Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > California Spearfishing

California Spearfishing Talk here about spearfishing on California's Pacific Coast, and post those reports and photos!

Old 07-19-2009, 08:02 PM   #16
diverlb

Thumbs up Re: Past baja travelogs. Random stories from past spearing trips

A great adventure! Keep sharing.
Old 07-19-2009, 08:29 PM   #17
MiguelT
thbtbtbtbbtt

Re: Past baja travelogs. Random stories from past spearing trips

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenspearo View Post
The music began. World's Greatest Love Songs, followed by Air Supply, followed by Sax for Lovers, mixed in with Whitney Houston and oh crap, it's Michael Bolton. Oh Lord, please. Not that guy. For the love of god, not Michael Bolton. Already, I felt choked by the estrogen in the air.

Can't wait to read more of these Joe, keep them coming!
Old 07-19-2009, 08:35 PM   #18
Icarus Pacific
No Cal

Re: Past baja travelogs. Random stories from past spearing trips

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenspearo View Post

But ten minutes passed and oh no, she walked back with another inspector whom I figure to be her boss, and oh crap, it's another woman. This one was twice the size of the previous one, and the previous one was already nearly twice my size. As much as I tried to resist, I felt the pull of gravity as they approached. The two of them ganged up on me, blocking out most of my peripheral vision, and the supervisor actually spoke some English. She jabbed her fat fingers at the paperwork, pointing out that the trailer was not registered in my name and said I can't enter Mexico with it. Have to return to the US to register the trailer, sorry senor. Crap. I tried to explain that the Mexican consulate said it's legal to enter with the Bill of Sale and the Title if the trailer is recently acquired. That was beyond her English, and I think the sight of my can of coke and slice of pie triggered her "snack-time" alert. She shrugged, handed the paperwork back, and headed back to her office, no doubt for some pork rinds or something equally nutritious.
Joe, I'm fricking in tears, that's so damn beautiful!!
Icarus Pacific is offline   Reply With Quote