Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > The Spearboard Tavern > Politics/Religion Forum

Politics/Religion Forum This special place is for threads that are primarily on political or religious subjects.

Old 09-05-2014, 04:07 PM   #1
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair

Immigration

Obama Administration Gives Illegals More Rights!
http://conservative-daily.com/2014/0...s-more-rights/

Quote:
The United States just signed an international agreement promising that illegal immigrants will have the same rights as American citizen and legal immigrant workers!

The “Memorandum of Understanding” was signed by both the United States and Mexico and promises that immigrants in America – regardless of whether they’re legal or illegal – will have the same workplace rights as American workers.

On Wednesday, we informed you that Eric Holder’s Department of Justice had fined a catering/restaurant-management company more than $20k because they asked employees to verify their citizenship and residency statuses.

We received an outpour of comments by email and on our social media pages with readers expressing their disbelief that this story could be true. At first, we were just as skeptical. Federal law does prohibit businesses from employing illegal aliens, but the DOJ is using a little-known aspect of the law to punish companies for doing “more than what’s necessary” to check applicants’ and employees’ immigration status.

It is illegal to hire an illegal alien… But thanks to Eric Holder’s DOJ, it is now illegal for businesses to check whether they are hiring someone in the country illegally… And now, the United States just signed an agreement pledging to punish any business that ‘improperly’ fires an illegal alien!...
Old 07-15-2015, 04:52 PM   #2
fitz
yea, I'm a prick, so what

Re: Immigration

Ok, let's restart this thread. Libertarians, explain your "open border" view. What is the argument for "open borders"?

Being called a traitor by the Republican establishment is a badge of honor. It's like a toothless meth-addled hooker shouting, "You don't know what you're missing!" as you just walk by. Move enough Mexicans into California, you don't make them Californians, you turn California into Mexico.

fitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 08:19 PM   #3
carrasco

That's your president, democratically chosen- keep crying your river!

I live for days like these!
carrasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 08:48 PM   #4
fitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrasco View Post
That's your president, democratically chosen- keep crying your river!
And your explanation or articulation of the open border question is?....last time I checked, the prez is not libertarian.
I am not crying.
I just need the Libertarian view of open borders.

Being called a traitor by the Republican establishment is a badge of honor. It's like a toothless meth-addled hooker shouting, "You don't know what you're missing!" as you just walk by. Move enough Mexicans into California, you don't make them Californians, you turn California into Mexico.

Last edited by fitz; 07-15-2015 at 08:53 PM. Reason: added more
Old 07-15-2015, 09:00 PM   #5
Marcus

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitz View Post
Ok, let's restart this thread. Libertarians, explain your "open border" view. What is the argument for "open borders"?
You're a curious one. I'm currently pretty much in line with Dr. Paul's stance.
The one caveat I iterated in an earlier question still stands...I'm uneasy due to how many enemies our corrupt sociopaths and foreign policy has produced. We have no such problems w/ our Northern porous border though....so?? Does it really matter then? IDK, it's a rather complex issue. The one thing that I do know is that if our fed gov't weren't such aholes we wouldn't be that concerned.
Old 07-16-2015, 12:26 AM   #6
carrasco

Quote:
And your explanation or articulation of the open border question is?....last time I checked, the prez is not libertarian.
I am not crying.
I just need the Libertarian view of open borders.
Ok, here is my articulation of the original claim "Eric Holder’s Department of Justice had fined a catering/restaurant-management company more than $20k because they asked employees to verify their citizenship and residency statuses."
The catering/restaurant management company owner is probably full of crap about the circumstances and nature of the fine. the proof is that all the guy had to do is give the employee/applicant the USCIS I-9 form which could be found at:
https://www.google.com/search?q=empl...utf-8&oe=utf-8
should the employee/applicant be unable to fill out the form, don't hire him- there is no need to give an individual an explanation of why he is not being hired.

On the open border issue, I say it would be impossible to do! I am a first generation Mexican and the one thing I remember about Mexico is how many other Mexican want to be here and would actually get here. If there was even a hint that equal rights would be given to illegal aliens as regular or naturalized citizens, Mexico would lose 80% of their population.

Therefore, let this thread die and argue on a more credible claim- it amount to a bunch of BS political "the sky is falling."

I live for days like these!
carrasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 12:45 AM   #7
Benny

People entering the country illegally is an issue on its own. What the illegal immigrant has a right to once in the country is a completely different issue. I don't feel it is right to enter illegally, but I also don't feel its right to deny someone employment or education once they live within our society.

There are tons of illegal immigrants trying to work and get an education, and they are not going back to where they came from. Should they just default to crime?

Border control is obviously not a perfect system, but can hopefully improve. But as for the people that make it through, I can't help but side with give them the chance to work, pay taxes and educate themselves.
Benny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 08:48 AM   #8
OBLIGATED

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...ovals-to-be-s/

Someone is going to actually follow our laws?Get ready for an IRS audit judge!
Old 07-16-2015, 01:43 PM   #9
OBLIGATED

http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/fjs1112.pdf

Send them back with a bill to their government.They just want jobs gringos wont do!
Old 07-17-2015, 08:51 PM   #10
fitz

Ok, I found something. Very interesting.

Immigration and Libertarianism

Old 07-17-2015, 09:45 PM   #11
Marcus

Quote:

Hmmm....it reads like a bunch of pedantic hubris. I've no opinion one way or the other being I can't decipher the rhetoric even though I've an MSEE. Maybe I'm just dumber than I thought. Please excuse my ignorance.

Edit: I see that the CIA controlled SPLC doesn't like them. That in itself makes me like them more.

Last edited by Marcus; 07-17-2015 at 10:01 PM.
Marcus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 10:51 PM   #12
mepps1

Quote:

What you found is one of the better explanations of how immigration may work under a society organized under libertarian principles.

The way immigration is handled now is an idiotic, chaotic, mess. And it places onerous restrictions on the ability of (ostensibly) free men to conduct their own economic affairs as they see fit.

Disassemble the welfare state, and many of the problems with immigration will go away. Do away with the drug war, and most of the other problems along the border will be finished.

Last edited by mepps1; 07-18-2015 at 12:32 AM.
mepps1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 11:13 PM   #13
Marcus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mepps1 View Post
Disassemble the welfare state, and many of the problems with immigration will go away. Do away with the drug war, and most of the other problems along the border will be finished.
My name is Marcus and I approve of this message.
Old 07-17-2015, 11:42 PM   #14
OBLIGATED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
My name is Marcus and I approve of this message.
I would have to agree tooI wouldnt get rid of programs to help people but I would like to see some changes.
Old 07-18-2015, 12:06 AM   #15
Marcus

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBLIGATED View Post
:I wouldnt get rid of programs to help people.
Why? Do you think the gov't is better at appropriating charity than the private sector? For example, the gov't forces you by violence to give them them the money, pays their henchmen, then redistributes the funds indiscriminately based upon some easily cheated standardized form that meets some basic criteria w/o ever talking to the parasite face to face.
IMO, the direct host should always be able to evaluate the parasite face to face.