Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > International Section > Other International

Other International Here is an area for shooters from Europe, Asia, Africa, and all points in between.

Old 02-07-2004, 02:05 AM   #1
KJNDIVER
Mmm... taste like chicken

Send a message via AIM to KJNDIVER Send a message via MSN to KJNDIVER Send a message via Yahoo to KJNDIVER
Iyadiver !!!

COME OUT, COME OUT, WHEREVER YOU ARE !!!

People over here are jonesing for dogtooth tuna stories. Where ya hiding at good buddy?
Old 02-07-2004, 06:19 AM   #2
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Last time I spoke with IYA he was having internet problems.

I'd really like to hear from him. C'mon IYA, talk to us!!
Forum Admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2004, 05:24 AM   #3
IyaDiver
Crazy for Dog Tooth Tuna

HI KJN & Forum Admin,

Thanks for the shout.
To dear Scott, thanks for the email and the invitation to the tournament.......sorry can't go for sure...

My internet is still bad. Lightning fried my modem a while back. Now I am getting no better than 31 kps. Been busy with a consulting job which takes me 2 weeks a month out of town.

Not much diving action lately due to bad weather. However two of my friend lost each a gun to a Doggie. One lost a Riffe Standard #4 to a 60 pounder in my secret spot last month and the other, just a few days back lost a MT1 to a 50 pounder in Manado ( eastern Indonesia ). Both has no reels and no floats.

The Standard #4 hunter was dragged from 150 feet to 220 feet and back up again to 150 feet and then again to 220 feet and finally lost the gun, he can't take the over exertion at depth...good call. His computer went into error mode. He had to do emergency deco of 30 minutes at 10 feet. This guys has good experience but too daring in my opinion.

The MT1 guy is quite a new diver. Shot at 70 feet, dragged to 140 feet and dumped the gun...also a good call.

As for me, no significant catch, all doggies under 30#. The current is at the wrong direction in my tuna spot, this makes the doggie cruise the deeper 220-250 feet bottom. If the current goes opposite, they will patrol the 175 feet bottom...my favourite. I have not been enjoying the dive this past few months. River run off has made the first 100 feet murky like hell. Been raining since December and will run thru end of Feb. At 140 feet viz get clear but it was so dark. Condition like this makes me get narc sooner than usual. My last trip, I missed twice due to under estimating distance and I get scarry feeling if I passed 150-160 feet. Mentally for me visibility is number one Fear Factor, low light only make it worst.

Will tell more stories if condition better on March.
Stay tune and I miss u guys.
BTW, Rich ...thanks for asking, I am still here.

Kapiten Hector, before i wrote this post, your stories are the best appetizers and to keep track of things...

Later,
IYA
Old 02-14-2004, 05:25 AM   #4
IyaDiver
Crazy for Dog Tooth Tuna

finally that post went thru after 3 tries....strange.

I submit twice and I got unathorized warning....
Must be my stupid computer....if not my IT skill..
Old 02-14-2004, 11:02 AM   #5
junior

Glad to see you around again Iya. Same thing here with weather and conditions. It's getting everyone a little stir crazy, but good weather soon come
junior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2004, 02:06 PM   #6
KJNDIVER
Mmm... taste like chicken

Send a message via AIM to KJNDIVER Send a message via MSN to KJNDIVER Send a message via Yahoo to KJNDIVER
Good to hear from ya again. I just love to hear those stories from the other side of the world. We all know the feeling about the weather, like Junior said, the crappy weather has kept many on the bank latley and the cabin fever is gettin pretty bad in these parts. Hoping to hear more dogtooth tuna stories in the future. Ever get an positive ID on that big grouper you saw last year?
Old 02-14-2004, 04:43 PM   #7
Steel Shootin'

Hey Iya....good to hear from you, my friend. I am glad things are well.

Scott
Old 02-16-2004, 11:07 AM   #8
Slay Ride

Always great to hear stories from you Iya. Keep it up.