490024143/
Goody1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 08:54 PM   #2
Adicted

Re: Spearfishing and Freediving Clinic - Boston Sea Rovers

I'm currently in the freedive level 1 with Nick and I can honestly say it's worth every $$...nick is a great instructor and the rescue tips and breathing techniques will help.
Adicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 12:13 AM   #3
Mookieo2

I went last year and it was well worth it. You get almost a level 1 safety class, you get to practice the safety drills they teach you proper breathing and recovery, plus Dave gives you some great info on hunting skills and lets you pick his brain. Nick did a great job of the freediving portion. ****Bring a wetsuit for the pool session. I didn't and found out the hotel pool is like 50 degrees. I was shivering during the breath holds and had to come up.
Mookieo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 04:58 PM   #4
StriperRider

I went last year (just for the class session) and it was great. Great way to tune up your game. Hope I have time to go again!
StriperRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 05:25 PM   #5
Kevin Sheets

I am going
Kevin Sheets is offline   Reply With Quote