Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > The Spearboard Tavern > Politics/Religion Forum

Politics/Religion Forum This special place is for threads that are primarily on political or religious subjects.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 38 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-21-2017, 03:25 PM   #1351
SubSub
Registered User
 
SubSub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Posts: 77
Re: what will happen to our gun rights?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mepps1 View Post
There. I saved Subsub the trouble.



I guess I should be nicer, since not many lefties come out to play here.

So you have to be a leftist if you don't see the point of guns in society?

I'm far from left, although I'm not blinded by racial blame and my mind is not locked in onedirectional thinking.

But it must be great for you guys to have this little corner of the forum where you have none / very few people stirring it up, so you can keep patting each others backs complementing each other for your awesomeness and "true views" of the world. Had any of you been out of state?

White power and AR15s to the people.. Hallelujah and god save the Trump! 🏼*🏼*✈️🏼*
SubSub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 04:02 PM   #1352
mepps1
Registered User
 
mepps1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Gillette, WY
Age: 40
Posts: 5,702
Re: what will happen to our gun rights?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubSub View Post
So you have to be a leftist if you don't see the point of guns in society?

I'm far from left, although I'm not blinded by racial blame and my mind is not locked in onedirectional thinking.

But it must be great for you guys to have this little corner of the forum where you have none / very few people stirring it up, so you can keep patting each others backs complementing each other for your awesomeness and "true views" of the world. Had any of you been out of state?

White power and AR15s to the people.. Hallelujah and god save the Trump! ��*��*✈️��*
LOL. No generalization or group castigation here at all.

You are reliably leftist on every statement you've made here, from the glories of multiculturalism to the evil of guns to the castigation of right-leaning Americans as racist, backward hicks. The issue of arms in the hands of peaceful people is the ultimate left/right divide. One side wants good men to be armed. The other side wants to have them as unarmed test subjects for whatever Great Leap Forward the progressive left embarks upon next.

You're the definition of a reflexively leftist, sneering, and smarmy faux-intellectual progressive.

Have I missed something?

And what has stating the truth about race and violence got to do with "racial blame"? Just what did I say that was untrue? So, I gather that, in your thinking, some facts are racist facts?

I'm perfectly happy to have you "stir it up". But now, here you are all butthurt because I called a spade a spade.

OK

Last edited by mepps1; 04-21-2017 at 04:12 PM.
mepps1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 05:11 PM   #1353
SubSub
Registered User
 
SubSub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Posts: 77
Re: what will happen to our gun rights?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mepps1 View Post
LOL. No generalization or group castigation here at all.

You are reliably leftist on every statement you've made here, from the glories of multiculturalism to the evil of guns to the castigation of right-leaning Americans as racist, backward hicks. The issue of arms in the hands of peaceful people is the ultimate left/right divide. One side wants good men to be armed. The other side wants to have them as unarmed test subjects for whatever Great Leap Forward the progressive left embarks upon next.

You're the definition of a reflexively leftist, sneering, and smarmy faux-intellectual progressive.

Have I missed something?

And what has stating the truth about race and violence got to do with "racial blame"? Just what did I say that was untrue? So, I gather that, in your thinking, some facts are racist facts?

I'm perfectly happy to have you "stir it up". But now, here you are all butthurt because I called a spade a spade.

OK


You have already showed your illiterate ways, but now I really start to wonder how you read?

"glories of multiculturalism"
Right. I simply stated that both our countries are a result of multicultural influences since hundreds of years.

"castigation of right-leaning Americans as racist, backward hicks"
Your ways kinda give it away. It's not a generalization, it's just you. You know the good ol' -if it looks like a hick swims like a hick and quacks like a hick... you can figure the rest out.

"And what has stating the truth about race and violence got to do with "racial blame"? Just what did I say that was untrue? So, I gather that, in your thinking, some facts are racist facts?"
Socioeconomic factors, ever heard of that? Ofcourse there is a difference looking at race, but where does the difference stem from? You said earlier something about "it's not all genetics"... and something about that a lot of "whites" now find themselves in the same situation as the "blacks", high crime, drugs, high murderrate, etc. Think socioeconomic factors has anything to do with it?


The fact you have to call me stuff to prove your point or whatever you try to do, just shine the light brighter on your own shortcomings. Keep it up!
SubSub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 05:37 PM   #1354
mepps1
Registered User
 
mepps1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Gillette, WY
Age: 40
Posts: 5,702
Re: what will happen to our gun rights?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubSub View Post
You have already showed your illiterate ways, but now I really start to wonder how you read?

"glories of multiculturalism"
Right. I simply stated that both our countries are a result of multicultural influences since hundreds of years.

