Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > The Spearboard Tavern > Off Topic Area

Off Topic Area Enjoy a virtual beer at the bar, and talk about anything else on your mind that may not pertain to spearfishing.

Old 03-27-2020, 07:11 PM   #136
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair

Re: Financial/Investments

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemwearit View Post
Back around $4.50/share right now... absolute steal.
Snort...I've been embarrassed by such comments made by me too many times. I'm averaged around 4.75 heavy. Good on ya. Rot's O Ruck!

Alright alright alright....we got strength showing in cohoots with the positive crossing of MACD on the daily scale.
“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”
― Frederic Bastiat, The Law

Last edited by Marcus; 03-30-2020 at 09:45 AM.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 07:45 PM   #137
Marcus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mepps1 View Post
Possible to buy futures and take delivery? If nothing else, it could be the most satisfying means of undermining the paper metals market.

Never tried it, but.......

?
I've never tried to understand that part of the trade enough to be confident in placing one. I'm a simple man in that respect. If you get it figured out let me know. I've read 3 highly recommended books that basically explain herd behavior. I get it...sometimes it still works in tech analysis...but then the corruption distorts the market. Bah.
“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”
Old 03-28-2020, 12:10 PM   #138
fishfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
I've never tried to understand that part of the trade enough to be confident in placing one. I'm a simple man in that respect. If you get it figured out let me know. I've read 3 highly recommended books that basically explain herd behavior. I get it...sometimes it still works in tech analysis...but then the corruption distorts the market. Bah.
I was told it was due to dumping physical to get cash in order to cover margin/positions. Look at the Kitco site NO PHYSICAL silver for sale.
Major houses are buying and not selling........

My .02 cents opinion is silver will be over $22 and gold over $2000 by the end of 2020.
Old 03-30-2020, 09:47 AM   #139
Marcus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mepps1 View Post
Possible to buy futures and take delivery? If nothing else, it could be the most satisfying means of undermining the paper metals market.

Never tried it, but.......

?
From what I'm reading, not anymore. Comex is OUT. They've no gold to deliver. Yep, read that again.
Old 03-30-2020, 10:03 AM   #140
OBLIGATED

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfan View Post
I was told it was due to dumping physical to get cash in order to cover margin/positions. Look at the Kitco site NO PHYSICAL silver for sale.
Major houses are buying and not selling........

My .02 cents opinion is silver will be over $22 and gold over $2000 by the end of 2020.
Nobody seems to have silver unless you let them rape you dry on premiums.There are a few bars that have a skull and crossbones and some poured skulls I wanted for my bar.When it went down below 14 an ounce I figured I would pay the premium and get them anyway.Guess not!
Old 03-30-2020, 10:14 AM   #141
OBLIGATED

Bought a little more Ford and SWPPX.
Wife set my youngest sons account up at Schwab Saturday.If he starts young he can probably be pretty independent financially in 20 years.Wish I had someone to do that for me when I was a kid.
Old 03-30-2020, 03:29 PM   #142
fishfan

I have a buyer looking for Silver Eagles at $21 each.

I'd sell him mine at that to replace it with less expensive bullion but there's none to be had.
Old 03-31-2020, 10:35 AM   #143
OBLIGATED

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN21H39F

May help with stock prices or you could be Found On Road Dead.
Old 04-06-2020, 05:53 PM   #144
Marcus

Gold has powered thru a major resistance and has moved upwards. I'm comfortably in the money on JNUG..but vigilant(18% up day).
Old 04-06-2020, 07:49 PM   #145
Johnoly
Big Time Bug Hunter

Quote:
...I'm comfortably in the money on JNUG......
I thought buying a couple of bitcoins was crazy. But JNUG is 10 times crazy. I might gamble a tiny bit on it just for the shock value of what it might do. I'm still on the sidelines with my shopping list waiting 2 more weeks for earnings reports and then grabbing all the bargains with solid balance sheets that got steam-rolled for no reason.
Old 04-06-2020, 08:10 PM   #146
Marcus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnoly View Post
I thought buying a couple of bitcoins was crazy. But JNUG is 10 times crazy. I might gamble a tiny bit on it just for the shock value of what it might do. I'm still on the sidelines with my shopping list waiting 2 more weeks for earnings reports and then grabbing all the bargains with solid balance sheets that got steam-rolled for no reason.
As mentioned before, this is Vegas money in this one. I owned it at $105 on Feb 24th right before the congress had their closed door meeting on the kungflu response. No insider trading congressional persons have come under prosecution yet.
Nevertheless, I'm sitting with a lot more shares than before the gut wrenching free fall. It's not for the weak hearted. Learned trading skills are somewhat helpful, but when it's rigged...it's all up to your own wits and what you know. For what is worth, it's been showing a lot of strength in the face of a lot of selling. This is just my dumb ass opinion though. I might buy some more if it continues up, dips back down, and shows support.
Old 04-08-2020, 07:13 PM   #147
techwiz44

every little bit helps...
pandemic auto insurance discounts???

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/08/driv...-offering.html

invest your discount?

Protecting the US borders is LAWFULL- not racist.
Fabricating lies and passing it off as news is dishonest and corrupt and not worthy of protection.
techwiz44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 07:31 AM   #148
Marcus

Thanks, tech. I'm going to change my reported miles to work to zero which will lower my premium.
Old 04-11-2020, 09:27 AM   #149
OBLIGATED

Going to throw a few hundred into Ford and SWPPX.Seems like its going to climb out of the hole.Then Im going to TRY to stay away from the market.
Could have had a new T-Top,Simrad and new Remote trolling motor.
Old 04-13-2020, 01:04 PM   #150
Marcus

Quote:
As mentioned before, this is Vegas money in this one. I owned it at $105 on Feb 24th right before the congress had their closed door meeting on the kungflu response. No insider trading congressional persons have come under prosecution yet.
Nevertheless, I'm sitting with a lot more shares than before the gut wrenching free fall. It's not for the weak hearted. Learned trading skills are somewhat helpful, but when it's rigged...it's all up to your own wits and what you know. For what is worth, it's been showing a lot of strength in the face of a lot of selling. This is just my dumb ass opinion though. I might buy some more if it continues up, dips back down, and shows support.
Up ~47% so far. Au is dragging everything up in this space. They've been reluctant but I believe the dissenters will give up soon give up if Au continues up.