Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > General Topics (Non-regional) > General Spearfishing & Diving Discussion

General Spearfishing & Diving Discussion This is where you post to discuss general spearfishing topics that could apply to any region.

Old 07-07-2017, 02:36 PM   #1
Megabeast

Slip-On Powerheads

I don't know if this is the right spot for this thread.. but..

My beloved BECO blew up on me the other day after a long career.. and I've been wanting to switch over to the slip on style for some time. As a recreational diver now.. there simply isn't that much stuff to shoot with a powerhead these days with the limits we're allowed.. so I end up using freeshafts for 90% of my shots, and the BECO spent most of it's time screwed on to my kill spike. But I still want access to some boom when a cobia comes by, or a really big grouper/cubera.. or a dumb shark.

So.. who makes the best, reloadable, reliable slip on powerheads in .357? I want to stay with that caliber bc I have about 400 rounds already.. and 5/16 shafts fit down the powerhead barrels nicely. I don't have a PayPal account.. so credit card would be preferable.

Thanks in advance fellas.
Old 07-13-2017, 11:51 PM   #2
SEA_ARCHER
The Ocean is Calling

Re: Slip-On Powerheads

Hey Mega I have purchased the 223 and the 357 from "spear fishing world" and have been happy with them. I don't think they will be anywhere as precise as your beco but they work good to just slip on quickly
SEA_ARCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 12:25 AM   #3
Megabeast

Thank God somebody finally replied. Are you able to reload/reuse them? I'm going to check them out now.
Old 07-14-2017, 01:26 AM   #4
SEA_ARCHER
The Ocean is Calling

Yeah they are super easy to reload and they seem pretty durable. They are machined out of aluminum and the fuel line is easily replaced when worn. While they are not quite the precision instrument that the beco is they certainly follow the "kiss" rule. I have dozens of shots through them, not 100s, but they are cheap so if they wear out before 100 rounds then I have gotten my money's worth. I follow their recommendations and seal them in my food saver so they stay dry and last multiple dives if I don't use them.
SEA_ARCHER is offline   Reply With Quote