Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Boating > Dive Boats 4-Sale

Dive Boats 4-Sale Have a dive boat you want to sell? Post photos and a good description, and you may just have some success.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-02-2009, 09:23 AM   #1
Doc

25 foot PRIVATEER full custom Pilot House; F225- Madeira Beach,FL MORE PICS ADDED

For sale is a 25 foot Privateer Cabin/pilothouse style boat. This boat was completely rebuilt from the ground up in 2007 and 2008 by me and was customised and improved upon. It is one of the nicest privateers I have ever seen. The boat is wet slipped behind my home in Madeira Beach, Fl (Johns Pass Village... www.johnspass.com )

Here is the link to the company and this model boat http://www.privateerboats.com/2400.htm

HULL:

Privateer builds legendary hulls with a cult following. Styled like Parkers or C-hawks and are ruggedly tough and built to last, often being used as commercial fishing platform or sea rescue work. The 25 foot model is actually coast guard rated for light ice breaking activituies. The hull is laid up thick, but much of its strength comes from the use of much more expensive vinyl-ester resin rather than poly-ester, which aslo gives the hull longevity as well as tremendous resistance to osmotic water damage/blistering damage.

Below deck and deck:

Just before I bought it he deck was pulled up and a 95 gallon gas tank replaced and foamed in.

After I purchased it the entire deck was stripped of all hardware, and every hole was ground to glass, filled and reglasssed. The deck was then finished the most rugged nonslip paint I could find called Durabak ( www.nonslipcoating.com/marine.htm ) Its fully nonslip, hods up very well and is easy on bare feet. A fresh coat was just reapplied. A 200 quart fish box was built in the deck insulated with 2" polyurethane foam and several layers of glass, then a nidacore and polyurethane foam cover was created. The finished box which holds ice for 4-5 days in summer. The deck is solid. No rot or softspots now, no holes or week spots in the glass that will lead to soft spots later. All bilges were replaced, there are now dual 1200 and 1500gph bilge pumps draining through seperate hose to opposite sides of the boat.

Bottom Paint:

The boat was repainted about 8 months ago with new bottom paint

As ongoing maintenance, The entire "Stainless Marine" positive flotation bracket was fully stripped to bare aluminum metal, properly and fully primed, tie coated and painted Trilux 33 aluminum safe bottom paint. All trim tabs and underwater gear were also re-coated. Bracket is in excellent condition and has YEARS of life left. The bracket is extra cool as it is the model that can be set up with single or twins, so if a re-power is eventually desired, Twins can easily be added with no hassle.

Cabin/pilothhouse:

The old hard cover and dodger front were fully enclosed with nidacore panels to create a custom lightweight pilot house ( i think the entire project added less than 200# to weight) and custom shelves were built inside for convenience. This not only greatly strengthened the original structure, but gives the boaters 4 season protection. Sliding windows were ordered from the Wynne corporation www.wynneinc.com in the exact style as the original front windows so the whole project looks very professional. The remainder of the deck is covered in a stainless permant cover with white nylon roof stretched taught, providing shade over 75% of the deck.

Electrical:

The entire boat was professionally rewired in 2008- every wire was replaced. Additionally, every light on the boat (except the red/green running lights) was replaced with LED's... there are dual red/white leds at the pilots station, LED white light in the cabin, and Red LED rope run under the gunnels on trhe deck and in the cabin for lighting up the deck and entire cabin withoout interfering with vision at night. There is also and LED anchor light so you dont need to worry about the battery at night when anchored up.

Batteries were replaced in early 2009.

HYDRAULICS:

There is hydraulic steering and bennet hydraulic trim tabs installed; a brand new hydraulic unit was installed in 2008 as the old one was leaking.

POWER:

The Boat is powered by a 2003 Yamaha four stroke 225 hp engine. There are about 1300 hours on the engine, so should have 1700-5000 left (engine treated well and run regulary, so my guess is towards the upper end of this) The exact year and model engines are run on a local commercial (dolphin tours for tourists) boat and the last time I talked to the captain, last summer, he had almost 7000 hours on his with no major repairs, just maintenance.

