Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > California Off-Topic

California Off-Topic Remember that politics/religion and general off-topic belong in Special Forums.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-28-2013, 09:38 AM   #1
davej

Kimi Werner Patagonia ??

Can someone please tell Kimi that Patagonia supports MLPA and bans on fishing http://www.patagonia.com/us/product/...hirt?p=11897-0 . Seams like shes in bed with the enemy. Which by the way are a bit hypocrites since Fletcher Chouinard is the one that got me into spearfishing almost 20 years ago.
davej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 10:49 AM   #2
toptuna

Re: Kimi Werner Patagonia ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by davej View Post
Can someone please tell Kimi that Patagonia supports MLPA and bans on fishing http://www.patagonia.com/us/product/...hirt?p=11897-0 . Seams like shes in bed with the enemy. Which by the way are a bit hypocrites since Fletcher Chouinard is the one that got me into spearfishing almost 20 years ago.
Yep. I'm sure she is a nice person but it seems like she has not done her do diligence on the company and is in bed with a company that helped ruin California fishing FOREVER. I hope she gets rich
Old 06-28-2013, 12:33 PM   #3
Newgun

I don't know about Patagonia I'm just tired of seeing her in every friggin Hawaii skin-diver magazine. I know she's attractive and a great diver but cmon. I'm not hatin on her, just sayin. Yes I did see the goin back to Cali issue. It's awesome. I liked reading something about other female divers for a change. I thought it was kimi free, then I saw her on a cover of a DVD for sale, or some ad. No offense kimi
Newgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 04:27 PM   #4
Seeco

http://www.spearboard.com/showthread.php?t=161027

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeco View Post
This Kimi is obviously legit but she just sold out big time. Good for her. Honestly I would do the same thing if the pay was good.

Where is the blood???!!!!! That tuna she is kissing was blasted with a giant spear and then she slammed a knife into its brain and ripped out its gills. What about when the blood an fish slime mix and cling to everything like giant crimson boogers? What about when you gut shot a fish and loops of intestine are hanging out? Or better yet when other dead fish spew out of the mouth of the fish you just killed and they are all half digested and bony. Or how about when your fish is still alive and you grab it by the eye sockets and pull the spear back out through the same hole you shot it through?

OH -- THAT DOESNT SELL T-SHIRTS, TRUCKER HATS AND DOWN JACKETS.

Spearing = hunting. It has nothing to do with setting up an easel on a beach. That part was so stupid. The only land based activity with anything in common is taking a rifle and putting a bullet through the lungs, heart and or brain of a majestic bear, dear, ram, moose, elk, mountain lion, elephant, rhino, gorilla or tiger, ripping its skin off and sharing the meat and ORGANS with the locals.

As people who catch fish with spears we descend directly from the same people that killed whales with harpoons. We are not yoga instructors, cliff divers or painters or moonlighting as conservation scientists.

Patagonia has ZERO association what you and I do in the water. All they do is create wannabes and posers.

Patagonia show your model standing in the back of a boat frying in the sun in a soup of blood, half dead fish, crushed beer cans, bent spear shafts, tangled mono, scales, cigarette butts gasoline and half a burrito that someone dropped 9 hours ago before the sun was even up.

Make an actual speargun. Then you will have something to do with spearfishing.
Seeco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 04:35 PM   #5
Markio
Shoot to eat

Patagonia is trying to shake hands with the fishing world. I noticed now they sell polespears and a couple of small (very small)spearguns in my local Patagonia shop. they even have a picture of a spearo wearing a Patagonia shirt in the water. They know their stand about the MLPA affects their bottom line.

Like some supporters of the MLPA they might feel they have pissed off a lot of people and that, is bad for business.

I love Patagonia stuff but I have a very hard time spending my money there, so i skip the shop.
Markio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 08:46 PM   #6
toptuna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markio View Post
Patagonia is trying to shake hands with the fishing world. I noticed now they sell polespears and a couple of small (very small)spearguns in my local Patagonia shop. they even have a picture of a spearo wearing a Patagonia shirt in the water. They know their stand about the MLPA affects their bottom line.

