Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > The Spearboard Tavern > Off Topic Area

Off Topic Area Enjoy a virtual beer at the bar, and talk about anything else on your mind that may not pertain to spearfishing.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 2.50 average. Display Modes
Old 10-01-2002, 11:52 AM   #16
Steel Shootin'

Did Eric say what the hell happened to their servers? It's one thing for a server to go down for a while, but since Saturday? Plus, everything should be redundant. I am sure they would have all their databases backed-up, so that if a server crashes, you just upload to another server. It's simple (unless nothing is backed-up, which I can't imagine).

The only thing I can guess is that they're doing some kind of a major upgrade (inspired by Spearboard, no doubt!). Or, maybe the FBI confisgated all their servers after that kid used the forum to sell stolen rods and reels. One last possibility is that Genesis sold them on the idea that they should switch to his homemade diesel-powered servers, constructed of coconuts and tinfoil.

Eric, stop the speculation! If you read this, register and tell us whats going on. I promise not to "cut off your air."
Steel Shootin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2002, 03:40 PM   #17
Spear One
Retired Comm. Shooter

Invite everyone over, even the guys we don't like. We will make good sport of them. Fair game!
Spear One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2002, 04:44 PM   #18
f94gator

I read that their site got hacked and a bunch of members deleted; maybe that caused part of the delay as well.

Either way, I'm posting a whole lot more here now anyway. It's nice to be able to discuss stuff without having some blowhard asshole jumping. OK, not just ANY blowhard asshole...
f94gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2002, 01:33 AM   #19
inletsurf

I heard there is speculation that it was PETA turds who did the hacking...
inletsurf is offline   Reply With Quote