Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > General Topics (Non-regional) > General Freediving Area

General Freediving Area If Apnea Diving rocks your world, talk about it here!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-09-2012, 04:22 AM   #16
alemaozinho

Re: Static apnea time

Thanks for all replies!
alemaozinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 09:45 PM   #17
pennywise666
Diving Mon Tues Wed Thur

The more fish the longer the breath hold. Did 5.30 static. 1-1.45 reg dives after a warm up dive or two. Try 3 sec intakes and 10 sec outtakes to slow your heart down. For as long as you plan to be down.
pennywise666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 12:16 AM   #18
surfandscience

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennywise666 View Post
The more fish the longer the breath hold. Did 5.30 static. 1-1.45 reg dives after a warm up dive or two. Try 3 sec intakes and 10 sec outtakes to slow your heart down. For as long as you plan to be down.
good tip
surfandscience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 12:29 AM   #19
LoGiiCz

Quote:
X2...

I was able to do 5:52 and 5:57 during level II Fii class.. Im 23 y/o and completely out of shape (by that I mean average weight and die after a 2 mile jog). I believe anyone can do it as long as they are relaxed, comfortable in the water, and have a safety buddy they can trust... When I go diving I can easily do 1 min dives, if I have someone spotting me I can go up to 2min..
Old 08-10-2012, 04:57 AM   #20
alemaozinho

good idea pennywise666.
alemaozinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 10:34 AM   #21
Murk_Man'22

mine is 4:01 23yo m hunting depends on how relaxed I am and where Im at shallow depths I can push two minutes deeper water usally consist on just a drop to the bottom and back up

Murk_Man'22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 01:28 PM   #22
norcalsurfer

Quote:

You do this on your surface interval? Or only static?
norcalsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 10:06 AM   #23
nway93

I've only tried statics twice once when i took the fii class and made it to 2:35 then a month later when i was down in the keys after 3 days of diving sunup to sundown when my buddy wanted to try to make it to 5min and did I i made it to 3:15. Most of our diving is on a wreck we have marked in 55' or drifting with the flasher on the deep ledge, i dove for the first time in like a month 3 days ago and was still able to make it to the bottom of the flasher and sit for 30-40sec and come back up. The bottom of my flasher is 45', if i wasn't leaving for school in a week and got back into the routine of diving once a week i could deffinatly improve a lot.
Old 08-12-2012, 02:31 AM   #24
LoGiiCz

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalsurfer View Post
You do this on your surface interval? Or only static?
Both...
Old 08-13-2012, 10:43 PM   #25
2fishin2
Pacific Spearo

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O View Post
I was actually going to start a thread on a similar topics question.

I must preface this with a certification of intelligence and the ability to know my boundaries well before i reach my "limits."
I study human physiology in college and train high level athletes so I have an idea of where the "safe" border resides

But does anyone do short breath holds while driving.? I never go past the 3 min mark I try to do shorter holds of 2 or so and practice proper recovery time intervals and try to get the same number with decent comfort.
I find between the radio and the empty road i have something to concentrate on that it seems like a nice low intesity high volume "training" atmosphere

However I am still fully aware of what my body is doing. No I don't hyperventilate, close my eyes, fight abdominal spasms, etc so please answer appropriately.
I dont care who you are or what you do for a living, that is one of the most stupidist things I have ever heard. Concentrate on breath hold and training while driving instead of concentrating on the task at hand ie DRIVING is irresponsible and idiotic!

Did you clear that training technique with the other drivers of the road and in particular that one that you will get in an accident with once you pass out?

Driving is not a training enviornment and if anyone should know that, it would appear to be you.

WTF is wrong with people now days?
2fishin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 10:53 PM   #26
K.O

Location: Worcester Ma (temp) Springfield Ma( temp) Mahwah N.J

response is warranted and expected. I appreciate your concern. And will discontinue. It is not a daily occurrence, something i did today on a whim. My question was mearly at what point weather it be at 30 sec when a pr may be 4 minutes is it considered. ( what if you pass out)

and what is wrong with people is a very good question indeed. Not to start the debate of a lesser evil to a more but texting, make up, radio change is more idiotic and prevalent.
Old 08-13-2012, 11:25 PM   #27
2fishin2
Pacific Spearo

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O View Post
response is warranted and expected. I appreciate your concern. And will discontinue. It is not a daily occurrence, something i did today on a whim. My question was mearly at what point weather it be at 30 sec when a pr may be 4 minutes is it considered. ( what if you pass out)

and what is wrong with people is a very good question indeed. Not to start the debate of a lesser evil to a more but texting, make up, radio change is more idiotic and prevalent.
2fishin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 01:31 PM   #28
AlexbeeintheUK

Is it just me that finds it more comfortable holding your breath under water? Sitting in my chair doing static's feels so much more foreign than when im timing myself at 40ft.
AlexbeeintheUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 11:18 PM   #29
Gator.Lynch

16 y/o and managed a 3:17 static today, so psyched I had to post on here. I started with normal breathing than gradually started taking deeper breaths and then took one big breath held for about 15 sec before my final breath. I was listening to music to keep my mind of the contractions.
Gator.Lynch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 08:32 AM   #30
Topcat333
TheCleverFisherman

Alex
Your survival mode kicks in when you go under water so you can actually hold longer if your face is in cool water

I will let the pro's elaborate... Gents ?
Topcat333 is offline   Reply With Quote