Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > California Spearfishing

California Spearfishing Talk here about spearfishing on California's Pacific Coast, and post those reports and photos!

Old 03-19-2016, 12:27 AM   #1
i want flattys

Car broken into in PV

Just a heads up to anyone thats getting in the water in PV this weekend ,specifically the pipe. Was in the water from 3-530 today (march 18th). Parked on the side of street closest to the water next to the path down. The cowards smashed into the back passenger window , I assume my alarm was going off so they only grabbed what was easiest. My backpack with military/VA paperwork , old cell phone ,cloths and part of my military uniform. PD came and info was taken. Luckily my wallet and spare keys were not found. There was a camera at the house closest that might of got something but doubtful the PD cares to follow up on that. There was another diver there that was looking for a go pro he lost in the morning , if your reading this I know you asked my dive buddy about my truck and whose it was before you went back up the cliff …... if you know or saw anything please let me know.My car is a white four door tacoma with shell.
Been coming up here for years first negative experience like this.
I encourage you to park away from the trees along the street as it provides cover for the thieves and don't leave valuables in your car.
i want flattys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 08:53 AM   #2
Trace

Re: Car broken into in PV

Very sorry to hear this. Thank you for the heads up.
Trace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 12:54 PM   #3
Magno

Boo!!!
Magno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 01:15 PM   #4
fishstew

Damn, that's the last place I'd expect that. Especially in broad daylight. Sorry to hear that dude. I hope you at least got to shoot a couple fish. Thanks for the heads up though, hopefully they catch the asshole and this doesn't happen to any more people.
fishstew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 04:43 PM   #5
tailsurfer

talked to Police at Lanada bay recently and they said they have had a big influx of transient homeless that use the secluded cliffs and beaches and huts, to use drugs and sleep. He said locals were complaining about the transients living in 'their' huts that 'they' built and have complained about needles and crap laying around... but then the cop kinda chuckled and said "but how is that any worse than the locals illegally building huts (technical felony) at base of cliff and getting drunk and Assaulting visitors and leaving all their trash and alcohol bottles all over the beach." He said he was currently working with coastal commission to demolish the huts as they bring more bad, than good for all parties; Locals, visitors, and homeless...

Anyway, that's a bummer, hope they catch the Douch
Old 03-19-2016, 11:10 PM   #6
Bob Ballew

That has been occuring for all the years I have been diving up there since 1965.....although it used to be the local surf bums, rather than the increasing number of homeless people living in the canyons...a canyon dweller went in my garage freezer up in RPV once and ate a "Hungry Man" Swanson frozen tv dinner on the spot!....
Bob Ballew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 12:23 AM   #7
tailsurfer

Well at least the locals don't cut anchor rope/chain anymore... I have heard of a few crazy stories of divers looking up to see their boat drifting into rocks after local surfers cut their anchor rope...
Old 03-21-2016, 01:04 AM   #8
ThomasLV

Being from Santa Cruz and seeing more broken windows than you could imagine, I've learned to stash away anything that looks like it might hold something valuable (pants, shoes, backpack). Ive come back in from surfing to find a friends car window smashed and the only thing missing was a pair of pants he left on the seat. Nothing else was even touched. I think they assumed he'd have cash or a wallet in the pants, so they just grabbed them and ran.

I usually fold my seats flat, and put my clothes/backpack under the seat, then move my driver/passenger seat fully backward so the rear seats cant go back up without the front seats moving forward again. Hiding your stuff in easily accessible panels, like tail light panels inside the trunk is always a safe bet too.

I still wouldnt expect that to happen in PV. Thats the only place where the thought of someone breaking into my car doesnt even cross my mind.
ThomasLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 04:24 AM   #9
mainphrame

Location: Your so called secret spots and places your momma wont let you go to!

Honestly stay out of PV if you cant hang. This isnt the first time nor will it be the last especially after last years crap. Once it was hot with wsb, a shit ton of people talked through facebook and instagram then the rookies came in and tore off soo many fish then the sharks shut the spot down.

I dont condone any of this aforementioned behavior but last year i got buzzed hard by a big ass shark in that same shit viz we have right now so take it for what its worth. Maby the locals want to spread a big FU to us divers man.
mainphrame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 04:40 PM   #10
i want flattys

Cant hang? what are you talking about? Sharks? simply stating the fact about where and when I was broken into. No secret that fish show up to that area in the spring.
i want flattys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 06:06 PM   #11
Eddieparrasuper

http://news.doddleme.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/Osgood-doctor-who.jpg
Eddieparrasuper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 12:38 PM   #12
Avenues

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainphrame View Post
Honestly stay out of PV if you cant hang. This isnt the first time nor will it be the last especially after last years crap. Once it was hot with wsb, a shit ton of people talked through facebook and instagram then the rookies came in and tore off soo many fish then the sharks shut the spot down.

I dont condone any of this aforementioned behavior but last year i got buzzed hard by a big ass shark in that same shit viz we have right now so take it for what its worth. Maby the locals want to spread a big FU to us divers man.
You can't hang? What does that even mean??? It seems to imply that if you can "hang" you are okay or indifferent to having your property damaged/stolen. Please consider what you're saying before hitting the post button.

OP- sorry to hear about your truck, that sucks man but thanks for the heads up.
Old 03-23-2016, 01:08 PM   #13
Bob Ballew

Hmmm, on second thought, it may be the elitest homeowners who don't like seeing those pretty fishies being dragged across their well-manicured lawns....the shame of it!
Bob Ballew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 01:15 PM   #14
Markio
Shoot to eat

PV is got a bunch of scumbags, from the assholes territorial surfers to the creeps.

This breaking in to the cars crap happens all the time there.

Precisely because of that is great go and take fish from there..just to piss them off.
Markio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 02:26 PM   #15
John Hughes
wsb....I'm over it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markio View Post
PV is got a bunch of scumbags, from the assholes territorial surfers to the creeps.

This breaking in to the cars crap happens all the time there.

Precisely because of that is great go and take fish from there..just to piss them off.
great attitude. You forgot to mention the scumbags that come into the area with little respect making a mess and taking without giving anything back.

Sorry to hear about your car OP. That never makes for a fun day and I'm glad it wasn't worse. I'm certain there will be more of this with the amount of new "talent" that has bombarded the area during peak times.
I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly. John 10:10
John Hughes is offline   Reply With Quote