Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > General Topics (Non-regional) > General Spearfishing & Diving Discussion

General Spearfishing & Diving Discussion This is where you post to discuss general spearfishing topics that could apply to any region.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-26-2012, 10:18 PM   #46
awthacker

Re: New Omer Enclosed Track Speargun WARNING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eraygunz View Post
I keep seeing this pop up? If more than one person says this is a problem?maybe there is something to it? And if the guy says you have to slam it ,and that guy works for Omer? Makes you wonder? I have always heard great things about the company,let's see how they handle this? And I'll go from there.
Eddie
What are you talking about? You keep seeing this pop up because you keep bumping it up even though you haven't read the thread.

There were two different spearos. Omer offered a complete new handle to the OP and he declined because his gun is working fine now that he understands how the trigger mech works. That was the end of the thread... issue resolved, customer satisfied.

Then 5 months later another spearo, using his gun for the first time, has a similar issue with a similar gun. He posted his concern on the old thread. It appears that Omer replaced his handle/mech and he wrote a thank you note to the company for handling his problem.

Based on the contents of this thread, there is no cause to question how Omer handles defective products or customer concerns. I'd like to buy a reel gun someday and will probably purchase Mako or Omer because both have excellent customer service reputations on this forum.
awthacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 01:11 PM   #47
quay308

Send a message via AIM to quay308 Send a message via MSN to quay308 Send a message via Yahoo to quay308

Awthacker is clearly on OMERs payroll...
quay308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 07:38 AM   #48
quay308

Send a message via AIM to quay308 Send a message via MSN to quay308 Send a message via Yahoo to quay308

Just got my Camo Cayman ET 115cm. Its an awesome gun. Haven't had any misfires, and it loads just as easy as the Rabitech and Mares carbon phantom. I dont have to slam it but I do make sure its secure as I do with my other guns. The only con is the snapswivel that connects the mono to the reel line clanks very loudly against the aluminum barrel. I put heat shrink on it to quiet it up but still pretty loud. Overall its an awesome gun!
quay308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 10:12 PM   #49
croatto

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhip View Post
Took out my 115 ET yesterday for the first time. Yup, it disengaged from the trigger mech upon loading the bands. It must have done this 8 times. Before loading the bands, I made sure the shaft was properly locked into the mech and secured.

I even downsized to 9/16 bands from the stock 5/8

I'm wondering if it's the shaft (improper cut on the notch) or defective trigger mech?

IMO, I believe this gun has very good potential. It just needs some necessary adjustments. Seems to shoot accurate even with the smaller bands.

Contacted the vendor regarding the problem so I'll post an update once a solution has been resolved.
Same problem I m having it is the line release fulcrum clearance you have to ground it down a bit then works fine
croatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 10:14 PM   #50
croatto

Take out line release pivot arm (fulcrum)grind it down a bit then it will work fine had the same problem works great now
croatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 01:11 PM   #51
highslacker

Just got a 75 and even before taking it in the water am noticing the safety is extremely hard to engage/disengage has anyone else had this problem/have a solution for this? I prefer to keep safety on until I see a fish and the amount of effort it takes to disengage the safety could mean losing a fish
highslacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 05:32 PM   #52
vstante

Hi there, just a short Q....

I have a sweet little omer gun. The pin in the mechanism gets jammed sometimes, so I have to take pliers to get it into the right position. Is it normal? It happens sometimes in the Water and it is not very pleasant

https://youtu.be/q0QWdYXvU3g

Have anybody the same experience?
vstante is offline   Reply With Quote