Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > The Spearboard Tavern > Off Topic Area

Off Topic Area Enjoy a virtual beer at the bar, and talk about anything else on your mind that may not pertain to spearfishing.

Old 09-06-2018, 06:08 PM   #1
agbiv
Spear, cook, and eat fish

I hate *&%$#@*&! robo solicitation calls!

I am on the list! I've tried nicely telling them I don't accept phone solicitations. I've blocked their numbers. I've filled out the Federal and State forms to complain and be placed on the do not ever, never, under any circumstances call me list.

All to no avail. Sigh. I've screamed, cursed, harangued, threatened, advised I'm keeping a complaint log. All to no avail. I've asked them how they go home to wife and kids knowing they're a parasite and social pariah. All to no avail. I get up to six calls a day and the robo is now using local numbers.

So now...I'm getting my jollies by insulting them in Hindi (most of them ARE Indian. Responses run from shocked silence, nervous chuckle to outright guffaw...and then they hang up. The volume of calls has fallen off. Maybe it'll dry up.

Some nice phrases to try:
kshudra - exact translation is "insignificant" but this is the lowest caste-"untouchables"
darinda - vermin
chooha ultee - rat vomit
chooha jhuaav - rat ejaculate

The choices are endless! I use my translator with the voice pronunciation so's I can get it right.

Today was the first day without a call. I am beginning to get happy.

If'n I've offended anyone's national, ethnic or moral sensibilities--pound salt. Get your cousins to quit calling me.

Last edited by agbiv; 09-06-2018 at 06:23 PM.
agbiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 01:19 PM   #2
Timinator

Re: I hate *&%$#@*&! robo solicitation calls!

I put on Facebook I'd give anybody $1000 for information directing me to Rachael from Card Holder Services. I can't believe the phone companies can't stop this. It's bull shit.
Old 09-09-2018, 10:17 AM   #3
OBLIGATED

I just hang up on robo calls.If its an unwanted caller I ask what they or wearing or ask really personal questions(use your imagination)I get some entertainment and they stop calling for a while.
Old 09-10-2018, 10:21 AM   #4
Ron S

What bugs me is that they set it up so your caller ID shows it as a local number so you'll answer. Once it even came up as our local school district, which is where my wife works. I answered and it was one of those recordings that I'd won a trip to some resort. I hung up and called the number back and it was not valid. Called the wife and she looked the number up in the district's directory. Not there. Another time it came up as the local hospital. Having two teen aged drivers, that one scared me. Same freakin' thing. Robo call.

The one that cracks me up is the "IRS". They literally say that if you don't call them back, "the local cops" will come and arrest you. "The local cops"??? Who says stupid stuff like that?
Ron S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 11:01 AM   #5
OBLIGATED

Who says stupid stuff like that?

People that are not toilet trained?
Old 10-10-2018, 03:03 PM   #6
techwiz44

maybe he was trying to sell insurance...

https://gizmodo.com/tiny-gecko-makes...ium=socialflow

Click image for larger version

Name:	fnx6yaygdmuizjmjz0sx.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	240112

Protecting the US borders is LAWFULL- not racist.
Fabricating lies and passing it off as news is dishonest and corrupt and not worthy of protection.
techwiz44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 10:12 PM   #7
mepps1

If I could hurt these people.......

I would.

Sometimes I go through all the trouble to press the numbers to actually talk to someone. Nicely, of course.
Old 10-11-2018, 10:57 AM   #8
Ron S

The most common one now in our area is the automated voice that says you recently stayed in one of their hotels and have won a vacation to a luxury resort. If you don't answer they hang up when your machine picks up. That's the one that comes across on the caller ID as local numbers mostly, but can be from anywhere. Been getting those on the house phone and all our cell phones multiple times a day lately.

It's simple for us. If we don't recognize the number we just don't answer. If no message was left, it was a scam. It'd be rough on folks who use their cell phones for business though.
Ron S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 01:47 PM   #9
agbiv
Spear, cook, and eat fish

It hasn't stopped. Sigh! I guess I'll gnaw on my politicos to do something.