Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Spearfishing Gear > All About Guns

All About Guns What's your weapon of choice, and why? Discuss the beloved speargun here!

Old 05-25-2004, 09:23 PM   #31
mushkee
Aguaji Killa...

140cm railgun...damn...I would get a shorter barrell...being a true rear handle gun, its hard to move through the water...i think a 120 cm is all you need, and a 110 if your moves underwater are good..
Old 05-26-2004, 07:19 PM   #32
kmoose
Team Headhunter

Talking Loading update

Well after reviewing all the helpful comments from you all I decided to go down the street to my dads house on the Rainbow river, dawn my banana hamock and try my wet loading. The water temp was a little chilly but not bad. I've got to tell you this beast is alot easier to load in the water.....I said EASIER but still far from easy. There is no way I would use this gun for comercial spearfishing but I can definitely see the advantages for freediving and blue water palagic hunting. I did test fire the gun a couple of times and HOLY S@#T!!! not only is this thing unbelievably fast but incredibly accurate for dragging a leash behind it. Also for a line gun, you can shoot this thing 20' with the stock tether. Why if I wanted to shoot at one of the very abundant 4'+ gar fish on the river it would have been no problem to kill oh lets say 3 of them at 15' to 20' away in a short amount of time. Well like most things in most of my underwater adventures I was greeted by an FWC officer on my swim back to the dock. First he chewed me for not having a dive flag and then he noticed the Bazooka......... "Is that what I think it is!" the officer barked. I replied without hesitation " There is a lot of big gators in this here river and ya should'nt swim out here by yourself without some kind of protection so I bought the biggest speargun I could find!" I handed up the gun to him and and them nervously scanned the water and asked him ifen he had seen any gators recently. He anwsered "No, and it is'nt legal to have one of theses out here!" I said "The nice fella at the dive shop sure did'nt mention that at all officer!" He handed me back the gun and acknoledged the fact it was brand new and told me not to take it out here again..........Sometimes It's quite fun to live here!
Old 05-26-2004, 07:31 PM   #33
Prodigal Son

Moose, you didn't also stick a beer label on your forehead and tell him you're on the patch, did you?
Prodigal Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 11:05 PM   #34
biggsy
No, it's a sachel

Send a message via AIM to biggsy Send a message via Yahoo to biggsy
ROLMAO...the adventures of Moose continue, this is great! I think the FWC Officer was the one on the patch!
Old 05-27-2004, 10:45 AM   #35
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair

Your pops lives on the Rainbow River, eh. Nice! Been camping there many times in my life time. Remember when you were allowed to ski on it. What a feeling looking at the bottom while skiing. Crystal clear water, the bottom going from grass 4' from the surface to blue holes 60' deep and back in a couple of seconds, made your belly fall to your feet then made you want to jump in the air when it came shooting back up at ya. Fond memories of that river...
“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”
― Frederic Bastiat, The Law
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 02:47 PM   #36
kmoose
Team Headhunter

The river was a lot cleaner back then because of the sking and the lack of speed limits. Now there is a lot of stagnet areas that could use a good flushin. The Rainbow is still a beautiful place and I swim there almost daily.
Old 05-27-2004, 03:31 PM   #37
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair

A group of us were on the river, snorkeling, enjoying the cool clear water for the day. Being that your not allowed alcohol or disposable containers on the river, we had a non-disposable container filled with a apple juice/tea and vodka mix and were sipping on it out of non-disposable glasses. We were being very behaved and actually were picking up beer bottles off the bottom (that people threw there so they wouldn't get caught), when the FWC officer comes cruising past. Well...one of the people in the group made a subtle movement to hide his cup and the officer seen it. He stops us, and asks what's in the glasses with which we reply "tea". He says to us "This ain't Mayberry and my name ain't Barney Fife! I'll give you a choice. I can take this substance and run it through my tester right here. If it tests positive, I'm going to charge you each $500 for the violation (6 people I think). Or, you can fess up and I'll give you each a $50 ticket. Not hard to figure our which option I took. I told him of our good samaritan deeds of cleaning up the bottom and showed him the proof but he didn't care. That was an expensive drink. So... let that be a lesson to you all, don't flinch.
“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”
― Frederic Bastiat, The Law
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 08:25 PM   #38
speario

Send a message via ICQ to speario
maybee this can help
good luck with the new gun
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	aar.jpg
Views:	1176
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	8732  
Old 05-27-2004, 09:17 PM   #39
kmoose
Team Headhunter

HAVING FUN

Speed loading multi free shafts can be a requirement in the Gulf of Mexico. Your PM and diagram have helped in the loading of my new gun, thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	aar.jpg
Views:	1107
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	8733  
Old 05-27-2004, 10:49 PM   #40
Red Tide

Kenny,
You ain't right.........but keep on entertaining us. We love it.

G.R.
Old 05-28-2004, 06:43 AM   #41
Spear One
Retired Comm. Shooter

LMAO

Manufactured By: Spearfishing Specialties (727)-548-7686

E-mail: oceanrhino@gmail.com Web: OceanRhino.com
Spear One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 06:52 AM   #42
Don B

I'm busting a gut over this whole thread. "Yous are some funny MOFO's"
Old 06-01-2004, 10:12 AM   #43
Aint Scared Me

Moose - I am LMFAO but what I think you need is a "pussy" notch in the shaft. Put a notch about 1/2 or 2/3 the way back load a band to there. You can catch your breath and move the gun to your chest for the last big push. I have used them on loooong reidel guns (or as the coonasses say - the big big gun)

BTW did you shave all over before putting on the banana hammock - on 2nd though please do not answer that is more than I need to know. But if you did I assume you used the vibrating razor (see the off topic forum for details, sure to be a hit w/ the ladies) - again more info than I needed to know

Cheers Dave
Old 06-01-2004, 10:17 AM   #44
biggsy
No, it's a sachel

Send a message via AIM to biggsy Send a message via Yahoo to biggsy
Quote:
Originally posted by Aint Scared Me
Moose - I am LMFAO but what I think you need is a "pussy" notch in the shaft. Put a notch about 1/2 or 2/3 the way back load a band to there. You can catch your breath and move the gun to your chest for the last big push. I have used them on loooong reidel guns (or as the coonasses say - the big big gun)

BTW did you shave all over before putting on the banana hammock - on 2nd though please do not answer that is more than I need to know. But if you did I assume you used the vibrating razor (see the off topic forum for details, sure to be a hit w/ the ladies) - again more info than I needed to know

Cheers Dave
See Moose's new post where he has pics in his pickle sling! You can look for yourself if he shaved down or not.

http://www.spearboard.com/forum/show...&threadid=9156

Last edited by biggsy; 06-01-2004 at 10:20 AM.
biggsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 10:37 PM   #45
Erik Sun

i haven't read all of the posts but... it's easier to cock underwater.
Erik Sun is offline   Reply With Quote