Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Tournament and Event Archives > 2010 Tournament Archives > 2010 The Blue Wild Expo - June 5-6, 2010

2010 The Blue Wild Expo - June 5-6, 2010 This is a world-class spearfishing event with over 1,000 participants at the Ft. Lauderdale Convention Center.

Old 06-06-2010, 06:39 PM   #16
LunkerBuster
Hungry Fish

Re: WILD, WIld, Wild Blue! Fabulous Fun - Get over here Sunday! See These Photos!

score and a half ben!!! better take good notes at that class brother

Here are some pics I took at the event, just wanted a few with my friends I dont get to see a lot but talk to often...also a lot of fun to put some faces to the screennames

LunkerBuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 10:43 PM   #17
pernicia

Re: WILD, WIld, Wild Blue! Fabulous Fun - Get over here Sunday! See These Photos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunkerBuster View Post
score and a half ben!!! better take good notes at that class brother

Here are some pics I took at the event, just wanted a few with my friends I dont get to see a lot but talk to often...also a lot of fun to put some faces to the screennames
Hey Lunker, I didn't get a chance to talk to you too much, but I was the guy at Tito's booth that took the picture of you, Henry and Tito holding your gun. BTW that's a very nice gun you have.
pernicia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 11:23 PM   #18
LunkerBuster
Hungry Fish

oh nice, good stuff man, nice to add some real people behind the keyboard...makes it a warmer digital experience...we should def be doing some diving too
LunkerBuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 11:36 PM   #19
pernicia

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunkerBuster View Post
oh nice, good stuff man, nice to add some real people behind the keyboard...makes it a warmer digital experience...we should def be doing some diving too
Definitely, we need to get together a hit the water. I had 2 kayaks before, but I traded them for dive gear. My brother goes couple of times a week swimming from shore to the 2nd reef in Johnson St.
pernicia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 07:30 AM   #20
SpearMax
Forum Administrator

Congratulations to Sheri on a great event!

“Live this day as if it will be your last. Remember that you will only find 'tomorrow' on the calendars of fools.”

---- Success Unlimited Author Og Mandino b.1923 - d.1996
SpearMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 09:23 AM   #21
fishingdude
Lost at Sea.....

Send a message via AIM to fishingdude

x2 to what spearmax said! Congrats sheri and thank you for putting on such a great event! I was just commenting to LunkerBuster that you looked so calm for someone who was hosting such a HUGE event! lol Thanks again!!

4-6 is always better than 9-5

Check out my YouTube Channel:
SPEARFISHING VIDEOS
fishingdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 12:27 PM   #22
waterbug
bobbi

Thanks guys for posting up the pics, especially Tony, I know you spent lots of time on that. What a great weekend, huh?? You are right, Sheri does always remain calm under pressure, that's what makes her a champion. Great job Sheri, THANK YOU for giving us all a wonderful weekend and doing so with such charm and dignity. I can't think of anyone else who could possibly bring all of these people together for one event and have it go off without a hitch. You remain my hero.
Old 06-07-2010, 06:44 PM   #23
Chuckitall

I would like to add a big Thanks to Sheri and Bobby for making this weekend very special to Angie (Amazz & Chuckitall). Can't wait till next year.
Chuckitall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 08:38 PM   #24
waterbug
bobbi

And great big thanks to you Chuck and Angie for all of your help on friday night!! And for being my roomies!! Next one will be here before you know it!!!!!
Old 06-09-2010, 06:11 PM   #25
MAKO Spearguns
Sponsor

Thanks Sheri!

I wanted to express my gratitude to Sheri for putting together another very successful Blue Wild Expo. I can’t imagine the amount of work it takes to organize and conduct a multi-day, professional show while relying upon an army of dedicated volunteers. Thanks needs to be extended to everyone who makes this kind of event possible.

It was wonderful to be able to finally meet so many of our customers, many of which we know only as a voice on the telephone. We knew there would be a lot of interest in the prototypes of the enclosed track pipe gun and the completely new, fully enclosed track, hybrid gun, but the excitement these two products generated exceeded our expectations. Thanks Griswald and Tin Man, your work is amazing!

