Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Tournament and Event Archives > 2011 Tournament and Event Archives > 2011 USOA National Championship Tavernier, FL Keys - August 3-4, 2011

2011 USOA National Championship Tavernier, FL Keys - August 3-4, 2011 The Under Water Society of America (USOA) has sanctioned the Miami Freedivers and the Longfins to host this prestigious event.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-12-2011, 07:51 AM   #61
Adelito
Registered User
 
Adelito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 1,049
Re: USOA National Spearfishing Championships 2011

make it official staff@spearfishingnationals.com
__________________
HUNT WITH HONOR
Adelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 08:46 AM   #62
ArtemisGunn
BELOWtheSURFACE
 
ArtemisGunn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Planet-E, anywhere anytime, anyplace
Posts: 290
Re: USOA National Spearfishing Championships 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adelito View Post
You Go Boy!,
__________________
Ocean's your oyster, go find your pearl!

Cheers,

Artemis Gunn


blog.settingsteelspeargear.com

theFRA.org

spearitco.com

Last edited by ArtemisGunn; 07-12-2011 at 08:47 AM. Reason: I mean Presidente
ArtemisGunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 01:26 PM   #63
JAW
Registered User
 
JAW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: transient Floridian
Posts: 743
Re: USOA National Spearfishing Championships 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adelito View Post

I have tried my best to spark interest this year, exceeding advertisement and marketing venues offered in years past, Going on to contact individual competitors nationwide by phone.

For your information, the Number one reason people have opted not to participate is because they say the Florida keys is very hard deep diving, which some people are not comfortable with, or unable to complete because of ability.


What about all the teams that you have been refusing to accept the entry fees and forms of for the past two weeks?
I for one have been working seven days a week and happened to miss the very short window from the time paperwork was finally posted to the "deadline" of July 1st as I was out of the country.
I believe your comment on the matter was something like too bad I guess your screwed.
Where was our phone call or email? you and the other tournament organizers know us personally and have all our contact information and knew that after qualifying at the state championship we intended to submit a bid.

From what I've heard, it sounds like the clubs organizing the tournament have their own share of cheating controversy this year, so you might want to stop throwing those stones....

Lastly Adel, (from someone who knows you and is aware you are a much much calmer and nicer person than you appear on the internet), as a representative of the hosting organization you are making your club and this nationals into a joke, and are putting a bad taste into the mouths of many very talented divers, some that were just entering into competitive spearfishing and others who have been around for awhile.

I hope you guys make the right decision at your meeting tonight and decide to allow those teams still attempting to register to do so. It would be a real shame if you do not allow people who would like to compete to register. I am so frustrated with the organization and attitude of the tournament organizers, that there is no way I will compete in this tournament whatever you guys decide.

I'm sure you are working very hard and have the best intentions, but if you are going to be in a leadership position try not to be so publicly confrontational even when others provoke you on the internet or are blatantly in the wrong.

If you want to chat, call me next week, I'll be out on the boat for the next five or six days, and this is the first time I've been on spearboard in a year or two. It isn't likely I will have the time to check back in.

Good luck with Nationals
JW
__________________
"Why can't the water be more still" Drunk boat driver guy from Palatka


Last edited by JAW; 07-12-2011 at 02:13 PM. Reason: spelling
JAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 02:43 PM   #64
Adelito
Registered User
 
Adelito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 1,049
Re: USOA National Spearfishing Championships 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAW View Post
What about all the teams that you have been refusing to accept the entry fees and forms of for the past two weeks?
I for one have been working seven days a week and happened to miss the very short window from the time paperwork was finally posted to the "deadline" of July 1st as I was out of the country.
I believe your comment on the matter was something like too bad I guess your screwed.
Where was our phone call or email? you and the other tournament organizers know us personally and have all our contact information and knew that after qualifying at the state championship we intended to submit a bid.

From what I've heard, it sounds like the clubs organizing the tournament have their own share of cheating controversy this year so you might want to stop throwing those stones....

Lastly Adele, (from someone who knows you and is aware you are a much much calmer and nicer person than you appear on the internet), as a representative of the hosting organization you are making your club and this nationals into a joke, and are putting a bad taste into the mouths of many very talented divers, some that were just entering into competitive spearfishing and others who have been around for awhile.

