Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Florida Gulfcoast Spearfishing

Florida Gulfcoast Spearfishing Post here to discuss regional action or issues about spearing on Florida's Gulfcoast.

Old 08-20-2007, 10:04 PM   #16
Doc

Re: "Am I going to die?" Roaming gnome goes deep.

Great report Chris... and awesome fish Keith!
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 09:11 AM   #17
coldspear

Financial Advis good story. Sounds like you had agreat time and learned from your adventures.
Old 08-22-2007, 03:14 PM   #18
FISHDIVER

That fish is huge.Congrates
FISHDIVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 05:13 PM   #19
BwanaR
Richard Daniel

Amazing how the air disappears down there. I remember a while back dropping with a light filled 100cu. ft tank for a quick look at a wreck that I usually have at least a 130cu. for. Turns out there were a couple more fish down there than the bottom finder had lead me to believe. Before I knew it I had racked up deco starting at 40ft. Looked down and saw 1100#'s on the gauge and said to myself "cool...time for this one more grouper". Two minutes later grouper on my stringer, check gas and I'm at 800#'s. Holy crap....I pivot to check above me for a leak that I might be oblivious to. Nope, everything appeared normal (I hastily head for my first stop trying to figure out what was wrong), damn glad I had a 30cu. ft pony on my back for insurance. By the time I got to my stop I was well below what I would have like to have safely been. Figured out right then (duhhh) that a 130 @ 1100 gives you quite a bit more time than a 100 @ 1100. Like you said Chris, things happen real fast at depth. Amazing how Murphy can sneak up on you so quickly, especially when your not prepared to be where you are!

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out and screaming, 'WAAH HOO What a Ride!'"
BwanaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 09:02 PM   #20
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair

“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”
― Frederic Bastiat, The Law
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 09:00 AM   #21
Tyson Brown
Mer*Man*. Mer-MAN!!!

Hey that's a fun story, thx Miner Marcus