Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Boating > Repairs to Engines and Boats

Repairs to Engines and Boats BOAT means "Break Out Another Thousand" to many of us. Discuss your engine and hull repairs here.

Old 12-07-2018, 09:52 PM   #1
steve-oh
Treasure Coast Charters

seacat sl5 cuddy step by step major overhaull

So i have finally decided to gut this sl5 cuddy i bought 2 years ago. After playing with her for about a year ive decided to keep her permantly and customize her to my liking. My main goals were 1. more deck space/storage for A. charters and b. Commercial harvest 2. bigger fuel reserves for bahama trips.
These boats already have awesome layouts for such a small boat but there was alot of space wasted so my intentions are to maximize all usable space. My plan is to tear everything from the cabin back out. Removing liner(skirt) and back seats should open an additional 5'' on each side and 4ft+ in the rear. Pulling out all of the old floor and foam underneath. I debated on replacing the 2 65 gallon tanks with 2-100 gallon tanks at $1400 for the pair. i ended up finding that the existing tanks were actually 75 gallons so i ended up purchasing two 30 gallon tanks for $350 (for both) shipped. which puts me at 210 total gallons for a quarter of the cost. Hopefully this post will help someone else with the same ideas or just planning to redo there floor.

steve-oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 01:16 AM   #2
Coral Sniper
Pineisland Freediver

Re: seacat sl5 cuddy step by step major overhaull

I did the same thing last year to my 1985 grady white offshore pro, get all that nasty foam out and make sure any wood that you may put back in the boat is pressure treated! I put a new transom, swim platforms, bracket, and floor in mine.

Ben Carlson
FREEDIVE Fort Myers, Join us on FB!
Coral Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote