Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Sponsor Announcements! > Manufacturers

Manufacturers Here is info relevant to manufacturers who are sponsors of Spearboard.

Old 04-29-2009, 11:19 PM   #1
Spear One
Retired Comm. Shooter

Ask ocean rhino spearguns

Thought I would start a new "ask thread" for our new Ocean Rhino Spearguns. We are very close to releasing the new Ocean Rhino Speargun. We are doing the final testing on the trigger, line drop, and safety and everything is performing very well. Dan MacMahon & Ricky Hampton left today (April 29th 2009) on another commercial spearfishing trip with the pre-production model.

The gun performed very well on the first test trip but we decided to "tweak" a couple things to make it shoot even better. Dan & Ricky are VERY particular about the "setup" on their guns and I wanted the gun to be as close to perfect as it could be for the second round of testing. Trust me, if there is anything "not right" about the gun, these guys will find it. If they come back and give me the green light, we will start shipping guns to our dealers around May 5th 2009.

I will be posting updates (in this section) on the release of the new Ocean Rhino speargun and also provide information about the features and capabilities of our new gun. This has been a very challenging and demanding project that began over 3 years ago. We have designed some very cool features and some innovative accessories into the Ocean Rhino gun and I sincerely hope you guys enjoy shooting it as much as we have enjoyed designing and producing it.

Manufactured By: Spearfishing Specialties (727)-548-7686

E-mail: oceanrhino@gmail.com Web: OceanRhino.com

Last edited by Spear One; 05-02-2009 at 08:43 PM.
Spear One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 11:23 PM   #2
jerry1000

Re: Ask ocean rhino spearguns

i will see u sat morning to check out this new gun ,lol i can't wait any longer
BRANDON FL 33511
jerry1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 09:20 AM   #3
Scubadood

Send a message via Yahoo to Scubadood Send a message via Skype™ to Scubadood

Are you guys still using the sea hornet stock ,or something all together
different,thanks
Scubadood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 10:05 AM   #4
Spear One
Retired Comm. Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PropMan View Post
Are you guys still using the sea hornet stock ,or something all together
different,thanks
We are using a very similar version as before. However, the milling for the components is different.

Old 05-01-2009, 06:15 AM   #5
Spear One
Retired Comm. Shooter

The first opportunity for the public to see the new Ocean Rhino Speargun will be at Bill Jacksons in Pinellas Park, Fla. on Thursday evening May 7th from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm. This is a free event, there is plenty of room, and is open to anyone who wants to come. I will be there to show the gun and explain all the features, accessories, and capabilities of the gun. I will also let you guys some insight on how the gun was conceived, designed, and produced. I look forward to showing everyone the gun and would love to hear your feedback. If you cannot make it to this one, we are planning several more of these “unveil events” at local dive stores in the Tampa Bay area. I will post dates and times as they are scheduled.

Old 05-02-2009, 08:10 PM   #6
gulfdiver
Nothern Gulf Dive-Aholic

Kevin, When's the New web site coming?
http://www.gulfdiver.net
gulfdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 08:29 PM   #7
Spear One
Retired Comm. Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulfdiver View Post
Kevin, When's the New web site coming?
As son as we finish the new catalog (Monday) we will send the info over to my web designer and we should have it up and running by mid May....... (hopefully).

Old 05-03-2009, 07:14 AM   #8
Spear One
Retired Comm. Shooter

You do not need to make a reservation for the Bill Jacksons premier. This event is being held in the "big room" where we usually do our spearfishing seminars so room is not an issue. This is a very informal event. Just show up and we'll explain everything to you and answer any questions you may have. We will have a several Ocean Rhino guns on display for you to look at and hold so you can get a general feel for the gun. We will have also the cool gun accessories and show you all the rigging options designed into the gun.

We will also have a "split view" gun on display so you can see the trigger & sear, safety, and line drop design. The internal/mechanical components of the Ocean Rhino are precision machined and once you see how well these components fit & work together, you will quickly see why Dan MacMahon & Ricky Hampton from Team HeadHunter were so impressed with the Ocean Rhino gun.

Old 05-03-2009, 07:32 PM   #9
Spear One
Retired Comm. Shooter

Mike from Spearing Magazine took the second "pre-production" Ocean Rhino gun to the Middle Grounds today and I am anxiously awaiting his report. Hopefully he will post his findings when he returns tonight.