PERFORMANCE:

Boat has a 19 pitch stainless prop, at light load with a clean hull the boat tops out at 36mph, cruises at 28mph, a while back I calculated a 15 or 18% prop slip so there is no need to reprop as this is pretty good for this type of boat. The boat gets about 2.4 mpg (calculated by full day on water track plot/gps distance divided by gallons on return) Loaded HEAVY ( 20 tanks, five divers, dive gear and a few hundred pound of ice and or fish) the boat planes easily and cruises at 24 and burns about 1.6.

The motor is perfectly situated at the correct height for maximum efficiency, and is mounted on an aluminum stainless marine full size bracket (doubling as a swim platform) which can handle twin engines if repower is desired and makes getting in and out a breeze and improves the handling of this hull.

DIVE SPECIFIC:

There is currently a custom built aluminum and starboard tank rack/bench/diver gear up station located at the stern. This station holds five tanks and two geared up divers waiting for there turn to roll in. This is parmently mounted to the deck (stainless screws, 5200) but can be removed if you desire.

There is a FULL size custom aluminum ladder, about five feet long that drops about three feet into the water with several submerged steps that comes with the boat, but I have never found it necessary to lug this along as the swim platform is so easy.

Forward is a large cabin with tons of storage that can easily stow all your gear or sleep two in comfort.

ELECTRONICS:

Boat outfitted with redundant GPS systems and single bottom finder (furuno)

TRAILER:

Aluminum twin axle trailer was fully rebuilt in August 2009 with all brand new brackets, hubs and new stainless bearing buddies on all tires. New brake lights installed. Leaf springs, equalizers and bunks have plenty of life left and do not need replacing. The bunks are set perfectlly for this hull. Spare hub and TWO spare trailer tires included, the trailer is ready for a trip to the keys tommorrow.

Boat History:

This boat started life as a commercial lobster boat working the Keys west of Key West. The boat was then turned into a 6 pack charter vessel running out of Cudjoe Key, most recently running under the name "Wreckreation" and owned by spearboarder "Wreckchic". I bought her, rebuilt her, loved her, used her, never abused her, pimped her out into a fishing and diving machine. Now its time to pass her on.

The boat has been great for me. Its done multiday trips to the grounds twice and has been far offshore countless others and has been the most versatile boat Ive ever owned. Ive spent countless nights on it and it has always made for a comfy and safe experience. I have also used it as a coastal cruiser; its cruised it up the coast to the headwaters of the Homosassa River and to Cedar Key to bring friends on manatee and fishing trips, I have had it up to dive "hospital hole" (140 foot deep cave access in waste deep river water a few miles up from the gulf) with the boat as a platform for the expedition, done lots of river cruising and flats fishing as well as brought it way offshore. And of course I have slayed fish, lots of fish and used it in a few tournaments. One of the boats coolest quirks is that when fishing, the cabin always gets blown so it is downwind aligning all the fishing lines trailing off the stern perfectly.

The reason Im selling is that I dont desire to own or have parking space for an adequate tow vehichle for this boat. I live on the water, and do not have storage for a second boat either. I just bought a small catamaran that my current vehichle can handle towing for trips to the east coast and the keys and to north Florida. I will miss the Privateer. Alot.

The boat is priced for quick sale, I need it gone to concentrate on my new cat. The boat is in water wet slipped and ready to demo.

$17,400 boat, engine, electronics, and trailer.

$15,900 without trailer

Pics will come on Saturday and more on Sunday. I figured Id post now as I will be off work Sun, Mon, Tue and would like to start lining up some people to come see it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	downsized_1004091203.jpg
Views:	3706
Size:	40.1 KB
ID:	112926   Click image for larger version

Name:	downsized_1004091203a.jpg
Views:	2403
Size:	33.9 KB
ID:	112927   Click image for larger version

Name:	downsized_1004091207.jpg
Views:	1825
Size:	28.9 KB
ID:	112928   Click image for larger version

Name:	p1.jpg
Views:	1397
Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	114525   Click image for larger version

Name:	p2.jpg
Views:	1253
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	114526  

Click image for larger version

Name:	p3.jpg
Views:	1217
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	114527   Click image for larger version

Name:	p4.jpg
Views:	1314
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	114528   Click image for larger version

Name:	p6.jpg
Views:	1118
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	114530  

Last edited by Doc; 10-26-2009 at 08:54 AM.
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote