Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > General Topics (Non-regional) > Diving Safety, Accidents and Incidents

Diving Safety, Accidents and Incidents Post here to discuss accidents, incidents, ideas, gear, or anything else to improve spearfishing safety. Memorials and condolences threads should be placed in that separate forum.

Old 01-10-2016, 01:32 AM   #46
kehloken

Re: Rebreather's Will Kill You

When your rebreather diver the information is out there if you keep looking, and it tells you it'll kill you. So you have to know completely what you're doing, no matter what.

Here's a CCR site asking how dangerous is it.
http://www.divesafety.net/CCRhowDangerous.html
Old 01-10-2016, 01:36 AM   #47
kehloken

Patric Nichols has had to go through all of this, and somehow you must've figured out that when he was going to die on a rebreather which it's inevitable that all the information would be removed erased all the memory disappeared.
Old 01-10-2016, 01:49 AM   #48
kehloken

In 2013 there was a rebreather diver diving JJ CCR in Germany he went for a scooter dive. Is JJ CCR shearwater controller And OSTC were empty and all data erased

Now I see why in the other incident they were saying that this JJ CCR was an unsafe unit to be using.
This incident it was noted that loss of logs is a poor design.

I mean is it the litigation of why they try to hide or is it just that the industry is so small
That they really have to talk people into doing rebreather diving, in they just hate any information that results in death.
It just gets more amazing on each incident how it's covered up.
Old 01-10-2016, 01:56 AM   #49
kehloken

When I discovered what was going on in this cover-up back on post #40
I was just applaud. And now that I've tried to assemble these findings and Post and threads get totally erased, all because of the rebreather community teaching agencies and the manufactures, just the whole community.

Oh I'm sure that I'm going to have more and more better findings at least I've got a well rounded out discovery of answers in the short amount of time.
Old 01-10-2016, 03:21 PM   #50
Biminibill

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEATUX View Post
A "no no" only in State Waters I believe.
Also in the South Atlantic EEZ.

I remember when that guy died while spearfishing with a rebreather in Broward County. He was breaking the law and his case was an example of part of why we pushed Florida and the South Atlantic Council to ban spearfishing and other harvesting with rebreathers before they were yet popular - dangerous task loading. A well designed rebreather is a marvelous tool in many applications but not all. I've read through this thread and have to side wholeheartedly with Mike on this issue. As for the negative statistics cited, there are numerous factors that play into those numbers, too much for this thread, and as such throwing a blanket of condemnation over rebreathers is not justified. I worked as a commercial fisher-diver for 30 years and continue to dive occasionally on scientific research projects. All was on open circuit until I found a solid, simple to use and maintain rebreather (KISS Classic). I still dive open circuit when it's the right equipment but when the rebreather applies it's a
privilege and a new and interesting dimension that adds a lot to my diving. Mike is absolutely right that the equipment must me respected, understood and handled as carefully as a pre-flight on an airplane and the check list (a short one) before taking off. Do that and you have a safe machine. Get careless and you'll crash. Granted, OC is more forgiving, easier and simpler, but there are perks to CCR diving that for me, at least, are worth the added workload.
Biminibill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 04:10 PM   #51
kehloken

Biminibill A Civilized post thank you very much for your input. And I agree with you.
Old 01-11-2016, 11:20 AM   #52
kehloken

As you search for each rebreather diver that died, all of their post and threads are deleted, as with the doctor on my first post was actually he was a dentist, then he died within like two years of being a rebreather Diver.
You could only think that using their experience that they put out online would not be beneficial to the rebreather community And must be used against them.

I know of a guy that dove one for over a decade and now he does not dive it anymore, mention that it just did not outweigh the cost. As mentioned above post their rebreather divers that use them for deep or long dives that they are needed for.

As far back as 1959 Ennio Falco dove to 436' on air, he didn't recall whole lot.
yet Brett Gilliam in 1990 went to 453' recalls it clearly.
Now the dive gear has changed between 59 and 90 so there's a possibility that that had something to do with that particular person not recalling everything clearly.

When researching all the rebreather divers that died And the minimal information out there from deletion is amusing as all hell.
Old 01-11-2016, 11:33 AM   #53
kehloken

It is astonishing how at this point in life that things are stricken from the record On rebreather divers.

Where in this link it goes back so far of when rebreather's actually began.
http://www.protecblog.com/rebreather.html
Old 03-02-2016, 12:32 PM   #54
naich
jetty jumper

naich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 12:01 PM   #55
kehloken

Actually the above must be what you like to do, your latest post are pretty much the same attitude as in all you like to do is give attitude comments.
Feel free to keep doing it.
Old 08-21-2016, 02:00 PM   #56
kehloken

OK so I just looked and there has been several rebreather deaths this year there might even be more this year than last year but I'll tally that up at the end of the year.

We lost a rebreather diver here in this area he was diving in the Great Lakes simple dive to 300 feet and so this guy used rebreather and died what is Shame, he should've just use the open circuit like he used to.

I've been busy but I did find something I'll have to go back and find it explains more of the rebreather killings.
Old 06-14-2019, 03:16 PM   #57
bmoore
NAUI Inst Cave Trimix

I just bought two Poseidon rebreathers....Ill be dead soon....
bmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 06:44 AM   #58
PigStikr
The Stalker

This is the most bizarre thread I have ever read on any BB. Glad you resurrected it.
Old 06-27-2019, 12:20 PM   #59
bmoore
NAUI Inst Cave Trimix

I know! Thanks!

I stumbled across it several days ago. Thought it was pretty far out!

is this even possible?? "simple dive to 300 feet "
Anything over 150 I would not consider "simple"
bmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 07:49 AM   #60
Mana'squal

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmoore View Post
I know! Thanks!

I stumbled across it several days ago. Thought it was pretty far out!

is this even possible?? "simple dive to 300 feet "
Anything over 150 I would not consider "simple"
This was a real treat of a read, I got caught in the rants.

Anyway, let me know when i can get you my social, make me your beneficiary for your inevitable departure
Mana'squal is offline   Reply With Quote