Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > The Spearboard Tavern > Off Topic Area

Off Topic Area Enjoy a virtual beer at the bar, and talk about anything else on your mind that may not pertain to spearfishing.

Old 05-28-2019, 05:05 PM   #1
OBLIGATED

Bigfoot

https://www.wkyt.com/content/news/Po...510489921.html

Going to have the wife manscape my body so no dumbass shoots me.

A few years ago some college kids did a run across a road at night here with hunting season in full swing.Lucky to be alive.
One of my old party buddies got shot at on Alligator Alley in the late 70s running across as vehicles got close.An old florida cracker got out and emptied a 30/30 into the trees.My buddy sobered up fast.
Show me a body or actual clear photo and then I will believe.Until then its a good story to tell the Grandkids at night when camping.
Old 05-28-2019, 05:15 PM   #2
jersymudsniper

Re: Bigfoot

People have trail cameras all over the place all year long. Durring hunting season and even off season getting tally on trophy prospects. There would be clear pics of bigfoot by now. However i did see alians about 20yrs ago.
jersymudsniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 05:49 PM   #3
Shootinfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by jersymudsniper View Post
People have trail cameras all over the place all year long. Durring hunting season and even off season getting tally on trophy prospects. There would be clear pics of bigfoot by now. However i did see alians about 20yrs ago.
This. Not to mention, we have the capability to put people on the moon, and stay in space for a year or more at a time, yet we can't seem to find Bigfoot...come on now.
Old 05-28-2019, 10:40 PM   #4
OBLIGATED

DNR here like Florida denied cougars/panthers/mountain lions were here in numbers.One of the outdoor magazines asked for people to submit their photos.Literally pages of cougars walking in front of game cams.Not one was black.Everyone seems to have had a sighting of the famous black panthers.Its not possible for the panther/cougars to be black say the experts.Jaguars and leopards can be black though.
Lots of evidence within days for the cats.Never ANY evidence of a bigfoot or skunk ape.I know some of the Nations have stories of them in their folklore but with all the technology out there we should have a clear pic or a body by now if there was a big ape roaming the Americas.
It would be cool to see a new discovered species but most likely it will be very small or in extreme depths of the oceans.
Old 05-28-2019, 10:41 PM   #5
OBLIGATED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jersymudsniper View Post
I used to see Aliens at Home Depot in the parking lot.None tried to probe me though.
Old 05-28-2019, 10:47 PM   #6
OBLIGATED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shootinfish View Post
This. Not to mention, we have the capability to put people on the moon, and stay in space for a year or more at a time, yet we can't seem to find Bigfoot...come on now.
If you get some 2x10 pine and cut some big feet out with straps and run a barefoot ski boom off the side of a pickup or swamp buggy you can leave an impressive trail for "experts"to study.
Old 05-29-2019, 04:58 PM   #7
riplipper
Relax, a beer will help

I wear a size 15 shoe.....I am big foot!
Old 05-29-2019, 06:41 PM   #8
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBLIGATED View Post
My apologies...I've friends around there I often visit when they have crazy parties. I usually walk naked back to my hotel drunk.
“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”
― Frederic Bastiat, The Law
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 12:39 PM   #9
OBLIGATED

There is a "Bigfoot Museum"in Cherry Log/Blue Ridge.Im sure the post was to generate business.
If I want to take someone out to see a bear,mountain lion,bobcat or coyote in the wild I dont bring a bunch of people and gear.Yet these guys want to charge a group of fools for "expeditions"to "squatchy"areas.
PT Barnum was right.

Anyone want to do a Snipe hunt.I will supply the bags and flashlights for modest sum of $100 per hunter.Minimum 10 hunters per group for "safety reasons"
Old 05-30-2019, 12:55 PM   #10
Shootinfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBLIGATED View Post
There is a "Bigfoot Museum"in Cherry Log/Blue Ridge.Im sure the post was to generate business.
If I want to take someone out to see a bear,mountain lion,bobcat or coyote in the wild I dont bring a bunch of people and gear.Yet these guys want to charge a group of fools for "expeditions"to "squatchy"areas.
PT Barnum was right.

Anyone want to do a Snipe hunt.I will supply the bags and flashlights for modest sum of $100 per hunter.Minimum 10 hunters per group for "safety reasons"
I would be willing to go in halves on a business venture taking people out to search for loch Ness too lol
Old 05-30-2019, 06:06 PM   #11
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair

Hmmm...maybe I should try my hand at Skunk Ape excursions. I could smoke some skunk bud at the same time and say 'You guys smell that!" That right 'der is a Skunk Ape! ...and get rich walking the woods while smokin' weed.
“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”
― Frederic Bastiat, The Law
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 09:06 PM   #12
popgun pete

With satellites and thermal imaging cameras, which must have moved on since as depicted in the movie "Patriot Games" (may have been slightly exaggerated tech back then) you would think that any high mountain hominids would have been sighted by now as at some time they have to be moving around foraging. Could be there was something around a century or more ago, but has long since died out as the population fell below sustainable levels. Formerly remote areas are now often frequented by people, so the chances of an encounter should have gone up, but no reports for many years that have any credibility.
popgun pete is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 10:29 AM   #13
OBLIGATED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Hmmm...maybe I should try my hand at Skunk Ape excursions. I could smoke some skunk bud at the same time and say 'You guys smell that!" That right 'der is a Skunk Ape! ...and get rich walking the woods while smokin' weed.
Could do Paddleboard tours and have one called Herbal American tour.Make money and not mislead anyone.Big Yoga board with underwater lights and a cooler full of goodies for night cruises.
If you hike the AT or float down any of the rivers here you will soon smell weed.
Old 05-31-2019, 10:31 AM   #14
OBLIGATED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shootinfish View Post
I would be willing to go in halves on a business venture taking people out to search for loch Ness too lol
A lot of my family come from that area.
Old 05-31-2019, 10:40 AM   #15
Ron S

A few years ago the show, "Finding Bigfoot" did a segment here in Truckee. It was hilarious to watch these guys sneaking around in a "remote area", hearing their bigfoot sounds, etc. They used some very clever camera angles and managed to block out the sounds of the freeway they were a couple hundred yards from, and the houses they were even closer to.

I told my wife that when I retired I wanted to try and get on that show, but now, I just don't want to be that stoned all the time...
Ron S is offline   Reply With Quote