I hope you guys make the right decision at your meeting tonight and decide to allow those teams still attempting to register to do so. It would be a real shame if you do not allow people who would like to compete to register. I for one am so frustrated with the organization and attitude of the tournament organizers that there is no way I will compete in this tournament whatever you guys decide.

I'm sure you are working very hard and have the best intentions, but if you are going to be in a leadership position try not to be so publicly confrontational even when others provoke you or are blatantly in the wrong.

If you want to chat, call me next week, I'm going fishing for the next 5 days and this is the first time I've been on spearboard in a year or two and it isn't likely I will have the time to check back in.

Good luck with Nationals
JW
I WILL ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS INSIDE IN BOLD
What about all the teams that you have been refusing to accept the entry fees and forms of for the past two weeks? WE SET A JULY 1 DEADLINE, ONE MONTH BEFORE THE COMPETITION, STANDARD TO ALL NATIONALS OF WHICH I HAVE ATTENDED IN THE LAST 4 YEARS. WE HAVE REFUSED TO ACCEPT THEM BECAUSE THEY ARE LATE AND THAT WOULD NOT BE FAIR TO THE COMPETITORS THAT ARE COMPETENT ENOUGH TO MAKE THE DEADLINES
I for one have been working seven days a week and happened to miss the very short window from the time paperwork was finally posted to the "deadline" of July 1st as I was out of the country. THE PAPERWORK WAS UP FOR OVER A MONTH, AND THERE WAS A EMAIL INFO SECTION TO KEEP THOSE THAT WISH TO BE INFORMED, INFORMED. WHERE WAS YOUR EMAIL? YOU BEING OUT OF THE COUNTRY IS IRRELEVANT, YOU HAD TWO OTHER TEAM MEMBERS, AS WELL AS A CLUB WITH PRESIDENT, VICE PRESIDENT, AND SIX NATIONALS COMPETING MEMBERS. WHY DID THEY NOT INFORM YOU?
I believe your comment on the matter was something like too bad I guess your screwed. SPEAK CLEARLY, WHO DID I SAY THAT TO, AND WHEN DID I SAY IT? SAY NAMES, BE SPECIFIC. IT WILL BE DIFFICULT TO MANUFACTURE BECAUSE IT NEVER HAPPENED.
Where was our phone call or email? ASK YOUR CLUB WHO SENT IN ALL OF THEIR PAPERWORK ONTIME you and the other tournament organizers know us personally and have all our contact information and knew that after qualifying at the state championship we intended to submit a bid. IN ORDER FOR IT TO HAVE BEEN ON TIME, IT NEEDED TO BE POST DATED JULY1, WE RECEIVED SOME ON THE 7TH,8TH,9TH GIVEN THE DELAYS IN THE POSTAL SERVICE....BUT WE HAD SOME BY JUNE 8TH, AND MOST BY JUNE 25. IT IS NOT FAIR THAT THEY NEEDED TO HAVE THINGS IN ACCORDING TO A DEADLINE, WHILE OTHERS BITCH AND COMPLAIN THAT THEY DEMAND TO BE ALLOWED IN LATE.

From what I've heard, it sounds like the clubs organizing the tournament have their own share of cheating controversy this year so you might want to stop throwing those stones....I AM NOT THROWING STONES, STATING FACTS, IF YOU WANT TO STATE SOME FACTS ABOUT TOURNAMENTS YOU NEVER WENT TO, AND ABOUT CLUBS YOUR NOT A PART OF , GO AHEAD. AGAIN NAME NAMES, DONT BE SHY. I AM PROUD OF EVERYTHING I HAVE DONE THIS YEAR AS PRESIDENT, AND I HAVE WORKED MY ASS OFF TO HAVE COMPETITIONS READY, AND HELP PLAN THE NATIONALS AS BEST AS I CAN.

