Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Spearfishing Gear > All About Guns

All About Guns What's your weapon of choice, and why? Discuss the beloved speargun here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-10-2017, 05:28 PM   #196
Freshy
Registered User
 
Freshy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 943
Re: Pathos 125 Sniper....A new Gun...a whole new build...pics heavy...

kwtony, is the pathos dangelo 3 trigger mech a direct replacement for the dangelo 2 handle? Is the only thing that changed the modification to the sear or is it a completely different mech?
Freshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 06:02 AM   #197
kwtony
Snorkel Master
 
kwtony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Lower Keys
Posts: 5,588
Re: Pathos 125 Sniper....A new Gun...a whole new build...pics heavy...

Yes it is a direct replacement. Call uncle petros about the new mechs he has in stock!!! I just ordered a few myself for Sixto Limo wahoo gun that im rebuilding
__________________
IG @kw.tony
kwtony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 09:58 PM   #198
Diver278
Registered User
 
Diver278's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: San Diego,Ca / Dapitan, PI
Posts: 369
Re: Pathos 125 Sniper....A new Gun...a whole new build...pics heavy...

Wow guess I'll never get to see any pictures on here. Photobucket wants $400.00 to update to the p500. I wish you could post pics a different way.
Diver278 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 10:10 PM   #199
kavachi
the deeper the blue.....
 
kavachi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: South Pacific
Posts: 344
Re: Pathos 125 Sniper....A new Gun...a whole new build...pics heavy...

just upload pics using the attachment function, and they show up as clickable or mouseover thumbnails. And in the process make threads a lot quicker to scroll thru

Last edited by kavachi; 08-27-2017 at 10:24 PM.
kavachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 03:10 AM   #200
spearq8
Registered User
 
spearq8's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,965
Re: Pathos 125 Sniper....A new Gun...a whole new build...pics heavy...

Yeah ... Photobucket was pretty bad for doing what they did. It is too bad as there were some really nice pix in there. I also did a mod to the Sniper to make it open track. For sure open track is better than the first version of the gun that came with a very tight ET. I heard there is newer version with a much larger diameter ET ... so that might be better for heavier shafts if you want to go the ET route. Personally I think ET should only to be used in specific conditions where the ET trumps any disadvantages you might get in performance.

You can see my tests on how the gun performed before and then after removing the ET.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c13nRS9bFTo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q08wOf7ZoMU
spearq8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 07:24 PM   #201
Diver278
Registered User
 
Diver278's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: San Diego,Ca / Dapitan, PI
Posts: 369
Re: Pathos 125 Sniper....A new Gun...a whole new build...pics heavy...

Thanks spearq8. How about the Pathos snipper roller et does it have a larger track?
Diver278 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 04:36 AM   #202
spearq8
Registered User
 
spearq8's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,965
Re: Pathos 125 Sniper....A new Gun...a whole new build...pics heavy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver278 View Post
Thanks spearq8. How about the Pathos snipper roller et does it have a larger track?
Really have no idea. The Pathos Sniper was a fun project, but really haven't followed up on developments there.
spearq8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 10:38 PM   #203
Diver278
Registered User
 
Diver278's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: San Diego,Ca / Dapitan, PI
Posts: 369
Re: Pathos 125 Sniper....A new Gun...a whole new build...pics heavy...

Thanks spearq8 guess I'll have to check with LDS and see if there is any changes in them.
Diver278 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 01:02 PM   #204
z1taz
Blue Water Killer
 
z1taz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: French Polynesia
Posts: 1,273
Send a message via Skype™ to z1taz
Re: Pathos 125 Sniper....A new Gun...a whole new build...pics heavy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by spearq8 View Post
Really have no idea. The Pathos Sniper was a fun project, but really haven't followed up on developments there.
i think they did watch carefully your tests and conclued as you were not able to load properly and easily the gun as i is sold from factory , to sell same gun but a special newbyes model with a 14 mm longer band on instead from the 16 mm red/black rubber that a normal spearo would never have trouble to load normally , so some beginners as you would be able to load without being need of having pain and being breathless from the pure effort that had to be made to achieve such an hard mission !

