Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Boating > Repairs to Engines and Boats

Repairs to Engines and Boats BOAT means "Break Out Another Thousand" to many of us. Discuss your engine and hull repairs here.

Old 09-21-2016, 08:19 PM   #1
Prater

Any Optimax experts here???

I have a 2001 Optimax 150 that got hit with water in the fuel, lots of water to be exact. I pulled the fuel system and cleaned everything, replaced the fuel filters, cleaned all the injectors, and added racors. I had to replace the low pressure and high pressure fuel pumps and rebuilt the fuel lift pump. I do not seem to have any firing of the number 2, 4, and 6 fuel injectors after putting everything back together. I do have spark but still need to check the harness with Noid lights to make sure the signal is getting to the fuel and air injectors, hopefully this will be done tomorrow. Any mechanics out there have any further suggestions? I am pretty remote and do not have a local marina or any place to hook up the computer for diagnostics. All help appreciated...
Prater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 11:22 AM   #2
Prater

Re: Any Optimax experts here???

Noid lights show the injectors are getting a signal. Swapped an injector over to the other side and it worked fine. I will check the plugs again today and make sure they are firing, I know they are getting a signal but I will pull them and make sure they are actually sparking. Time to check compression...Anyone have a couple of used 200's for sale?
Old 09-24-2016, 06:14 PM   #3
Prater

Re: Any Optimax experts here???

In case someone has some input...I had one bad plug that was not firing so I replaced it with one of the old plugs I pulled until I get a replacement. I was able to check fuel and air pressure today, fuel pressure is good at 90 psi but the air pressure is all over the place, surging from 50 to 80 psi. I tested the pressure regulator using the good motors regulator with no change. I checked the tracker valve, it has a tear on one side so I figure that's a big issue...new one on the way. Hope that takes care of everything...hope the parts make it to the island within two weeks...