Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Upper Gulfcoast

Upper Gulfcoast This is the area for spearfishermen in Panama City, Destin/Ft. Walton, Pensacola, Alabama, Miss., and Louisiana.

Old 08-02-2018, 10:44 PM   #1
Maxxed

New to the sport

Just got my advanced open water and I am looking to start spearing. I picked up a Mako pole spear and want to start small with some lionfish and small reef fish. I’ve been researching the regs for FL, and AL. I’ll probably start with a charter. I figure they can cater to new spearos. I live outside New Orleans and plan to fish from Gulf Shores to Panama City. If anybody is looking for a dive buddy feel free to hit me up.
Maxxed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 10:29 AM   #2
mrfish87
Fisch-Mörder

Re: New to the sport

How far outside of New Orleans are you. Believe it or not you have some great spearing in your backyard.
Old 08-04-2018, 02:19 PM   #3
Maxxed

I'm in Slidell. I meet a guy at work about 2 months ago that was a member of the Hell Divers, said he has been diving since 78! I hope to get to that point where I feel comfortable taking on a 30+ lbs fish. I'd like to start small, but I'm all about any experience that'll get me in the water. I'm down to carry tanks, ice, whatever if you ever need an extra hand.
Maxxed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 02:25 AM   #4
A-Train

whats up bro, im a new guy as well. I have to say your doing the right thing. I tried to just hop in and keep up with my uncle and his buddies that been at it for years and run all of the Alabama spear tournaments and boy it has been a trip. I should have started on smaller fish but im getting to learn a lot fast. good luck to you in the future hope you find a partner soon man.
A-Train is offline   Reply With Quote