Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > California Spearfishing

California Spearfishing Talk here about spearfishing on California's Pacific Coast, and post those reports and photos!

Old 02-09-2010, 10:59 PM   #16
zenspearo

Re: Free divers! Space on Cedros 6-day, June 11-17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Ballew View Post
since Cedros is further south, there are more varieties and bigger fish...Benitos can be a cold, rough dive under some conditions...this year, it should be decent with all the El Nino temps...don't think there are any grouper at Benitos...also, you have a better chance of encountering tuna and dorado off Cedros if the water is warm..As I recall, Cedros is about a 33 hour run from San Diego and is roughly 60 miles off the Baja coast...due to the 30 lb plus size of many of the yellowtail, I suggest taking a stout graphite rod, a reel with 30# test and some Salas 6x jigs in blu/white, dorado, all white and chocolate mint...the new light green mint color works well also...that way, if the diving is bad, you can have a blast catching monster calicos, yellows and perhaps, one of those 100 lb grouper or big halibut lurking there...

You may be thinking of Guadalupe Bob.

Benitos is about 20 miles west of Cedros.

Please generalize the LOCATION/TIME of your spearing reports.
zenspearo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 01:19 AM   #17
Bob Ballew

guess I should look at my maps in my old age....
Bob Ballew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 10:45 AM   #18
PAL

Last call - we need 3 more by Saturday or we'll shelve this bad boy until 2011 edition.
Old 02-14-2010, 10:38 PM   #19
PAL

Good news! Cedros 2010 isn't full, but we've gotten enough on board to keep our dates open for at least another couple weeks. At the moment we've got space for 4. Join us! Cedros has to be seen to be believed, its that good!