Like some supporters of the MLPA they might feel they have pissed off a lot of people and that, is bad for business.

I love Patagonia stuff but I have a very hard time spending my money there, so i skip the shop.
Pretty expensive too aren't they?
Old 06-29-2013, 12:55 AM   #7
rojodiablo
My spawn kills on....

Quote:
Originally Posted by toptuna View Post
Pretty expensive too aren't they?
Retardedly so.

I'll pass on them. Patagonia pushed for the most restrictive closures, and for that and that alone, I will never ever respect them. It's a matter of principle. They are fine with THEIR going to some far off place and shooting fish, but they are perfectly content to stop us from fishing right in our backyard.

Cut-throat and hypocritical, just like Surfrobber foundation.
Old 06-29-2013, 01:28 PM   #8
Newgun

They had a cool t shirt with a flying fish and I trident on it. I wanted to buy it. It was 35 bucks so I didn't. A t shirt! The shop owner called it patagucci when I complained.
Newgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 02:14 PM   #9
toptuna

Quote:
Originally Posted by rojodiablo View Post
Retardedly so.

I'll pass on them. Patagonia pushed for the most restrictive closures, and for that and that alone, I will never ever respect them. It's a matter of principle. They are fine with THEIR going to some far off place and shooting fish, but they are perfectly content to stop us from fishing right in our backyard.

Cut-throat and hypocritical, just like Surfrobber foundation.
Yep. I wonder if Kimi Werner knows about it.
Old 07-01-2013, 01:58 AM   #10
unkabonka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeco View Post
Stupid that you caught flak for your post in the other thread. I totally agree with you.
unkabonka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:33 AM   #11
toptuna

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkabonka View Post
Stupid that you caught flak for your post in the other thread. I totally agree with you.
Agreed.
Old 07-01-2013, 11:53 AM   #12
mokaction
Larry Caragay

I will let her know..

I would rather be a has been then a never was!!
mokaction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:44 PM   #13
rojodiablo
My spawn kills on....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mokaction View Post
I will let her know..
What are you gonna do; roll over and nudge her in the morning and tell her???

You lucky bastard!!!!
Old 07-01-2013, 10:28 PM   #14
Seeco

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkabonka View Post
Thanks
Seeco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 04:09 PM   #15
Kelsea
judge of my domain

Larry... please let Kimi know this also....

I understand the Original Poster's sentiment about Patagonia. In all honesty, that company also LOST a lot of my respect with their support of the MLPA. I wont presume to know if Kimi is aware of that aspect of the company she is representing... thats her business.

I do not represent Patagonia, nor do I respect their position on fishing.

I also have resigned from many of my Sponsorships this year, to pursue other projects. In all honesty, one reason I chose to end my association with Riffe, was the huge emphasis that many Team members placed on the Patagonia project several years ago during a filming project in Cabo. Riffe as a company, has STRONGLY supported CA fishing rights. I will always respect Riffe for that. However, members of the Riffe marketing team have their own projects, which do not necessarily represent me... and we all know that once you are on board with a name, brand... your actions and their actions become associated. So, for professional reasons, I am now a freelance diver. I will forever love my days with the Riffe company. But I am happy in my new pursuits also.

BUT I will remind ALL of you, that Kimi has supported efforts to fight the MLPA in the past. I strongly feel in my heart that she is NOT in bed with the enemy with any malicious intent. Some of you may remember her beautiful smile in the 2009 Spearfishing Bikini Calender that some of us spearfishing girls worked very hard to produce. The proceeds of that calender went directly to the CFC to help fight the MLPA.

Please, before bashing the reputation of a professional online, you need to keep in mind the good stuff that she has done.

Although she has her own style about her own professional career and who she represents, I will never forget that Kimi DID fight for our rights in California.

I can only hope that her association with Patagonia may sway that company to realize the harm that supporting the MLPA did.

You mess w/ ma girlz, you mess w/ me.

Larry, you can send her my love.