Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > California Spearfishing

California Spearfishing Talk here about spearfishing on California's Pacific Coast, and post those reports and photos!

Old 04-06-2003, 11:20 PM   #16
O2fsh

Kill Shot

For information on the PCC's in Oct. contact Dave Edlund

edlunds123@attbi.com
O2fsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2003, 03:56 PM   #17
trip4dave

hi everyone!!

no no! How you doin'

But really though, you may notice that this is my first post, and I am really happy that this board has been put together.

A little about myself, I recently graduated from UCSB, and that is where I started to free dive. I was on the swim team there and some of teammates and I were get pretty into it. I recently moved to San Jose and its putting quit a cramp in my diving schedule.

However I wanted to let everyone know about the blue water hunter and the trips that they put together with the PEACE boat out of Ventura. I went out to the Channel Islands with them once last year and it was great. I am all signed up to go on their 3 day trip to the Cortez Banks this year and it should be great.

I still need to get a gun for the trip but I am excited about going.
You can check out the trips on blueh2o.com and as for the gun thing I am thinking about getting a riffe metaltech #5. thoughts?

hope that I can learn a lot and met some cool people,

dave
trip4dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 01:53 PM   #18
Mr.bones

Re: Welcome to New Members

Hey everyone. This is my first post. I live in san diego, so cal. Im a begginer at spear fishing. I have a little free diving experience, lobster diving, diving in commercial tuna nets in panama. Im a lcensed 100 capt. Ive worked on the sport fishing boats for 10 years down here.

After diving in the nets in panama I fell in love with diving. And living in san diego I want enjoy our local coastal fisherie and the seasonal offshore fish. Any help or just someone to go with would be great. I have no one to go with and am a little sketchy about going alone.

Im picking a gatku 10" pole spear with the shorter pole attachment. Im really looking forward to everything I can learn from this site. Thanks.
Mr.bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 02:02 PM   #19
SpearMax
Forum Administrator

Cool Re: Welcome to New Members

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.bones View Post
Hey everyone. This is my first post. I live in san diego, so cal. Im a begginer at spear fishing. I have a little free diving experience, lobster diving, diving in commercial tuna nets in panama. Im a lcensed 100 capt. Ive worked on the sport fishing boats for 10 years down here.

After diving in the nets in panama I fell in love with diving. And living in san diego I want enjoy our local coastal fisherie and the seasonal offshore fish. Any help or just someone to go with would be great. I have no one to go with and am a little sketchy about going alone.

Im picking a gatku 10" pole spear with the shorter pole attachment. Im really looking forward to everything I can learn from this site. Thanks.
Welcome to Spearboard Mr. Bones!

“Live this day as if it will be your last. Remember that you will only find 'tomorrow' on the calendars of fools.”

---- Success Unlimited Author Og Mandino b.1923 - d.1996
SpearMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 08:12 PM   #20
basecamp9890

Mr Bones , PM sent
basecamp9890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 11:56 AM   #21
Gerifalte

Hello everyone,

I recently joined this great forum (so much good information!!) so I wanted to introduce myself. I live in Colorado but come to PV a couple of times a year and I try to get in the water as much as I can, mostly on shore dives and/or using a kayak.

If anyone is interested please let me know if you'll like to dive the PV area. I'll be here all week and available to dive early in the am or after 5pm.

Thanks and I am looking forward to meeting some of you!
Gerifalte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 04:34 PM   #22
calshore

Hello Everyone,

I just joined this board a few days ago, it's a great resource! I am completely new to spearfishing but really looking to get into it. New to the state as well, having recently moved to San Jose to continue my education there. Love being in the water, be that scuba, surfing, diving, whatever.

I was hoping to use this forum to link up with a few more experienced people in the Bay Area that could show me the ropes. It seems that the diving in the Monterey/Santa Cruz area is pretty good? I would really appreciate someone who would feel comfortable going with a beginner. I am planning on going to the Monterey Bay Tritons meeting in August to hopefully get more information there as well.

Speaking of which, I was looking into getting either a Cressi Apache or Comanche speargun to start. Would this be a good gun for beginners? Have others had success using it? Thanks!
calshore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 01:08 AM   #23
lvpiers

Hey All,

I'm new to spearfishing as well. I moved to LA from Santa Cruz and have been enjoying the warm clear water, especially around the PV area. I picked up a Ray Odor pole spear and have had luck with calico and opaleye, trying for lobster too. I'm always down for shore dives on the weekends so if anyone is looking for dive company let me know!
lvpiers is offline   Reply With Quote