Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > General Topics (Non-regional) > General Spearfishing & Diving Discussion

General Spearfishing & Diving Discussion This is where you post to discuss general spearfishing topics that could apply to any region.

Old 06-25-2015, 02:06 PM   #1
alexheat

Going from Palm Beach to Moraine/Walkers

Hey guys,
I am in the process of planning a week long Bahamas spearfishing trip for early August. I was wondering if you guys could help me map/chart a way to Moraine Cay. Also, any knowledge of islands that have good freediving spots (up to 50 feet) that are around/on the way to Moraine Cay would be greatly appreciated! As an FYI, my boat cruises at around 17 knots - a little slow i know.

Thanks
alexheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 02:39 PM   #2
Ryfish

Re: Going from Palm Beach to Moraine/Walkers

Get the Bahamas cruising guide for travel through the abacos its lays out all the channels and GPS coordernates to go to and from when cruising; real easy to follow. As far as spots to spear.... its real easy over there, depending on your skill level you can dive the coral heads on the inside of the barrier reef or if you can dive deeper the outside of the reef can be real good. Just keep eye out for sharks in that area as they can get bad; only shot a couple fish then move to a new spot.
Old 06-25-2015, 09:35 PM   #3
straycat
straycat

Re: Going from Palm Beach to Moraine/Walkers

If its your boat and you have a gps/chartplotter.
They normally have recommended routes built in to help you safely navigate to your Bahama destination.
Learn the units capability and you will feel confident.
straycat is offline   Reply With Quote