Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > General Topics (Non-regional) > Diving Safety, Accidents and Incidents

Diving Safety, Accidents and Incidents Post here to discuss accidents, incidents, ideas, gear, or anything else to improve spearfishing safety. Memorials and condolences threads should be placed in that separate forum.

Old 12-12-2015, 09:13 PM   #1
Alec
Tony Grogan is lame

Exclamation Ear Issues

Hey guys, my right ear after 1-2 days of diving tends to get clogged up and either takes longer to eq than my left or am not able to eq at all. It seems like very bad swimmers ear at first, then I start to have hearing loss in it. Any suggestions rather than visiting an ENT? Going to set that up ASAP.. Thanks
Alec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 12:15 PM   #2
Fishy_Killa
#breakwallmob

Re: Ear Issues

the same shit happened to me earlier this summer, mine was a combo of two ear infections and a sinus infection, straight couldnt hear shit out of my left ear for two weeks. i would just go get it checked out

SpearAmerica.com
Fishy_Killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 01:45 PM   #3
cam3087

I have the same issue that starts about an hour into a dive. I broke my nose years ago that contributes to the issue and I found that its a buildup of mucus that I need to hawk out. Even if it doesn't feel stuffed, mucus seems to come out and clear the problem. This is only one possibility so trial and error then I'd say go to an ENT. Just dont over do it
cam3087 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 07:37 PM   #4
Mighty KC

Mine does that also. Does it hurt? Sounds like an ear infection to me. Be careful, i have been diving for 35 or so years, and i have a great deal of hearing loss, and permanent ringing in my ears. Sure, some of it can be attributed to industrial noise and firearm use, but it is predominantly due to damage from multiple ear infections/injury from freediving.

Oh yes, hearing aids dont help with this type of damage.

I aint going to quit diving though

KC
Mighty KC is offline   Reply With Quote