Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > General Topics (Non-regional) > Spearfishing Regulations

Spearfishing Regulations This area is for the topic of existing or proposed Spearfishing Regulations.

Old 03-17-2010, 05:58 AM   #1
Ray Odor

Don't want to start a riot, but.

Obama’s Latest Assault on Freedom– New Regulations Will Ban Sport Fishing

Barack Obama has a message for America’s 60,000,000 anglers– We don’t need you.

The American Sportfishing Association reported back in October about the sweeping changes proposed by the Obama Administration in regards to the sport fishing industry:

A sweeping oceans and Great Lakes management policy document proposed by the Obama Administration will have a significant impact on the sportfishing industry, America’s saltwater anglers and the nation’s coastal communities. The draft policy, the Interim Report of the Interagency Ocean Policy Task Force, issued on September 17, will govern federal Pacific and Atlantic Ocean waters and Great Lakes resource conservation and management and will coordinate these efforts among federal, state and local agencies. This past June, President Obama created the Interagency Ocean Policy Task Force, led by the Chair of the Council on Environmental Quality (CEQ), to develop a draft national policy and implementation strategy for conserving and managing the United States ocean territory and the Great Lakes.

Now it looks like the Obama Administration is going to move ahead with these restrictions.

Ray
Old 05-05-2010, 06:58 PM   #2
Tlong

Re: Don't want to start a riot, but.

I haven't done a lot of research on this Obama character, but didn't he say that he grew up spearfishing or something with his dad? I can't wait for 2012 to get here, for two reasons. 1) New election, and 2) the zombies are coming and I'm going to get some trigger time in!!
Tlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 04:22 PM   #3
Spearo56
Water is still wet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tlong View Post
I haven't done a lot of research on this Obama character, but didn't he say that he grew up spearfishing or something with his dad? I can't wait for 2012 to get here, for two reasons. 1) New election, and 2) the zombies are coming and I'm going to get some trigger time in!!
Ditto!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepshead View Post
It needs a good dose of fish blood every week. Just put it in the ocean, it knows what to do.
BORN BRED AND SALTWATER FED

Aimrite Venom Comp 100 w/RA reel
Omer Cayman HF 90
Riffe Comp 2x
RA 90
Omer Cayman 45
Custom bubba mid handle 40"
6ft crist
Spearo56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 11:53 AM   #4
koji2u

so carry some extra shafts for the person who tries to stop you......
koji2u is offline   Reply With Quote