"castigation of right-leaning Americans as racist, backward hicks"
Your ways kinda give it away. It's not a generalization, it's just you. You know the good ol' -if it looks like a hick swims like a hick and quacks like a hick... you can figure the rest out.
Ah. Comrade Shithead (50% credit to Fitz)- I see! Your insults, implied or otherwise, are proof of your high-minded ideals. Whereas, mine are proof that your insults are in fact, true. I'm starting to get the idea that your entire worldview is one colossal pedantic circle-jerk. I admit, I was a touch slow to that.

Quote:
"And what has stating the truth about race and violence got to do with "racial blame"? Just what did I say that was untrue? So, I gather that, in your thinking, some facts are racist facts?"
Socioeconomic factors, ever heard of that? Ofcourse there is a difference looking at race, but where does the difference stem from? You said earlier somethi
ng about "it's not all genetics"... and something about that a lot of "whites" now find themselves in the same situation as the "blacks", high crime, drugs, high murderrate, etc. Think socioeconomic factors has anything to do with it?
No dumbass. Family relations have everything to do with it. Many people who are desperately poor manage to live dignified, noble, and virtuous lives. Often (though not always) this sort of virtuous life lifts people out of their poverty.

Whoring around like dogs in heat, breeding multiple generations of bastard sons, while using chemical highs to fill in the desperate soul-vacuum created by dissipated living creates the "socioeconomic factors" you think you see.

And, like any good progressive, here we see you are too stupid to discern cause from effect. Perfectly typical.


Quote:
The fact you have to call me stuff to prove your point or whatever you try to do, just shine the light brighter on your own shortcomings. Keep it up!
Got it. I'll keep it clean like you.
mepps1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 05:38 PM   #1355
Alashaman
PB 66Lbs WSB
 
Alashaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Thousand Oaks, CA
Posts: 2,022
Re: what will happen to our gun rights?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubSub View Post
So you have to be a leftist if you don't see the point of guns in society?
Quick Question:

At what point has a gun control law prevent a violent crime?

More importantly... which law would have prevented the multiple attacks with cars / trucks that we have seen recently?

Which ones are designed to prevent the numerous knife attacks?

What about the pressure cooker bomb attack at the boston marathon?

Wrap your head around this concept..... There is EVIL in this world. You could remove every gun on the planet and it wouldn't solve the problem, or eliminate killing.

In fact I would argue that it would INCREASE the ability for evil people commit evil acts.

A gun is the most efficient equalizer. Put a gun in the hands of a well trained 90lb woman, and she can stand toe to toe with a 300lb rapist and walk away without a scratch.

Why do the vast majority of attacks by terrorists and cowards occur at places like schools? It is because they know this is where they are the least likely to meet any resistance. The 'good guy' isn't allowed to carry a gun on a school campus....

so you are right, you don't have to be a leftist... but you do have to have zero common sense to truly believe that an inanimate object is the problem...

Try this little experiment, go find the most 'evil' assault weapon on the planet. Load it up with a 100 round magazine... what the hell belt feed with with an endless supply ammo.... remove the safety and put a round in the chamber. Now put it on your kitchen table, take a step back and wait for it to start killing people. Let me know how much damage it does.
Alashaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 07:09 PM   #1356
SubSub
Registered User
 
SubSub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Posts: 77
Re: what will happen to our gun rights?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alashaman View Post
Quick Question:

At what point has a gun control law prevent a violent crime?

More importantly... which law would have prevented the multiple attacks with cars / trucks that we have seen recently?

Which ones are designed to prevent the numerous knife attacks?

What about the pressure cooker bomb attack at the boston marathon?

Wrap your head around this concept..... There is EVIL in this world. You could remove every gun on the planet and it wouldn't solve the problem, or eliminate killing.

In fact I would argue that it would INCREASE the ability for evil people commit evil acts.

A gun is the most efficient equalizer. Put a gun in the hands of a well trained 90lb woman, and she can stand toe to toe with a 300lb rapist and walk away without a scratch.

Why do the vast majority of attacks by terrorists and cowards occur at places like schools? It is because they know this is where they are the least likely to meet any resistance. The 'good guy' isn't allowed to carry a gun on a school campus....

so you are right, you don't have to be a leftist... but you do have to have zero common sense to truly believe that an inanimate object is the problem...

Try this little experiment, go find the most 'evil' assault weapon on the planet. Load it up with a 100 round magazine... what the hell belt feed with with an endless supply ammo.... remove the safety and put a round in the chamber. Now put it on your kitchen table, take a step back and wait for it to start killing people. Let me know how much damage it does.


Finally a sensible reply. Thanks!

You are right. Gun control laws does not prevent violent crimes in that sense. All those horrible terror crimes would have happened one way or the other.