Lastly Adele, (from someone who knows you and is aware you are a much much calmer and nicer person than you appear on the internet), as a representative of the hosting organization you are making your club and this nationals into a joke, and are putting a bad taste into the mouths of many very talented divers, some that were just entering into competitive spearfishing and others who have been around for awhile. [B]IF THEY HAVE BEEN AROUND FOR A WHILE, THEN THEY KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT, AND WHAT TO DO. THE FUNNY THING IS THE ONLY TEAM WITH REAL ROOKIES IS SOUTH FLORIDA FREEDIVERS, AND THEY HAD ALL OF THERE 6 TEAMS PAPERWORK READY, AND IN ON TIME, IS IT FAIR TO THEM TO LET ANYONE ELSE IN TWO WEEKS AFTER A DEADLINE? THIS ISNT A MONEY TOURNAMENT, WE ARE ACTUALLY TRYING OUR BEST TO BREAK EVEN, AND BOTH MYSELF AND THE LONGFINS HAVE FRONTED MONEY TO COVER EXPENSES. [/b]

I hope you guys make the right decision at your meeting tonight and decide to allow those teams still attempting to register to do so.OBVIOUSLY SOMEONE IS LEAKING YOU INFORMATION, AND THIS IS PLANNED ATTACK ON YOUR PART, BECAUSE THAT MEETING WAS JUST RESCHEDULED YESTERDAY,ITS ONE OF MORE THAN A DOZEN MONTHLY MEETINGS THAT HAVE GONE ON, EACH MONTH INCREASING THE WORKLOAD MORE AND MORE It would be a real shame if you do not allow people who would like to compete to register.YOU COULD HAVE REGISTERED SINCE APRIL 15 WHEN YOU QUALIFIED TO REGISTER, WHY DIDN'T YOU? I for one am so frustrated with the organization and attitude of the tournament organizers that there is no way I will compete in this tournament whatever you guys decide.

I'm sure you are working very hard and have the best intentions, but if you are going to be in a leadership position try not to be so publicly confrontational even when others provoke you or are blatantly in the wrong.THERE IS NO OTHER WAY AROUND IT, I RATHER DO IT THIS WAY, THAN BE POLITICAL AND WASTE MY TIME. PEOPLE LIKE TO PUSH, BUT ASK WHY WHEN THEY GET PUSHED BACK. I AM STRAIGHTFORWARD GUY, NOT GOING AROUND THINGS, IT IS WHAT IT IS.

If you want to chat, call me next week, I'm going fishing for the next 5 days and this is the first time I've been on spearboard in a year or two and it isn't likely I will have the time to check back in.

Good luck with Nationals


I UNDERSTAND YOUR POSITION, BUT THERE ARE MORE TEAMS ENTERED THAN THERE IS WANTING TO ENTER. IT IS IN NO WAY FAIR FOR THOSE TEAMS TO HAVE TO LET ANYONE ELSE IN. IF WE EXTEND THE REGISTRATION WHEN WILL IT STOP? PEOPLE WILL WANT TO SIGN THE MORNING OF THE TOURNAMENT, AND THATS NOT FAIR TO BOTH THE LONGFINS AND THE MIAMI FREEDIVERS WHO ARE PUTTING IN THE HARD WORK TO MAKE THIS EVENT POSSIBLE. THE REASON WE SET JULY 1 AS A DEADLINE WAS TO GIVE SUFFICIENT TIME FOR THE PLANNING OF THE PERIPHERAL EVENTS OF THE COMPETITION, AND TO BE ABLE TO BUILD THE WEIGH IN DATABASE FOR ALL THE COMPETITORS. WE ARE DOING AT LEAST TWO MONTHS WORTH OF WORK, IN UNDER 3 WEEKS TO HAVE EVERYTHING SET .

AFTER BEING PISSED OFF ABOUT LAST YEAR, I SET OUT TO MAKE THIS NATIONALS GREAT. FOR ALMOST A YEAR WE HAVE BEEN CHASING SPONSORS UPDATING WEBSITES, CONTACTING PEOPLE INVOLVED IN VARIOUS CAPACITIES, AND DOING THE GRUNT/ LEG WORK THAT HAS TAKEN AWAY ALMOST ALL OF OUR PERSONAL TIME. IT HAS BEEN OVER THREE MONTHS NOW THAT I HAVE VISITED THE KEYS FOR ONE REASON OR ANOTHER, EVERY WEEKEND, AND NO ITS NOT SCOUTING.

I STAND BEHIND THE JOB OUR COMMITTEE HAS DONE. WE HAVE WORKED OUR ASSES OFF. IN OUR GROUP PEOPLE HAVE TAKEN TIME AWAY FROM WORK, THEIR KIDS, AND EVEN HAD TO DEAL WITH PERSONAL ILLNESS.

