Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > General Topics (Non-regional) > Spearfishing Regulations

Spearfishing Regulations This area is for the topic of existing or proposed Spearfishing Regulations.

Old 01-26-2017, 10:23 PM   #1
SpearMax
Forum Administrator

Palmetto Bay Resident Pleads Guilty and is Sentenced for Illegal Spearfishing

U.S. Department of Commerce
NOAA Fisheries - Office of Law Enforcement/Miami, Fl
www.nmfs.noaa.gov/ole

Palmetto Bay Resident Pleads Guilty and Is Sentenced for Illegal Spearfishing Activity

https://www.justice.gov/usao-sdfl/pr...shing-activity

MESSAGE FROM TONE CALLE:

My Name is Tone Calle and I have agreed to post about my experience in 2014 with the FWC (Florida Wildlife Commission) as part of an apology for spearfishing in a Special Management Zone in Key Largo (which is part of the Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary) and impeding a law enforcement officer during his investigation.

I've been spearfishing and boating in South Florida for many years now. On May 30, 2014, while spearfishing with a friend, we went into the Special Management Zone in Key Largo, Florida. While I was in the water, a Florida Fish & Wildlife Conservation Officer approached my vessel and informed us we were in a prohibited zone. The Officer began to question us and against my better judgment, I was not honest with the officer and denied that I was spearfishing.

I was charged with impeding a law enforcement officer during his investigation and apologize for my lapse of good judgement - I have paid deeply for it.

I urge everyone to be more vigilant and stay updated about the rules and regulations governing spear fishing activity, and to cooperate with the officials who are responsible for protecting our waters.
SpearMax is offline   Reply With Quote