Criminals take advantage of the weak. That woman you talk about having a fighting chance escaping rape, it's not very like the rapist would announce his intentions. More than likely he would use the element of surprise, darkness, she being drunk or something else. The likelyhood of her beeing able to pull out the gun and shoot the perpetrator is as likely as the guy taking the gun from her shooting her.
Add to that the fact that the absolute majority of rapes happens in the home, by the spouse or someone else related to he victim. Assault rapes are uncommon seen to the bigger picture.

Ofcourse the actual weapon is not the problem. I have no problems with weapons at all, it is the people handling them that is the main concern.

I mean, A LOT of the violent crimes happen in the heat of the moment. Drunk people, people that got cheated on, easily offended people... this is where it all happends. It you have a gun within arms reach it is far more likely you'd use it, especially if under the influence. And if you'd decide to use it, it has dire consequenses.

I'm not promoting a ban on guns, I'm just saying that if they were not so easily accessible, the likelyhood of them beeing used by "you and me" in the heat of the moment would decrease and as a result the deadly violence would decrease.

In my part of the world guns are not prohibited (spearguns are though due to oooold fishing laws noone wants to change), bit there are strict regulations of who can keep them, and for what purpose. I'm also not saying I'm happy about the gun laws in my own country, but I do see the point of them beeing there. We don't have many gun killings outside of the criminal world, where the rules are different anyways. Either way, iI don't disapprove if organized crime kills the organized crime.

I'm far from a leftist, I'm for more generous gun laws where I live, but I also think where you live (in some states atleast) guns are way to accessible and unregulated, and that itself easily puts people who find themselves in a perceived bad situation next to a gun when that is the last thing they need.
SubSub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 07:22 PM   #1357
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair
 
Marcus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 35,143
Re: what will happen to our gun rights?

SubSub,

You're the turd in the punch bowl on this thread. Very entertaining.

I think the guys left leg in the back lifted up in sympathy. 700 Nitro express
http://imgur.com/gallery/ULLBfzb
__________________
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." ~Jefferson
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 07:49 PM   #1358
SubSub
Registered User
 
SubSub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Posts: 77
Re: what will happen to our gun rights?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
SubSub,

You're the turd in the punch bowl on this thread. Very entertaining.

I think the guys left leg in the back lifted up in sympathy. 700 Nitro express
http://imgur.com/gallery/ULLBfzb


Haha, you think!?

Helluva gun! Probably not that useful, unless you gotta shoot a rhino, but that thing is hardcore!
SubSub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 10:37 AM   #1359
fitz
yea, I'm a prick, so what
 
fitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: SD
Posts: 2,001
Re: what will happen to our gun rights?

Statists Always Turn To The Disarmament Of The Innocent And The Arming Of Their Allies

http://www.captainsjournal.com/2017/...-their-allies/

"There are a couple of very important points to be made concerning this dreadful news.* First of all, LEOs will always reflexively enforce the wishes of the ruling class.* You cannot entrust your future to the state, and even now the LEOs in South Africa are ensuring the future deaths of their own culture and people.* Second, gun registries are in fact the pretext for gun confiscation, regardless of what the Fascists claim.* As I’ve explained, we’ve even seen that from American Fascists who have explained to each other the true intent of such data and information.
The only way we can truly be safe and prevent further gun violence is to ban civilian ownership of all guns. That means everything. No pistols, no revolvers, no semiautomatic or automatic rifles. No bolt action. No breaking actions or falling blocks. Nothing. This is the only thing that we can possibly do to keep our children safe from both mass murder and common street violence.
Unfortunately, right now we can’t. The political will is there, but the institutions are not. Honestly, this is a good thing. If we passed a law tomorrow banning all firearms, we would have massive noncompliance. What we need to do is establish the regulatory and informational institutions first. This is how we do it.* The very first thing we need is national registry. We need to know where the guns are, and who has them.
This happened for those who are “subjects of the Queen” a long time ago, which is why they are ripe for takeover by the Islamists and utterly powerless to stop it, even if they did have the will.* The future for the poor people of South Africa looks bleak.
So too does the future for the poor people of Venezuela, where the communists are arming their allies.
Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro said he will expand the number of civilians involved in armed militias, providing guns to as many as 400,000 loyalists.
The announcement came as Maduro’s opponents are gearing up for what they pledge will be the largest rally yet to press for elections and a host of other demands Wednesday.
The Bolivarian militias, currently at approximately 100,000, were created by the late Hugo Chavez to assist the armed forces in the defense of his revolution from external and domestic attacks.
Speaking to thousands of militia members dressed in beige uniforms gathered in front of the presidential palace, Maduro said that vision remains relevant as Venezuela continues to face “imperialist aggression.”
“A gun for every militiaman!” he cried.
Except not the militiamen who would overthrow him.* Collectivists know the power of armaments, and the control over them – taxation, licensing fees, data and information, approval authority over types and kinds, and ultimately authority to decide who gets to keep them – means everything to their station in life.
It goes without saying that you should husband your own possession of weapons and ammunition.* There will be no life, liberty or the pursuit of happiness without them.* There may not be happiness even*with them, because men who are armed are not [yet] enslaved and must make hard decisions.* But you may be able to ensure that future generations of your family enjoy the liberty they need to flourish and thrive."
__________________
As Aristotle wrote, some people simply cannot be educated by mere information.

