Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > California Spearfishing

California Spearfishing Talk here about spearfishing on California's Pacific Coast, and post those reports and photos!

Old 09-21-2015, 08:38 PM   #1
rysgates

What Blades Fit What Foot Pocket?

Specifically I have Cressi Gara Modulars (the foot pocket is super comfortable and fits me really well), and I am thinking about picking up some fiberglass blades for them this winter. I would consider carbon if its really worth it, but it's so much more expensive. The Cressi carbon blades are off the charts expensive, so there is no way that I am buying those. If you have a set of foot pockets, with a different brand blade in them let me know and tell me how you like the blade. For the benefit of other readers this thread is not limited to just Cressi friendly blades. Thank You!
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
=___________________________________________
llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll lllllllllllllllll````````/
///////\ |
//////----
/////
rysgates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 10:39 PM   #2
fussa
Christos

Re: What Blades Fit What Foot Pocket?

Go carbon and you won't regret it. You will end up saving money if you skip the fiberglass.
fussa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 04:13 AM   #3
FullFlavorPike

I have a set of old Omer Bat 30 blades. They're stiff as hell, so great if you're a bigger guy. They're weird in that they have zero bend in them where they attach to the footpockets. They might fit in the Cressi pockets, since I think the Cressi's only have like ten degrees of bend in them, or something minimal like that. I think you'll find it hard to fit most mainstream glass or carbon blades in the Cressi pockets, since the bend is so minimal, but the Omers might fit. Some people say they'll just break if you put them in a curved footpocket, but they're fantastically strong and they were built to fit older Omer pockets that had a very slight bend.

Anyways, I'm in Europe till mid-October, but when I come back to California, you're welcome to the blades. I'm not using them for anything and will trade them for something, or sell for short money, if you decide you want to try glass blades and can't find any to fit.
FullFlavorPike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 06:03 PM   #4
rysgates

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullFlavorPike View Post
I have a set of old Omer Bat 30 blades. They're stiff as hell, so great if you're a bigger guy. They're weird in that they have zero bend in them where they attach to the footpockets. They might fit in the Cressi pockets, since I think the Cressi's only have like ten degrees of bend in them, or something minimal like that. I think you'll find it hard to fit most mainstream glass or carbon blades in the Cressi pockets, since the bend is so minimal, but the Omers might fit. Some people say they'll just break if you put them in a curved footpocket, but they're fantastically strong and they were built to fit older Omer pockets that had a very slight bend.

Anyways, I'm in Europe till mid-October, but when I come back to California, you're welcome to the blades. I'm not using them for anything and will trade them for something, or sell for short money, if you decide you want to try glass blades and can't find any to fit.
Thank you, PM me when you get back, I may be interested!
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
=___________________________________________
llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll lllllllllllllllll````````/
///////\ |
//////----
/////
rysgates is offline   Reply With Quote