Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Spearfishing Gear > All About Pole Spears & Slings

All About Pole Spears & Slings What is it about that traditional method of the early hunter/gatherers under the water? These devices are indeed interesting and effective.

Old 04-18-2012, 10:45 AM   #1
Beandip613

Poseidon polespear review???

Hey guys I have been searching the internet for weeks trying to find a review on the poseidon pole spear. Every thread I find turns into which polespear everyone should buy and all I want to know is how good/bad the poseidon is
Thanks if anyone has any input
Beandip613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 07:31 PM   #2
Zach88

Re: Poseidon polespear review???

It's an awesome spear man. Friend of mine uses one and swears by it. Well constructed, durable and with the broad head adapter it really punches through fish like a hot knife through butter and they dont know what hit em. Wouldn't recommend shooting fish under 10-15 lbs with it as it will surely blow them up. Not too sure if you can use other tips as my friend just uses the broad heads but you probably can if it fits the thread. They're a new company, but I've heard nothing but positive things so far from their clientele. Good luck.
Zach88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 08:32 PM   #3
KILLIAN
from lurker to legend...

Re: Poseidon polespear review???

I borrowed the demo model from Fl freedivers and took it for a test drive off palm beach *Great spear with some cool design features that add to the overall effectiveness.The front section is thinner(tapered) for speed, yet stronger because it is made of stainless. The threads will accept most current tips. They spear has a rigid/stiff feel not flimsy like many spears out there and the overall wieght is just about the perfect balance between punch and speed. My only criticism as seen yet is that to achieve the 9 1/2 -10 foot spear I desire for the Bahamas is not really possible without an additional extension tip like the seastinger 1st generation series(not made for big fish). If they had a standard 9ft model with the tradition sliptip on top it would be an ideal weapon for both big heavy grouper AND spooky quick moving dolphin/wahoo. I'm sure my wish will come true one day.....

Last edited by KILLIAN; 04-18-2012 at 08:47 PM.
KILLIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 08:01 PM   #4
beachbumin82

Talking Re: Poseidon polespear review???

I don't have my new Poseidon yet, but it is in the mail and and should be here in a few days. We leave in less than 7 days for our trip and hope the shipment arrives soon! I will post a review when I arrive home and hope to have a few fish to back up the review! Jeff in Arizona
beachbumin82 is offline   Reply With Quote