Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > International Section > Australia, New Zealand & Indo-Pacific

Australia, New Zealand & Indo-Pacific Post your shooting reports and other stuff from Down Under and beyond

Old 11-14-2010, 06:38 AM   #1
narcosis

Diving Near Singapore

I am from Texas, and mostly spearfish on tanks around the rigs, but also shoot pelagics while freediving.

Right now I am in Singapore on business and may have a couple of days free at the end of my trip. I'd love to get a dive trip in. I'm willing to hop on a plane to fly anywhere nearby, since it may be never that i get back to se asia. and, I don't have my gear here, so it would have to be a turnkey outfitter.

If you were me, where would you go?

and

any ideas re guides or outfitters.

i'd stay in singapore, go to thailand or bali, or wherever it might be good diving...if i could mix it in with cool nightlife or other cool travel, etc, that would be awesome.

narcosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 05:58 PM   #2
Kaimana

Re: Diving Near Singapore

I've met some dive instructors from Singapore here in Bali and I've asked them where they dive up there. They said, depending on the season, they go up to Malaysia on the east coast. You can Also try Bintan Island. It's an Indonesian resort island off the coast and it's easily accessible. I've also flown over Batam and I've seen good water and there are hundreds of little islands to explore. Another Indonesian Island maybe worth checking out. It's a booming free trade zone and has lots of industrial complexes as well as some resorts. It's a weekend get away for Sing and has good night life. You can take a ferry over for about $20. Basically the farther away you get from Sing the better the dive quality. That instructor also mentioned they come down to Bali a lot to dive. It's a 2.5 hour flight. Good diving here on the north part of the island.

http://www.dive-centers.net/dive_sho...gapore-69.html
http://www.kapalselam.org/dive_site/bintan_island/
Kaimana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 02:16 AM   #3
Mulloway
Certified Muffdiver

Send a message via ICQ to Mulloway Send a message via MSN to Mulloway

hi, i'm from singapore. its the monsoon season here right now so the east coast of malaysia is out of the question. you can fly to phuket or langkawi for a short dive trip. i would give bintan a miss unless you want to veg out in the resort. the visibility is 2m tops. how long will you be here? we might be doing a fishing and spearing trip this coming weekend if the weather holds up. strictly on a cost sharing basis. drop me a line if you're interested. 90026577 george
Mulloway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 12:53 AM   #4
narcosis

Mulloway,
Thanks. I'll pm you my contact info.
narcosis is offline   Reply With Quote