I AM A TOUGH CHARACTER, SO ITS OK, WHOEVER WANTS CAN GO AHEAD AND TAKE SHOTS AT ME.

IF I LET EVERY IN THE COMPETITION HAVE WHAT THEY WANT, AND DO WHAT THEY WANT , THEN THIS WILL BE A JOKE. THAT WHY WE HAVE RULES, DEADLINES, AND LAWS, AND NO ONE IS ABOVE IT.

BUT, IF PEOPLE WOULD HAVE BEEN CAUTIOUS ENOUGH TO DO THINGS RIGHT, AND ONTIME,WE WOULD NOT BE HAVING THIS DISCUSSION.SIMPLE AS THAT.
__________________
HUNT WITH HONOR
Adelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 09:14 PM   #65
extremediver
speedy
 
extremediver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: davie fl.
Posts: 205
Re: USOA National Spearfishing Championships 2011

as the founder of the lonfins club and competed in the nationals 1999 in the keys to last comp. in ft lauderdale fl. where i started the club.the clubs that hosted nationals and always aloud late entrys.sometimes comps. run late because of wheather there for the teams where not form yet for the nationals.well it seems that the extremedivers club thats has divers that have competed and many nationals like mike heike,john bettua,keaka chan,gerald,jim ,emil,jc, ,myself speedy .are being band from the nationals we have sent are entry fees and were told that we dont have a active website there for we can't compete. last i check we paid are dues to usoa before anybody.we have are best divers being left out and already paid flights.
__________________
http://extremedivers.homestead.com LET LIFE NOT BE MEASURE BY THE NUMBER OF BREATHS WE TAKE, BUT THE MOMENTS THAT TAKE OUR BREATH AWAY !

EXTREMEDIVER FREEDIVING SPEARFISHING CLUB MEMBER
extremediver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 01:14 AM   #66
jfjf
.
 
jfjf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Palm Bch County
Posts: 10,665
Re: USOA National Spearfishing Championships 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adelito View Post
Scott, I appreciate your concern. I understand why your are defending your friends, but your credibility has also been called into question various times in the past.The story of you participation in the Tampa nationals has labeled you as a "legendary cheater" in some peoples opinions. I was not present at the event, so I refuse to take a position based on other peoples opinions, credible or not.

jfjf is a spearboard bully, he makes outrageous comments all the time knowing he is beyond reproach because of his associations. And if memory serves correctly, he was the first to offend me, by placing a picture he may or may not have taken during some participation in a homosexual parade.

I do not go out of my way to offend anyone, nor do I not respond to people who deliberately go after me. I give what I get, and I call apples, apples, and oranges, oranges.

I have tried my best to spark interest this year, exceeding advertisement and marketing venues offered in years past, Going on to contact individual competitors nationwide by phone.

For your information, the Number one reason people have opted not to participate is because they say the Florida keys is very hard deep diving, which some people are not comfortable with, or unable to complete because of ability. The number two reason, its no secret that people aren't making the same money they made before, and there is no such thing a a sure job anymore, so a two week vacation could mean no job after the nationals.

I find it hypocritical that you are speaking of participation, and yet you where the first one to enter the competition?! but ok, I will entertain your comment,

FYI, Did you know that for many years the nationals were held in ONLY California,with less than 10 teams participating?

ALSO, FYI this year will have more participants then last year, so your 12 year theory is busted.

IT IS ALSO VERY INTERESTING THAT YOU PARTICIPATE UNDER A "HOCKEY"CLUB, AND NOT A SPEARFISHING CLUB. I WOULD BE INTERESTED IN YOU REASON SEEING AS HOW YOU NEVER ADVERTISE THE CLUB ON SPEARBOARD, AND MOST PEOPLE NEVER HEARD OF IT. I WOULD LIKE FOR YOU TO ANSWER THIS QUESTION PUBLICLY, SINCE YOU ADDRESSED THIS ISSUE PUBLICLY.

thank you
adelito:

I am hesitant to even respond to this thread. You have made a lot of accusations about a lot of people lately.

I had hoped that after last year's "drama" that the honor of being selected as president would motivate you to begin representing yourself in a professional and dignified manner, (well at least when serving in your "official capacity").