in fact you remind me of people of your style in my country , Who makes wood spearguns and pretend to teach things they know nothing except to make videos in where cuts to the editing are visible to avoid that one can see their defects and losses of their fishes due to their lacks of knowledge ; but as the numerous normal not spearos watching this and do not understand as they are normal people ( not even spearos ) they believe in those shits and trust those idiots .
z1taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 01:25 PM   #205
Diving Gecko
Shooter & Shooter
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 650
Re: Pathos 125 Sniper....A new Gun...a whole new build...pics heavy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by z1taz View Post
i think they did watch carefully your tests and conclued as you were not able to load properly and easily the gun as i is sold from factory , to sell same gun but a special newbyes model with a 14 mm longer band on instead from the 16 mm red/black rubber that a normal spearo would never have trouble to load normally , so some beginners as you would be able to load without being need of having pain and being breathless from the pure effort that had to be made to achieve such an hard mission !

in fact you remind me of people of your style in my country , Who makes wood spearguns and pretend to teach things they know nothing except to make videos in where cuts to the editing are visible to avoid that one can see their defects and losses of their fishes due to their lacks of knowledge ; but as the numerous normal not spearos watching this and do not understand as they are normal people ( not even spearos ) they believe in those shits and trust those idiots .
Since you are here, I have a few questions for you if you don't mind. In your acclaimed spearing business is it your style to talk rubbish all the time, too? Do the people you partner with do it, too or is it only you? I mean, if someone pays good money to go on your trips is there a guarantee they wont be insulted? Will you ridicule your guests or does your demeanor change with the amount you get paid?
I am genuinely curious as to whether you just behave like this online or in real life, too?

As for whether Majd can load bands or not, you are wrong (as I stated in another post, I have seen proof of that), but you don't listen so I don't expect you to come around on that point or actually answer the above.
Diving Gecko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 02:11 PM   #206
z1taz
Blue Water Killer
 
z1taz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: French Polynesia
Posts: 1,273
Send a message via Skype™ to z1taz
Re: Pathos 125 Sniper....A new Gun...a whole new build...pics heavy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diving Gecko View Post
Since you are here, I have a few questions for you if you don't mind. In your acclaimed spearing business is it your style to talk rubbish all the time, too? Do the people you partner with do it, too or is it only you? I mean, if someone pays good money to go on your trips is there a guarantee they wont be insulted? Will you ridicule your guests or does your demeanor change with the amount you get paid?
I am genuinely curious as to whether you just behave like this online or in real life, too?

As for whether Majd can load bands or not, you are wrong (as I stated in another post, I have seen proof of that), but you don't listen so I don't expect you to come around on that point or actually answer the above.

no it is only me , and do not worry when or if i have to say something to some one who ever he is , i do it ! and to up to date your info about this " business " i am out from this myself since few years already so nobody will have to be facing me my rubbish talking .
about to qualifie some as newbye and point the facts they are bla bla bla useless person that is not even able to load properly a speargun he shows in videos , is exactly what i said before , some believe in , what do i care if they believe , and where is an insult to point this fact? the insult is more on to show stupid things and trying to argue how to , what to when you do not even know how to yrself !!!

yes it might be surprising for some , even if i am involved in any business , i will not lick your ass because it is a business .
z1taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 02:17 PM   #207
Diving Gecko
Shooter & Shooter
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 650
Re: Pathos 125 Sniper....A new Gun...a whole new build...pics heavy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by z1taz View Post
no it is only me , and do not worry when or if i have to say something to some one who ever he is , i do it ! and to up to date your info about this " business " i am out from this myself since few years already so nobody will have to be facing me my rubbish talking .
about to qualifie some as newbye and point the facts they are bla bla bla useless person that is not even able to load properly a speargun he shows in videos , is exactly what i said before , some believe in , what do i care if they believe , and where is an insult to point this fact? the insult is more on to show stupid things and trying to argue how to , what to when you do not even know how to yrself !!!

yes it might be surprising for some , even if i am involved in any business , i will not lick your ass because it is a business .
Thanks a lot for your reply in regards to the business. That's actually very good to know, much appreciated.

