Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > The Spearboard Tavern > Off Topic Area

Off Topic Area Enjoy a virtual beer at the bar, and talk about anything else on your mind that may not pertain to spearfishing.

Old 01-24-2018, 08:48 PM   #16
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair

Re: Can Yah Help Me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfjf View Post
It was only 90 feet, can't really say for sure?? Oh and by the way, Marcus don't subscribe, I don't want all the people monitoring your internet activity directing their attention toward me...
Do you know something I don't??? *Peeking thru the blinds with tinfoil wrapped around my head yelling "Can yah help me?!". Nah, dude...from that video it appears you've more danger surrounding you than I.

I presume that you do know what makes your videos so funny to people? It's because you're doing something nobody else is doing. You're showing your mistakes/non-filtered side of things that remind people of their own tribulations. For example, that reef donkey giving you the 'what for'. We've all been there, but you captured it on video for us to view, joggle our memory, and laugh at our own remembrance of such. I've certainly have had my ass kicked by a few before I learned to not be their bitch. Anywho, good stuff! I'll try to help you out getting some more subscribers.
“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”
― Frederic Bastiat, The Law

Last edited by Marcus; 01-24-2018 at 09:06 PM.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 12:47 PM   #17
jfjf

Thanks Marcus, if you make a less than good shot, there is not a whole lot you can do, other than hang on and try to grab it. wrapping the line on the wreck and waiting for it to get tired, will be quite likely to result in a meal for the sharks.

The desire/necessity to subdue the fish and minimize the commotion - before the sharks come in, adds to my frustration with the situation.

I still need some more subscribers!!
jfjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 05:49 PM   #18
sacha58

Subscribed, at least I am having fun vicariously

www.c4carbon.com
www.palmbeachfreedivers.com
www.flfreedivers.com
www.polosub.com

sacha58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 07:00 PM   #19
Johnoly
Big Time Bug Hunter

Quote:
...So I have around 700 subscribers and need 300 people to click the subscribe button in the next few weeks. If you haven't done so, please consider it right now....
Just subscribed,,,I'll watch any dive video while we're blown out and gills dry.
Old 02-08-2018, 12:43 AM   #20
CuzzA

Exclamation Re: Can Yah Help Me?

Quote:
So I got a message from Youtube indicating that they are changing their "partnership" policy and they are dumping me UNLESS, I have 1000 subscribers.

Loosing the partnership makes me ineligible for the (very) small amount of $$ I get from views. If you are curious, the reimbursement is something on the order of ... well you figure it out.. I got $5.00 for 23,000 views for my one video in the last week!

This is way more views than I normally get in a week.

So I will probably still be able to eat (porgies and canned corn), if I loose the partnership, but it kinda pisses me off that they are changing the rules after several years.

So I have around 700 subscribers and need 300 people to click the subscribe button in the next few weeks. If you haven't done so, please consider it right now.

https://www.youtube.com/user/whatandwhen2

Thanks!

And what the hell, I had previously kept this video private, but I guess I can let everyone see it. It might be my favorite video, because it so accurately showcases my spearing skills AND calm demeanor while underwater.

Hint: I get my ass handed to me and have a tough time coordinating with my buddy. "Can You Help Me??"

You need to have the sound turned up, and don't play it at work or around the kids!

https://youtu.be/xKQBXXx5Th0

http://youtu.be/xKQBXXx5Th0
YouTube sucks. On a different channel I had my highest revenue month ever last month and then the bastards suspend my monetization claiming duplicate uploads. Total bs, I don't have duplicate uploads. But what can you do? Google runs the show over there. I'd love to see a competitor really give them a run for their money.

Anyway Jim, I'm already subscribed. That video never gets old.

Perhaps you should make a video telling your existing subscribers to share your channel with their friends.
CuzzA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 10:03 AM   #21
florfreediver

Quote:
So I have around 700 subscribers and need 300 people to click the subscribe button in the next few weeks. If you haven't done so, please consider it right now.

[
So, jfjf, what happens when I click the subscribe button?
Am I doomed to receiving hundreds of videos from all those mentioned at that particular site?
I would like to assist just you, but there is a limit :>)
Thanks,
Flfreediver
florfreediver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 01:57 PM   #22
jfjf

I think you just get notifications of new video uploads from your subscription. I subscribe to several channels and it is useful and I am pretty sure they only send notifications of some updates
Old 02-08-2018, 07:26 PM   #23
florfreediver

Quote:
I think you just get notifications of new video uploads from your subscription. I subscribe to several channels and it is useful and I am pretty sure they only send notifications of some updates
Hey Jim.
Is there a way I can just subscribe to your channel?
Does it have a name such as "jfjf the cussing Spearo"?

Damn! My PC ignorance is shining through.
Should be a good time to come out of the closest and admit I am not even a FB member!
OTOH That could also be a good thing so I do not have to see what "Chilli Pip" is up to with the Club.
Regards,
Mike.
florfreediver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 07:34 AM   #24
jfjf

Thanks Mike click the link at the bottom of my signature and then click on subscribe, in red on the right of the page.
Old 02-27-2018, 07:48 AM   #25
jfjf

Well they de-monetized me.. still need a bunch of subscribers..I guess you have to be able to walk on water to make Google happy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDBrrbKkf5o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDBrrbKkf5o
Old 02-27-2018, 05:50 PM   #26
SJ_Spearo

A lot of YouTubers are struggling with the new demonetization policies. I know there are a few workarounds out there, but the one that I see pulling through is Basic Attention Token (BAT). BAT utilizes the Brave internet browser. This browser by default blocks all ads and spam (It is super fast too). The basis is that advertisers will need to buy tokens in order to post their ads on videos and other content online. Those tokens are distributed between the content creator and the viewer. The tokens have a cash value based on the current market and will be held on an online wallet. You can either hold them or transfer them to an exchange to cash them in immediately. The technology is still in its infancy, but it's a cool project and it would basically cut youtube out of the decision of who gets paid what. I know a lot of bigger youtubers are utilizing it. It would make sense to become a verified publisher (it doesn't cost anything to sign up). I'll certainly watch your videos and contribute.
SJ_Spearo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 06:56 PM   #27
jfjf

That sounds almost as crazy as bit coin.. I may have to look into it..Thanks
Old 02-27-2018, 07:21 PM   #28
SJ_Spearo

It works on a similar block chain concept. But you can eliminate the risk by just converting to USD as soon as you receive it
SJ_Spearo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 12:24 PM   #29
jfjf

Well it seems like some people are pressing the subscribe button. I still need almost another 200 however.

For some reason this video from several weeks ago is getting a lot of views.

https://youtu.be/TF5CztcES3M

Old 03-10-2018, 02:06 PM   #30
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair

Well, if this doesn't work out for you, jf, you could always make money teaching the art of underwater talking. Nice haul of lobster, btw.
“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”
― Frederic Bastiat, The Law
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote