Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > The Spearboard Tavern > Politics/Religion Forum

Politics/Religion Forum This special place is for threads that are primarily on political or religious subjects.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 37 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-22-2014, 03:08 PM   #1
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair

Ukraine

Could be the start of WW3. Gas pipelines running from Russia to the EU and seaports. Russia wants the revenue. US doesn't want Russia to have the revenue/power....and that's what it's all about.
Former and now fleeing president was just caught at the border. Former former jailed president just released from jail and is running for pres again. US has been funding the unrest. It's a mess over there.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-0...vychs-compound

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-0...-protesters-li
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-0...-i-wont-resign
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-0...raine-be-saved
Old 02-22-2014, 04:07 PM   #2
'o Cino
Help! He's got me!

Re: Ukraine

I wouldn't go so far as to say it's about LPG sourcing to the EU. That's what the new lines through Bulgaria are about, and the southern lines through the Caucasus region. The primary issue would be to keep UA under the energy control of Russia, and back into the "fold".

Sad part is, since the 1991 independence the economy has stagnated and the average income hovers at 3800-4000 dollar equivalent/year. Sort of like Greece with guns and bad attitude.

MSNBC/CNN etc do a miserable job of "reporting" what's going on here. It's more about them providing opinions and pushing the administrations rhetoric.

Tank or Free, it's good with me
'o Cino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 04:24 PM   #3
Marcus

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-0...lained-one-map

Old 02-22-2014, 08:12 PM   #4
Marcus

The Eastern Ukrainians Are Revolting

Quote:
"If Ukraine breaks apart, it will trigger a war,” the official said. “They will lose Crimea first [because] we will go in and protect [it], just as we did in Georgia.” In August 2008, Russian troops invaded Georgia after the Georgian military launched a surprise attack on the separatist region of South Ossetia in an effort to establish its dominance over the republic.

The brief conflict with Georgia pitted Russia indirectly against the US and Nato, which had earlier tried to put Georgia on a path to Nato membership. The Kremlin regards the Georgian conflict as the biggest stand-off between Russia and the west since the end of the Cold War and it has fed determination in Moscow to push back against what it believes to be western attempts to contain Russia.

The warning of a similar scenario comes because Ukraine’s civil conflict has fanned tension in Crimea. On the peninsula, located on the northern coast of the Black Sea where Russia’s Black Sea Fleet is stationed, ethnic Russians make up almost 60 per cent of the population, with Ukrainians and Crimean Tatars accounting for the rest.

Volodymyr Konstantinov, speaker of Crimea’s parliament, said on Thursday that the region might try to secede from Ukraine if the country split. “It is possible, if the country breaks apart,” he told the Russian news agency Interfax. “And everything is moving towards that.” Russian media also quoted him as saying Crimeans might turn to Russia for protection.
Old 02-23-2014, 11:46 AM   #5
Marcus

Meanwhile In Non-Pro-Europe Ukraine

Quote:
The bad feelings concerning Russia run deep in the Western parts of Ukraine (as they topple statues of Lenin in growing numbers) while in the East they see themselves much more as Russians. These feelings run very deep in the region and memories do not fade so easily as the mayor and police chief of Kerch vigorously defend the Ukrainian flag in the clip below - deep in the eastern Crimea region (that Russia has already suggested it is willing to go to war over). Russian President Vladimir Putin has now been placed in a very difficult position, as Martin Armstrong notes, the entire set of circumstances creates the image of events in Ukraine that have diminished the power of Russia, which is a matter of pride and the only stable resolution remains a split along the language faultline. The critical question then is - will Putin let it go?
Old 02-25-2014, 08:20 PM   #6
Marcus

Here is some quality propaganda for you. Think of the quality of the production, beautiful girl w/ wide open pupils...indicative of an opiate unless you really think that she loves a camera that much.
This is pure USA made propaganda to incite our support to start a war against another country that is having internal strife...mostly due to previous political interventions by us and Russia. Empire vs. empire over control of nat gas energy source.
Non entangling alliances anyone?
Old 02-25-2014, 11:26 PM   #7
Silkeytr

Actually, constricted pupils would be more likely if she was on dope.
Silkeytr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 12:32 PM   #8
Marcus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silkeytr View Post
Actually, constricted pupils would be more likely if she was on dope.
http://www.wikihow.com/Spot-a-Cocaine-User

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-0...dessa-refinery

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-0...aine-frontiers

Quote:
Shortly after today's surprising announcement by Russia that it would conduct broad military drills in Central and Western Russia, which would include 150,000 troops, we posted a rhetorical question: How will NATO respond? Moments ago NATO responded:

•NATO: INDEPENDENT, STABLE UKRAINE KEY TO EURO-ATLANTIC SECURITY
•NATO ALLIES CONTINUE TO BACK UKRAINE SOVEREIGNTY, ALLIANCE SAYS
•NATO BACKS `INVIOLABILITY OF FRONTIERS' ON UKRAINE: ALLIANCE
•NATO SAYS IMPERATIVE THAT UKRAINE ARMY DOESN'T INTERVENE
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-0...ctions-ukraine
Quote:
As today's actions by Russia have raised concerns and stirred flight-to-safety flows in the markets, The White House has decided to add its $0.02 worth:

•*OBAMA AIDE EARNEST URGES 'OUTSIDE ACTORS' TO RESPECT UKRAINE TERRITORY
•*EARNEST SAYS RUSSIA SHOULD AVOID `PROVOCATIVE' ACTIONS
•*U.S. WARNS RUSSIA TO RESPECT UKRAINE SOVEREIGNTY

Last edited by Marcus; 02-26-2014 at 02:00 PM.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 07:33 PM   #9
jackpine savage
Kill your food

Maybe the Ukrainians don't like the Russians. Given that Russian policies have led to the death of millions of Ukrainians during the last century and Russian pict prevented the teaching of the Ukrainian language and culture I could understand their dislike. As for Western Ukraine, under the Soviets millions of Russians were forcibly moved there to stifle any movement towards an independent Ukraine.
Old 02-26-2014, 07:42 PM   #10
Marcus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackpine savage View Post
Maybe the Ukrainians don't like the Russians. Given that Russian policies have led to the death of millions of Ukrainians during the last century and Russian pict prevented the teaching of the Ukrainian language and culture I could understand their dislike. As for Western Ukraine, under the Soviets millions of Russians were forcibly moved there to stifle any movement towards an independent Ukraine.
From my readings, it's about split down the middle and there have been talks of splitting it along these lines. 'Russia' itself was fostered in the Ukraine.
Old 02-26-2014, 07:45 PM   #11
jackpine savage
Kill your food

It's pretty complex but I wouldn't trust Putin with anything. The guy is a snake.
Old 02-26-2014, 07:47 PM   #12
Marcus

Quote:
It's pretty complex but I wouldn't trust Putin with anything. The guy is a snake.
Of course he is...but so is Obomba. I think our alleged leader is worse, IMO. At least you kind of know what Putin is all about.
Old 02-26-2014, 07:55 PM   #13
jackpine savage
Kill your food

Putin has more direct blood on his hands. Obama's is all indirect. Plus I think Putin can still kick some ass, watching Obama throw out a pitch at a baseball game I know he would run away from a fight
Old 02-26-2014, 08:54 PM   #14
Marcus

Quote:
Putin has more direct blood on his hands. Obama's is all indirect. Plus I think Putin can still kick some ass, watching Obama throw out a pitch at a baseball game I know he would run away from a fight
Well...yea. Obomba is a pussy puppet. Though, I am surprised at some of his seemingly individual actions lately. From what I've read, the UN (globalists) have been pressuring him to crack down on the states over the pot issue. He hasn't pursued it with much force.
That's about the only thing I have to say good about the globalists' hand puppet called "Obama". One more thing. I'm glad he didn't start WW3 over Syria.
Of course, this doesn't make up one bit over the many corrupt incidents under his rule.
Old 02-27-2014, 09:48 AM   #15
Marcus

http://www.blacklistednews.com/What_...0/0/0/Y/M.html
What Is Happening In Ukraine Is Far More Important Than Most People Realize

Quote:
What the people of Ukraine are being put through is absolutely horrible. They are caught in the middle of a massive tug of war between the East and the West, and they are paying a great price for it. Ultimately, Ukraine will end up either being dominated by Russia (a bad outcome) or by the EU and the United States (another bad outcome).

Most Ukrainians just want to be free and want to be able to build a better future for themselves and their families, but it is extremely unlikely that they will be able to escape the specter of foreign domination. Meanwhile, the violence in Ukraine is planting the seeds for a potentially much larger conflict down the road. The days of “friendly relations” between the United States and Russia are now gone. Russia is absolutely furious that the U.S. has fueled a violent revolution on its own border, and it is something that Russian officials will not forget for a very long time. In return, U.S. officials are taking an increasingly harsh stance toward Russia. In the end, the seeds that are being planted right now could ultimately blossom into a full-blown conflict between the superpowers in the years to come.

Let there be no mistake – the United States is heavily involved in what is going on in Ukraine. Even the New York Times admits this. And the U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine and the Assistant Secretary of State have been caught on tape discussing their next moves in getting a new government installed in Ukraine.

In addition, a number of non-governmental organizations inside the United States have allegedly been assisting and organizing the revolution in Ukraine for a long time. At least a few of these organizations have ties to George Soros. This is something that I discussed in a previous article.

Some of the “progressive” NGOs that have been accused of fueling the violent revolution in Ukraine include the National Endowment for Democracy, Freedom House, and the Open Society Foundations (formerly known as the Open Society Institute).

Please don’t misunderstand me. I am not taking sides. I am just pointing out that both sides in Ukraine are controlled. If I was living in Ukraine, I would want both Russia and the United States to go away and leave Ukraine alone.

Instead, Ukraine is being used as a battleground to fight a proxy war between the East and the West. Now that the opposition has gained the upper hand, it does not appear that Russian officials are in any mood to recognize the new “government”…

Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev on Monday saidRussia had grave doubts about the legitimacy of those in power in Ukraine following President Viktor Yanukovich’s ouster, saying their recognition by some states was an “aberration”.

Medvedev also stated that he has “big doubts about the legitimacy of a whole series of organs of power that are now functioning there.”

Last Friday, an agreement was signed by the two sides in Ukraine that was supposed to bring about a peaceful resolution to all of this. But the revolutionaries reneged on the deal and toppled the government instead. Needless to say, Russia was quite horrified by this…

The Russian Foreign Ministry criticized the West for turning a blind eye to what Moscow described as the opposition reneging on its agreement signed Friday to form a unity government and aiming to “suppress dissent in various regions of Ukraine with dictatorial and, sometimes, even terrorist methods.”

So what does Russia plan to do?

That is the big question that everyone is asking.

They are not doing much of anything just yet. But there have been rumors that we could potentially see some economic blowback…
George Soros and his progressive buddies....you don't say. These are globalists NWO pigs that is trying to make Russia our enemy and foment war at the citizens expense and their profit. Obama is part of them, as was GW, as was Clinton, as was HW, as was....

Pro-Russian Gunmen Seize Ukraine Crimean Parliament; Russia Puts Jets On High Alert; Hryvnia In Record Plunge
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-0...igh-alert-hryv