Unfortunately my hopes in this regard have not yet been realized.

I think that it would be fair to invite any of those interested to read the previous thread which has been referenced by you and others in order to formulate their own opinion on the issues discussed.

http://spearboard.com/showthread.php?t=109700
jfjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 08:35 AM   #67
Adelito
Registered User
 
Adelito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 1,049
Re: USOA National Spearfishing Championships 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfjf View Post
adelito:

I am hesitant to even respond to this thread. You have made a lot of accusations about a lot of people lately.

I had hoped that after last year's "drama" that the honor of being selected as president would motivate you to begin representing yourself in a professional and dignified manner, (well at least when serving in your "official capacity").

Unfortunately my hopes in this regard have not yet been realized.

I think that it would be fair to invite any of those interested to read the previous thread which has been referenced by you and others in order to formulate their own opinion on the issues discussed.

http://spearboard.com/showthread.php?t=109700

Gentlemen, this entire thread at this point is a dead issue.

If you think I am embarrassed because of the statements I made in this thread, and threads previous you are wrong. I stand behind what I say, and if anything at all, the threads you are referring to would demonstrate my eagerness to conduct a strict, well structured, and transparent competition.

Notice, that when discussing an argument I only state facts, and not suggestion, or hear say. Which unfortunately, members of the board may not be completely aware of, and could be confusing or misleading, but facts are still facts.

I am confident that this years national will speak for itself.
__________________
HUNT WITH HONOR
Adelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 02:08 PM   #68
Hat-Nasty
The Snapper Zapper
 
Hat-Nasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: West Plam Beach
Age: 40
Posts: 1,058
Re: USOA National Spearfishing Championships 2011

I must say that from the perspective of a first time participant in Nationals this entire thread has reduced my enthusiasm for the entire event. What started out as sincere discussion of the rules has devolved into something on par with an afternoon soap opera.

I for one would like to get things back on the right track. Hopefully we can all start that now.

Questions for the Tournament Committee members:
I sent an e-mail with some questions about rules well over a month ago and have not received a response. Should I assume that I need to bring any questions regarding hunting area, eligible fish, and speed limits to the captain’s meeting in August?
And just to give some fun facts. Would you mind posting the number of men’s teams are now officially competing and what clubs are being represented? And please do the same for the mixed teams. I have been on the website and I have seen the scrolling list of names, but I’m curious to know how many teams have entered and where all of the competitors are from.

Thank you
__________________
Will

Will Sea Fishing Team
koahspearguns.com
Team Hypnautical
Pronounced - "Hia-nau-tic-ka"
Wong Spearguns


www.Palmbeachfreedivers.com
Hat-Nasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 02:28 PM   #69
Adelito
Registered User
 
Adelito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 1,049
Re: USOA National Spearfishing Championships 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hat-Nasty View Post
I must say that from the perspective of a first time participant in Nationals this entire thread has reduced my enthusiasm for the entire event. What started out as sincere discussion of the rules has devolved into something on par with an afternoon soap opera.

I for one would like to get things back on the right track. Hopefully we can all start that now.

Questions for the Tournament Committee members:
I sent an e-mail with some questions about rules well over a month ago and have not received a response. Should I assume that I need to bring any questions regarding hunting area, eligible fish, and speed limits to the captainís meeting in August?
And just to give some fun facts. Would you mind posting the number of menís teams are now officially competing and what clubs are being represented? And please do the same for the mixed teams. I have been on the website and I have seen the scrolling list of names, but Iím curious to know how many teams have entered and where all of the competitors are from.

Thank you
Thank you for your participation, and I am sorry for the tangent this thread has taken. As for any questions or concerns, did you contact the site? In any case if you would like a quicker response p.m. your phone #, and I will personally give you a call. Thank you again for your response, and your participation.
__________________
HUNT WITH HONOR
Adelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 02:44 PM   #70
Adelito
Registered User
 
Adelito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 1,049
Re: USOA National Spearfishing Championships 2011

Looking back into my messages, I am the one at fault. As you can imagine I have been swamped, but in anycase, contact me, I will give you a call.
__________________
HUNT WITH HONOR
Adelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 11:37 PM   #71
jfjf
.
 
jfjf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Palm Bch County
Posts: 10,665
Re: USOA National Spearfishing Championships 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adelito View Post
Gentlemen, this entire thread at this point is a dead issue.