Dano

Dano Krahling
Mako Spearguns
39 McWhirt Loop #103
Fredericksburg, Va. 22406
ph 540-361-1570

http://www.makospearguns.com/

http://www.facebook.com/makospearguns

Proud Supporter of the Fisher House and paws4vets

HIGH PERFORMANCE GEAR - DIRECT FROM MAKO - NO DIVE SHOP MARKUP!
MAKO Spearguns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 07:14 PM   #26
headhunter561
Rob

Thanks Sheri for putting on an event that far exceeded the tremendous success of last year. And you sure throw a hell of a party! At this pace we will need the whole auditorium soon. You must have a LOT of sleep to catch up on. Hope you get to rest. To all the volunteers, thanks for your efforts, it went GREAT!!! I have been in a wheelchair the last 2 years, hopefully I will be walking around next year!.. and able to have a few

Dano, great meeting you in person. I have a feeling you will sell the hell out of the new guns... I am thinking I need to build a hybrid.
headhunter561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 07:20 PM   #27
woodshooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfjf View Post
NO you did not! The show is two days, tomorrow is 10-6, I think it is. Sheri will put out another huge sekection for the Raffle and there are new speakers and presentations as well. It's been great so far!
sorry gentlemen i could not make it if i tried. my work and i are overseas currently.
woodshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 09:28 AM   #28
sacha58

Well it was indeed a great event, we could all see all the effort and fatigue Sheri and her friends did put in organizing it. Applause
and now some well deserved rest and, perhaps, some spearfishing, waiting for next year

www.c4carbon.com
www.palmbeachfreedivers.com
www.flfreedivers.com
www.polosub.com

sacha58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 08:36 PM   #29
Sheri
So Little Time

LunkerBuster, you're a sweetheart, and it was great meeting you. If I was a few decades younger, I'd be chasing you.

Thank you all for thanking me, but it should be me thanking YOU! The fourth annual Expo is now over and what a fun ride that was. My loyal band of volunteers and I were eating dinner after it was all over, totally exhausted, feet hurting, yet basking in the afterglow of another Expo. We handled over 100 exhibitors, 30 speakers, a lobby full of marine artists, two major raffles/live auctions, a film festival, a kick-off party, and over 1,000 attendees coming from as far as Greece, Italy, Australia, Peru, Ecuador, Qatar, and several other places.

Best of all, we had that magic in the air! It seems to occur when ocean lovers from around the world get together and share their passion. As usual, we had some special souls in the place: Stan Waterman, Rob Torelli, Art and Alice Pinder, Dan and Stacey MacMahon, Bob Croft, Del Wren, Daryl Wong, Rob Murphy, Pascal, Carey -- all very special people (I'm sure I'm forgetting a few), but they make it extra special, and it's a privilege just to be around them.

I loved the enthusiasm from the crowd when we did the raffle (specially that first row of guys), and my new helpers Kylie and Hunter were so darn adorable! I'm once again indebted to the volunteers that carried the show....Bobbi (Waterbug), Dan and Stacey MacMahon, Skeeter, Bill Cardet, Dave Earp, Lisa, Colleen, Kyle, Tanner, Stoker, Josh, Chad, Chuck and Angie, Tom and Pat, and the Twin Palms volunteers....couldn't do it without you. They worked their tails off and some don't even know me that well, just being generous, and that is so extremely humbling to me. Same with all the exhibitors, artists, authors....lots of good people and good energy in the room. I love it, and that's what gives me the impetus to do it all over again.

To those that came, some that I met for the first time, some that introduced yourselves -- thank you for coming out, and I hope you enjoyed it. Old friends and new friends -- that's what it's all about!
Sheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 09:03 PM   #30
Sheri
So Little Time

Some of my favorite pics...

How about when Hunter won the polespear?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01558ps1.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	142.0 KB
ID:	129365   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01419ps1.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	135.4 KB
ID:	129366   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01536ps1.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	122.3 KB
ID:	129367   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01547ps1.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	145.1 KB
ID:	129368   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01394ps1.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	129369  

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01570ps1.JPG
Views:	196
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	129370   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01523ps1.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	142.6 KB
ID:	129372   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01511ps1.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	140.0 KB
ID:	129373  

Last edited by Sheri; 06-10-2010 at 09:14 PM.
Sheri is offline   Reply With Quote