Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > The Spearboard Tavern > Off Topic Area

Off Topic Area Enjoy a virtual beer at the bar, and talk about anything else on your mind that may not pertain to spearfishing.

Old 05-26-2018, 11:09 PM   #16
kmoose
Team Headhunter

Re: Thank you to all those serving in the Armed Forces, and all those that gave all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Moose, world traveler, eclectic man? Who would've thunk? I hope you'll represent with the banana hammock. Let them Swedes know us Yanks are crazy like that. We're not to be toyed with. We'll take to the next level. Be sure to bring your free diving gun that you can't cock.
Yeah, but I don’t dig the long flights. Maybe I’ll pick up another watch while I’m there as I don’t think I will be spearfishing.
Old 05-27-2018, 04:44 AM   #17
SubSub

Re: Thank you to all those serving in the Armed Forces, and all those that gave all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmoose View Post
You were not minding your own business and that is the issue.

I’ll be in your neck of the woods late October so maybe we can get together and have lunch and a nice chat. My schedule will be pretty much open.

Ok. I get it’s a sensitive subject. I wasn’t taking the piss and I will not say more than that I feel for your lost soldiers.

Sure. You’re welcome! I’ll show you all the “no-go-zones”. Send me a pm when it’s time.

Quote:
Yeah, but I don’t dig the long flights. Maybe I’ll pick up another watch while I’m there as I don’t think I will be spearfishing.

You’re not mixing up Sweden and Switzerland, eh? Kind of common for yanks to do that... the ol Swiss / Swedish thing.
Watches = Switzerland
Hot chicks = Sweden
SubSub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 01:16 PM   #18
kmoose
Team Headhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubSub View Post
Ok. I get it’s a sensitive subject. I wasn’t taking the piss and I will not say more than that I feel for your lost soldiers.

Sure. You’re welcome! I’ll show you all the “no-go-zones”. Send me a pm when it’s time.

You’re not mixing up Sweden and Switzerland, eh? Kind of common for yanks to do that... the ol Swiss / Swedish thing.
Watches = Switzerland
Hot chicks = Sweden
I’ve bought 2 Oris divers from Klockmasters online store and they carry every watch in The diver and Aquis line and many that are not available in the states. They have several locations in Stockholm. I will be in London as well so where I buy will be dependent on the exchange rate.

FYI, Switzerland is the most expensive place to buy a big name automatics. You are better off purchasing higher end automatics from other European hub destinations.
Old 05-27-2018, 02:54 PM   #19
SubSub

Quote:

FYI, Switzerland is the most expensive place to buy a big name automatics. You are better off purchasing higher end automatics from other European hub destinations.

Yeah I know. It’s just a real common misconception among you yanks. A recent example; the Swedish company Spotify were recently listed on the US market, the NY stock exchange honoured it by flying the Swiss flag.
SubSub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 04:54 PM   #20
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair

“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”
― Frederic Bastiat, The Law
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 01:19 PM   #21
Casper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubSub View Post
I do respect the soldiers 100%. It’s not a fun job. Unfortunately for the soldiers a lot of the war were not necessary for others than the warmongers with their own agendas. Unfortunately for the soldiers that are the ones just doing their jobs, they are the ones that pay the price for the others to cash in on.
Why are y'all so worked up about this guy's comment?

He said he respects soldiers 100%. Then essentially said it's unfortunate that many soldiers have died due to political grafe/bullshit.

How the hell is that disrespectful to those who lost their lives?
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 12:36 AM   #22
techwiz44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
Why are y'all so worked up about this guy's comment?

He said he respects soldiers 100%. Then essentially said it's unfortunate that many soldiers have died due to political grafe/bullshit.

How the hell is that disrespectful to those who lost their lives?
When I started the thread a pointed out that honoring the fallen should not be made into a political football.

Imagine a family member is killed while serving in the armed forces. You're at the funeral and someone named subsub comes up and tells you "sorry for your loss", and oh' BTW your dead family member was just a tool for those horrible corporations that want to get rich from gun sales. Crude, inappropriate and not the time or the place for that discussion. DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW!

If subsub or any one else wants to discuss their feelings there is a novel hardly used button aptly named "NEW THREAD".

Protecting the US borders is LAWFULL- not racist.
Fabricating lies and passing it off as news is dishonest and corrupt and not worthy of protection.
techwiz44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 02:04 AM   #23
2fishin2
Pacific Spearo

Quote:
Originally Posted by techwiz44 View Post
When I started the thread a pointed out that honoring the fallen should not be made into a political football.

Imagine a family member is killed while serving in the armed forces. You're at the funeral and someone named subsub comes up and tells you "sorry for your loss", and oh' BTW your dead family member was just a tool for those horrible corporations that want to get rich from gun sales. Crude, inappropriate and not the time or the place for that discussion. DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW!

If subsub or any one else wants to discuss their feelings there is a novel hardly used button aptly named "NEW THREAD".
TW,
I know you mean well and come from a good place with this thread. Please let me point out a couple small but very important things.

Memorial Day or Decoration Day is a federal holiday in the United States for remembering the people who died while serving in the country's armed forces.

Veterans Day is an official United States public holiday, observed annually on November 11, that honors military veterans; that is, persons who served in the United States Armed Forces.

Your initial vdo is about Veterans Day and this holiday is Memorial day which honors only those people who died in service to our country. Both are very important days but very different in meaning.
2fishin2 is offline   Reply With Quote