If you think I am embarrassed because of the statements I made in this thread, and threads previous you are wrong. I stand behind what I say, and if anything at all, the threads you are referring to would demonstrate...... .
Are the members of your club equally supportive of their president's derogatory comments about the winner of last year's competition, the comments about last year's tournament director and some of the other outrageous accusations you've made over the last 12 months about National competitions?
jfjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 04:13 AM   #72
Adelito
Registered User
 
Adelito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 1,049
Re: USOA National Spearfishing Championships 2011

I am not answering anymore stupid questions.

Dive safe
__________________
HUNT WITH HONOR
Adelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 09:18 AM   #73
dennishaussler
Registered User
 
dennishaussler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 811
Re: USOA National Spearfishing Championships 2011

I just came into this thread, having been in mexico for that last 8 day, with more to go.
After speaking with Carol, and reviewing the standardized rules, heres what I have.
ARTICLE III - SOCIETY SANCTIONED COMPETITION

Proposals for Society sanctioned competitions (five copies) shall be submitted to the appropriate Competitive Director, with one copy to the Society's mailing address, as early in the competitive year as possible. The Competitive Director, with approval of the Executive Committee, may approve such proposals which are in the best interest of the Society. Proposals for National competitions must in addition to the following meet the requirements of section 7. A proposal for a Society sanctioned competition shall address the following:

a. The date(s), times(s) and location(s) of the competition and its individual events, required meetings, awards presentations, etc. The location of the competition's headquarters and the date, time and place of the Competitors' Briefing shall be included in the proposal.

b. The entry deadline shall be specified. It shall not be more than three weeks prior to the competition, and must be completed no later than one hour prior to the Competitors' Briefing.

I hope this resolves this issue, and everyone can get back to preparing for the nationals. I will be in mexico until the 22nd, so will be out of phone contact. I look forward to seeing you all in florida for the love fest!!!!
__________________
Dennis Haussler

120 ft
Cause its a long way up,,,,,,,,
dennishaussler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 09:42 AM   #74
SpearMax
Forum Administrator
 
SpearMax's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Florida USA
Posts: 16,440
Smile Re: USOA National Spearfishing Championships 2011

Hi Dennis, please check your PMs about this. Thanks, Tony

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennishaussler View Post
I just came into this thread, having been in mexico for that last 8 day, with more to go.
After speaking with Carol, and reviewing the standardized rules, heres what I have.
ARTICLE III - SOCIETY SANCTIONED COMPETITION

Proposals for Society sanctioned competitions (five copies) shall be submitted to the appropriate Competitive Director, with one copy to the Society's mailing address, as early in the competitive year as possible. The Competitive Director, with approval of the Executive Committee, may approve such proposals which are in the best interest of the Society. Proposals for National competitions must in addition to the following meet the requirements of section 7. A proposal for a Society sanctioned competition shall address the following:

a. The date(s), times(s) and location(s) of the competition and its individual events, required meetings, awards presentations, etc. The location of the competition's headquarters and the date, time and place of the Competitors' Briefing shall be included in the proposal.

b. The entry deadline shall be specified. It shall not be more than three weeks prior to the competition, and must be completed no later than one hour prior to the Competitors' Briefing.

I hope this resolves this issue, and everyone can get back to preparing for the nationals. I will be in mexico until the 22nd, so will be out of phone contact. I look forward to seeing you all in florida for the love fest!!!!
__________________
"Spearing is the path to enlightenment." --- Lao Tzu

ďLive this day as if it will be your last. Remember that you will only find 'tomorrow' on the calendars of fools.Ē

---- Success Unlimited Author Og Mandino b.1923 - d.1996
SpearMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 12:12 PM   #75
Leo Ramos
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Miami,Fl
Posts: 5
Re: USOA National Spearfishing Championships 2011

To whom may concern,
The US Nationals entry deadline has been rescheduled to July 20, 2011.
All who want to compete must comply with the above date.

Good Luck,
Leo Ramos
Leo Ramos is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:04 PM.


The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Social Media Forum Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2002 - 2014 Spearboard.com