Chad Campbell and DJ Strott took the 3rd "pre-production" Ocean Rhino out for a spin today and I am waiting to hear their report as well.

Dan & Ricky from Team HeadHunter have the first "pre-production" Ocean Rhino out for a second time on a commercial trip and they are due back tonight or Monday.

These guys will be doing the final round of testing on the Ocean Rhino gun, (specifically the trigger) and if all reports are good, we will be sending a few guns to local stores around May 8th or 9th.

Old 05-04-2009, 04:19 PM   #10
Spear One
Retired Comm. Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeD
I did take the gun out yesterday and I was extremely impressed. Here are just a few of my observations. For pictures (including my personal best AJ) and more details you will just have to wait for the upcoming issue of SPEARING magazine, which will be out in a few weeks.

1) It was a totally seamless transition from my 52" commercial in terms of accuracy and aiming, allowing me to stone my first three fish. This thing is a sniper. I was expecting some sort of learning curve going to a new gun, but there was none.

2) The gun is so quiet that it kind of threw me off. I am sure Kevin can explain more about this, and even show you how he accomplished this at Bill Jackson's, but the gun makes almost no sound when fired.

My brother and I are always tweaking our equipment to make sure it fits our hunting styles perfectly, leaving the only chance for failure with the operators. But there is almost nothing I would change in Kevin's new Ocean Rhino... except put my name on it so no one steals it. I am pretty sure you will all agree with me once you shoot it.

Look for the newest issue of SPEARING magazine for more info and sweet pictures in the next few weeks!!

Wow............thats good news because I was kind of anxious/nervous to hear your assessment of the Ocean Rhino Speargun. Although it is a vastly different speargun (compared to our Commercial guns) I was hoping the new gun shot just as good or better and it sounds like that held true for you.

The most common feedback we are receiving from the guys who have helped with the field testing on the new Ocean Rhino is............the gun likes to get "torqued up". Meaning, it shoots better and more accurate when you use a shorter band than you may have used on the Commercial guns. This kind of surprised me and I really don't have a clue why. The reality is, thats a good thing because many guys like to shoot with a little extra power and the Ocean Rhino trigger is more than up to the task.

Mike, thanks for taking our new gun for a "test run" and I look forward to reading your review on the new Ocean Rhino Speargun in the May issue of Spearing Magazine.

Old 05-07-2009, 12:27 PM   #11
Spear One
Retired Comm. Shooter

Wanted to remind everyone that we will be showing the new Ocean Rhino Speargun at Bill Jacksons in Pinellas Park, Fl tonight from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm. This event is open to the public and is free of charge. The number at the store is 727-576-4169 if you need location info. Hope to see you there.

Old 05-07-2009, 12:56 PM   #12
LunkerBuster
Hungry Fish

if only it was a little closer to me, I'd love to see it and the presentation...any plans for an unveiling in the southern part of the state?
LunkerBuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 03:22 PM   #13
Spear One
Retired Comm. Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunkerBuster View Post
if only it was a little closer to me, I'd love to see it and the presentation...any plans for an unveiling in the southern part of the state?
My sales manager may do one down there but I'm sure you will be able to see the new Ocean Rhino's at Florida Freedivers or Austins in the near future.

Old 05-07-2009, 07:35 PM   #14
mrwhtfks
Former Newbie!

Send a message via AIM to mrwhtfks

Just back from holding the gun myself. One word to describe it, WOW!!! Another would be options. The new idea's and concepts that were put into this gun are just awesome. Amazing the effect a .02 cent o-ring in the right place will do. The kill package and options are all EXTREMELY well thought out. I look forward to getting one for myself. Kevin you should be extremely proud of your creation.
mrwhtfks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 09:17 PM   #15
Spear One
Retired Comm. Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwhtfks View Post
Just back from holding the gun myself. One word to describe it, WOW!!! Another would be options. The new idea's and concepts that were put into this gun are just awesome. Amazing the effect a .02 cent o-ring in the right place will do. The kill package and options are all EXTREMELY well thought out. I look forward to getting one for myself. Kevin you should be extremely proud of your creation.
Thank you for the kind words and for taking the time to stop by and take a look at our new Ocean Rhino Speargun. We got a lot of positive feedback on the gun tonight. I really enjoyed the opportunity to point out all the design features (even the tiny ones) as every one of them is important to the overall performance of the speargun.

We made the final changes to the grip mold today and we will start assembling guns immediately. We will ship the first Ocean Rhino Spearguns to our dealers late next week.