Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > California Spearfishing

California Spearfishing Talk here about spearfishing on California's Pacific Coast, and post those reports and photos!

Old 08-05-2018, 03:06 PM   #1
Bob Ballew

The Giant Bluefin have Arrived...

...The big bluefin have moved north by northeast of their previous locations below San Clemente Island. This inside run puts them between the Mackeral Bank and the 277 bank and all the way up behind Catalina toward the Osborn/Santa Barbara island area. Soon, the channel island guys will have a close by shot at them , probably just below Santa Cruz on the 153 bank and the flats (called the "footprint" on maps)...
...Yesterday, the "shiners" (big fish over 250 lbs ) were seen rolling on the surface in the channel between Catalina and SCI. It would not surprise me to find them on Farnsworth bank and in the canyon leading inshore toward Shark Harbor...My gameplan would be to zigzag across the edges of the tempbreak up thru the 499 area to Santa Barbara island, depending on where the blue comes in to the edge of the green (plankton rich/baitfish areas)...marlin and swordfish like that area as
well....yellowfin should be here shortly...
...Closer to home, there are big yellows on squid on the s/w side of Catalina; wsb and yt at San Nic and SBI, and still a large patch of mixed gamefish below and inside San Clemente island...
"I was feeling job stress, my life was a mess...I went to see a doctor I know"...He said, "It's obvious your itchin, you gotta go fishin"...come back... and see me in 10 days"...The Dorados cd, with Spanish/steel guitar backup....good cd to play as you are heading due west....

Last edited by Bob Ballew; 08-05-2018 at 06:52 PM.
Bob Ballew is offline   Reply With Quote