Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Announcements and Rules > Spearboard Announcements and Rules

Spearboard Announcements and Rules Check here for annoucements on things that would interest spearfishermen, including seminars or other events

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 88 votes, 2.76 average. Display Modes
Old 02-24-2011, 08:36 PM   #121
s.airala
Susie

Re: Welcome Lurkers!

Hello, I'm pretty new to spearboard. Just thought I would make it official and introduce myself! I love reading all of the great threads and learning more about this incredible sport. I grew up in Michigan and never spearfished or dived. My husband (a.s.alvarez) grew up in Miami and has been spearfishing since he was a kid. He started to teach me a little bit, and when he saw that I was really interested in spearfishing, he suggested that we take the PFI freediving course. The rest is history! I'm just having a great time learning how to stalk, stone, and cook 'em up!
Susie
s.airala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 07:06 PM   #122
troutbum24

New lurker signing on..

Hello all, Just got my privileges to post on the board. My name is Blaine, and I currently reside in Lewiston, CA (2 hours from Humboldt)I have a little bit of experience spear fishing down in Loreto Baja, MX for 10 days two years ago!! I had a ton of fun and can't wait to try it again here on the North Coast of CA (Mendocino/Humboldt Co.) Will be in Sacramento tomorrow for a work conference but I plan on stopping by the free dive shop to look at their selection of open cell suits. It's still a tossup for me if I should get open cell or just stick with closed cell for its durability and longevity. Hoping to have a gun and suit by April 1st. I can use my old scuba fins for the meantime I recon until the wife lets me invest in some new ones. She just doesn't understand that I really need all this gear.......
troutbum24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 12:09 PM   #123
Longshot270

Howdy, new to spearboard but not to forums. I'm a long time member on some F150 forums but they are rather lacking on a diving crowd. Found this place just after joining scubaboard.com but I can tell I like this one more already.
Longshot270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 01:40 PM   #124
M GO BLUE
Stranded in TN.....

Joined ****************** awhile back and saw references to this site...I LIKE IT! Been diving for years, but just got all my gear rounded up to start spearfishing. I live in TN, so won't have many opportunities, but planning for several trips to the panhandle to learn how to shoot a fish and snatch a bug!!
M GO BLUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 02:34 AM   #125
805mike

Well I had signed up but never posted. Glad I finally decided to stop lurking and post. Hopefully I can give back because I've taken a lot of knowledge off here believe it or not.
805mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 09:10 PM   #126
calvinyumi

Howdy! My name is Calvin and I am very new to spearboard, but I have experienced many forums before. Since I met this forum, I already like this one. Nice to know you all
Old 04-26-2011, 07:19 AM   #127
Radi

Greetings, I am not a Lurker anylonger!!!!

This forum is great.
Radi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 05:22 AM   #128
Tyson Brown
Mer*Man*. Mer-MAN!!!

Me too! I finally made it out on a spearfishing trip after being away like forever, so now I actually have things to post about. Great forum, thanks!
Tyson Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 11:37 AM   #129
Woodnymf

Hi everyone, I took a haitus from diving to get used to being a new mom. My boy is three now and I'm looking to get us both in the water. I'm in Laurence Harbor but frequent the Shark River for backbay diving. Looking forward to participating in this board.
-Tiina
Woodnymf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 02:40 PM   #130
SpearMax
Forum Administrator

Smile Re: Welcome Lurkers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodnymf View Post
Hi everyone, I took a haitus from diving to get used to being a new mom. My boy is three now and I'm looking to get us both in the water. I'm in Laurence Harbor but frequent the Shark River for backbay diving. Looking forward to participating in this board.
-Tiina
Welcome back to Spearboard Tina!

Motherhood is so amazing and you are to be commended for that dedication.

I see you joined in 2006 and made just two posts.

We have plenty of lady shooters here and look forward to your postings.

Please share your experiences of getting back into the sport and introducing your son to it.

Tony

“Live this day as if it will be your last. Remember that you will only find 'tomorrow' on the calendars of fools.”

---- Success Unlimited Author Og Mandino b.1923 - d.1996

Last edited by SpearMax; 09-05-2011 at 02:49 PM.
SpearMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 08:58 PM   #131
Tyson Brown
Mer*Man*. Mer-MAN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodnymf View Post
....My boy is three now and I'm looking to get us both in the water.....
My boy is 3 too. check this mask out:

Aqua Sphere Sphera toddler swim mask:

http://www.isnorkel.com/product/424/...m-snorkel-mask

Amazon.com: Aqua Sphere Sphera toddler swim & snorkel mask: Sports & Outdoors Amazon.com: Aqua Sphere Sphera toddler swim & snorkel mask: Sports & Outdoors

Apparently everyone's out of them right now, but maybe they'll come back in stock.

This mask has a nice silicone skirt and a polycarbonate lens. The lens is flexible, which enables the mask to bend and seal around very small faces.

Highly recommended!

Also, another trick I use - I heard this from a boat captain in West Palm Beach. Get your kid a light adult snorkel. The larger snorkel mouthpiece is easier for them to hold in their mouth, because it's just wedged in there and it automatically seals. they don't have to bite down or think about keeping their lips closed.

Good luck!
Tyson Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 07:40 PM   #132
Woodnymf

Great advice, thank you for the warm welcome.
Woodnymf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 10:36 PM   #133
Hallro

Just found out about spearfishing and totally stoked to get into it. Lived in San Diego my whole life and never knew spearfishing existed. Looking forward to trying my hand at it and hopefully putting some dinner on the table
Hallro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 06:24 PM   #134
aussie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallro View Post
Just found out about spearfishing and totally stoked to get into it. Lived in San Diego my whole life and never knew spearfishing existed. Looking forward to trying my hand at it and hopefully putting some dinner on the table
Be safe.
Old 09-14-2011, 07:03 PM   #135
Hallro

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie View Post
Be safe.
I'll try my best!
Hallro is offline   Reply With Quote