As for what is fact in and what is not in terms of the whole loading issue, then I'll regard what I have seen on an unpublished video as fact and yours as "alternative facts";-)

Cheers and all best,
David
Diving Gecko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 11:33 PM   #208
2fishin2
Pacific Spearo
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 57
Posts: 3,211
Re: Pathos 125 Sniper....A new Gun...a whole new build...pics heavy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diving Gecko View Post
Thanks a lot for your reply in regards to the business. That's actually very good to know, much appreciated.

As for what is fact in and what is not in terms of the whole loading issue, then I'll regard what I have seen on an unpublished video as fact and yours as "alternative facts";-)

Cheers and all best,
David

You are too nice
2fishin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 11:46 PM   #209
2fishin2
Pacific Spearo
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 57
Posts: 3,211
Re: Pathos 125 Sniper....A new Gun...a whole new build...pics heavy...

z1taz, Marco,

I've been known to speak up a time or two, sometimes warranted sometimes not. Lord knows I've let people know what I'm thinking. Most of the time its more tongue in cheek vs real flaming. There has only been 2 people that I meant the flaming for. They deserved it for trying to rip me off for money or spearguns rest, just banter.

Most of us don't understand you. Out of the blue you come on old posts just to throw shit on it and basically say none of us know what we are doing but, you and your buddy G.

Why you would alienate such a big group of possible customers for your business by calling us names and such is beyond most of our comprehension????

I think you are totally off base and incorrect in your opinions. But, that is my opinion.

Recently in a thread I told Jon the shut the **** up. It was meant in friendly banter concerning a thread. He constantly is here on the forum giving others advice and makes beautiful guns.

What have you done here? You don't make guns, you don't offer advice and you basically share poop. You really don't need to respond, everybody know the answer....

This is for you, seriously.

Shut the **** Up!
2fishin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 05:20 AM   #210
spearq8
Registered User
 
spearq8's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,965
Re: Pathos 125 Sniper....A new Gun...a whole new build...pics heavy...

@zz I have to admit it is hard to understand what you are posting, but I guess you don't like how I load band or just don't think I can load bands. My guess is that is from a Pathos test I did where I couldn't get the wishbone to hold on the rest tab as the first band was too thick and was not allowing the second band wishbone to reach the rest tab ... this meant that I had to chest load which I then did. I hate chest loading and will avoid it as much as possible. I later found out that I could reach the rest tab by pushing down the wishbone to force the band down and get to the rest tab. In my test I just keep the camera rolling ... it is a test ... not an advertisement for Pathos ... so I am not going to cherry pick parts that are good or edit out parts that are bad. I actually find that amusing as I consider my loading technique to be quite good ... I assure you I can load bands that would cause you a double hernia. But really ... why are you so obsessed with me or how I load my bands ... or that I don't have fish in my pool? Are things so bad that you have nothing better to do??

I am really am pissed off at one thing. When in another post you were described as "world renowned super experienced world class blue water spearhunter and expert gun builder" ... or something like that. I mean I don't mind that part ... but shit ... I was drinking my morning coffee and ended up spilling my coffee as I burst out laughing. It took me a long time to clean up my keyboard and the keys are still sticky. But that is another story and if my videos or posts bother you so much ... why just not skip them? And while you are at it ... just take it easy on the bottle ... too much of a good thing can be a bad thing.
spearq8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:35 AM.


The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Social Media Forum Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2002 - 2014 Spearboard.com