Being called a traitor by the Republican establishment is a badge of honor. It's like a toothless meth-addled hooker shouting, "You don't know what you're missing!" as you just walk by.

fitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 05:54 PM   #1360
OBLIGATED
Registered User
 
OBLIGATED's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Board meeting
Age: 56
Posts: 5,313
Re: what will happen to our gun rights?

Anyone get any new toys?Damn boats,paddleboards and honey do stuff is killing my gun money stash
__________________
Proud to be Deplorable!
The far-left are bitter clingers holding on to their butt plugs and bongs.
OBLIGATED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:50 PM   #1361
Alashaman
PB 66Lbs WSB
 
Alashaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Thousand Oaks, CA
Posts: 2,022
Re: what will happen to our gun rights?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubSub View Post
Finally a sensible reply. Thanks!

You are right. Gun control laws does not prevent violent crimes in that sense. All those horrible terror crimes would have happened one way or the other.

Criminals take advantage of the weak. That woman you talk about having a fighting chance escaping rape, it's not very like the rapist would announce his intentions. More than likely he would use the element of surprise, darkness, she being drunk or something else. The likelyhood of her beeing able to pull out the gun and shoot the perpetrator is as likely as the guy taking the gun from her shooting her.
Add to that the fact that the absolute majority of rapes happens in the home, by the spouse or someone else related to he victim. Assault rapes are uncommon seen to the bigger picture.

Ofcourse the actual weapon is not the problem. I have no problems with weapons at all, it is the people handling them that is the main concern.

I mean, A LOT of the violent crimes happen in the heat of the moment. Drunk people, people that got cheated on, easily offended people... this is where it all happends. It you have a gun within arms reach it is far more likely you'd use it, especially if under the influence. And if you'd decide to use it, it has dire consequenses.

I'm not promoting a ban on guns, I'm just saying that if they were not so easily accessible, the likelyhood of them beeing used by "you and me" in the heat of the moment would decrease and as a result the deadly violence would decrease.

In my part of the world guns are not prohibited (spearguns are though due to oooold fishing laws noone wants to change), bit there are strict regulations of who can keep them, and for what purpose. I'm also not saying I'm happy about the gun laws in my own country, but I do see the point of them beeing there. We don't have many gun killings outside of the criminal world, where the rules are different anyways. Either way, iI don't disapprove if organized crime kills the organized crime.

I'm far from a leftist, I'm for more generous gun laws where I live, but I also think where you live (in some states atleast) guns are way to accessible and unregulated, and that itself easily puts people who find themselves in a perceived bad situation next to a gun when that is the last thing they need.
Look into the numbers, most of these crimes of passion are commited using knives or bats or other objects near by. Guns actually make up a small percentage of these crimes.

As to your comment on my example of guns being a..... I'm glad you recognize bad people exist. A well trained person avoids situations that turn them into victims, and learn how to address threats. The gun a tool that can give a prepared person a fighting chance. It does not replace good judgement and avoiding the bad situations

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr.../violent-crime
22 percent of all violent crimes were committed by an offender wielding a weapon — gun, knife or other object.
8 percent involved a firearm.
28 percent of crimes committed using a firearm were robberies, 5 percent were “simple/aggravated assault” and less than 0.5 percent were rapes or aggravated assaults. To compare, 8 percent of sexual crimes committed with a weapon used knives. In simple/aggravated assaults, knives had an equal percentage of use compared to firearms — 5 percent — and “other” weapons comprised 7 percent.
Alashaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:54 AM   #1362
riplipper
Relax, a beer will help
 
riplipper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fleming Isle/Jax
Posts: 3,638
Re: what will happen to our gun rights?

I can't even imagine where our crime rate would be if criminals had zero fear of getting shot when entering a soon to be victims house.
__________________
If it was legal to shoot the stupid, the boat ramp would be a slaughter house.
riplipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:11 AM.


The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Social Media Forum Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2002 - 2014 Spearboard.com