Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Florida East Coast Spearfishing

Florida East Coast Spearfishing Let's talk here about spearing on Florida's Atlantic coast. Reports and other issues about this region belong here.

Old 09-11-2010, 01:28 PM   #1
Ryfish

9/11 LWI Bluewater

Went out at 6:00 am and found some flaoting logs. Had Mahi on them nothing huge , but good eaters. It was myslelf, Killer Kanuck, Wayne, and Killian. We were back at noon.

Get out there the ocean is like a lake right now.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo[1].jpg
Views:	525
Size:	142.5 KB
ID:	136229   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	494
Size:	141.8 KB
ID:	136232  
Ryfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 01:32 PM   #2
waynewpb

Re: 9/11 LWI Bluewater

Beautiful day on the ocean. Gotta give it to Killian for slayin that Mutton in green bad vis water.

Bulit this pose is for you
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mahi day 1.jpg
Views:	451
Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	136230   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mahi day 2.jpg
Views:	407
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	136231  
waynewpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 04:51 PM   #3
Bulit7

Sexy beast!

Nice Dorados!!
Bulit7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 07:14 PM   #4
PressureDro

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynewpb View Post
Bulit this pose is for you
PressureDro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 08:32 PM   #5
plngl

good job cant beat that, i went to work
plngl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 10:00 PM   #6
Mobile Diver

Nice Mahis!!
305 849 0866
Mobile Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 07:53 AM   #7
Bulit7

Wow! This has the potential to be a great thread!!

We need GT to chime in!!

-----------------------------

On a serious note. Making friends and being nice is a much easier and better way to get thru life.
Bulit7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 07:58 AM   #8
headhunter561
Rob

nice haul Ryan and crew, looking forward to wahoo season!
headhunter561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 07:59 AM   #9
primalpete

that being said it is worth it going out there at the right times but blindly going out into the desert week after week is just not very effective. this time of year you are better off looking for hoos on the edge of the reef around the full moon. come jan and feb there will be a surge of fish offshore, enough so to merit spending a good amount of time in the bluewater
primalpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 08:07 AM   #10
Ryfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by headhunter561 View Post
nice haul Ryan and crew, looking forward to wahoo season!
Can't wait to get you out there Rob and yes next full Moon will be good!
Old 09-12-2010, 08:43 AM   #11
Ryfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by primalpete View Post
ok ive had enough. no one care about your bluewater gas wasting expliots. we all know dolphin are dumb as shit and easy to spear and wahoo arent that much more difficult. why dont you learn to dive past 20ft and shoot some fish on the reef that arent retarded.
Ahhh someone must be upset that they are not out on the water this beautiful weekend? I did notice on your stats the last time you posted a thread about killing fish was over a year ago. I hope you just never start threads. If you haven't shot any fish in over a year, well that is sad.....

No one ever claimed that dolphin are hard to shoot, esp. the smaller ones. But the bigger ones..... I've had a 1 or 2 give me the slip. Its not just shooting the fish for us any way, a big part of it is the hunt, and getting out there and having the antispation of finding something that might hold fish that is half the fun.

Any way I don't feel I have to defend bluewater hunting, most people don't do it because you come up empty about 75% of the time and it is expensive, luckly I have some good friends that like to go. We know when and were to get them.

Regards to shooting and landing wahoo, dude there is nothing easy about doing that. If you have spent time hunting them other then just when they are thick in the fall or early winter around full moons, you would know that there is nothing easy about landing them. I hope you put up some bluewater wahoo reports to prove me wrong though?

O and the 20ft dive remark...... My deepest freedive is 105feet and am comfortable hunting 60+ there are many freedivers better then me ( and I have dove/dive with them), but I try make it up in persistence and sheer number of times out. LOL. Also if you want to see reef spearing check out the thread from a month ago in the the Bahamas or 2 months before that in the Marquesas that I posted. As long as you are questioning my cred as a diver, I lived in the lower Keys for 6 years in my early 20's and speared the reefs weekly. No need for me to dig up those 10 year old+ photos is there? I enjoy reef diving, but let me say bluewater is way more exciting, if nothing just for the anticipation of shooting huge fish and never knowing what you will see, and knowing not to many people do it.

When was your last report again on shooting fish?

Last edited by Ryfish; 09-12-2010 at 09:45 AM.
Old 09-12-2010, 08:47 AM   #12
Ryfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinigordo View Post
Just a guess but I am assuming his problem is not with how dumb the fish actually was but rather with how you and your fuqtard friends keep shitting on everyone's scuba catch reports...

I've wanted to shit on your reports for a long time and he just beat me to punch.

+1 PrimalPete
LOL. Ditto as above I posted for Pete. I see you have NEVER posted a report on shooting fish? I see that you were trying to get out on other peoples boats though, might want figure out a nicer way to treat other SB's if that is still the case?
Old 09-12-2010, 08:51 AM   #13
Ryfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynewpb View Post
Your right Primal, but what makes you think we have been going way offshore for Mahi. Recently we haven't been. Just kind of harsh from a fellow freediver. I have never even written a thread, so I guess you are referring to Ryfish. If you look at his threads there have been many nice trips with good fish other than Mahi, and wahoo are not easy to shoot.
Don't be a hypocrite you have written threads on shooting Mahi. I don't want to wait until certain times of year. When I'm eating my fresh coconut crusted dolphin fingers today for football I'm not going to be thinking I shouldn't have gone.
LOL. Yes that is how I cooked my MAhi last night sooooo good.

BTW read Primal's past threads he started. I don't think he is a freediver.
Old 09-12-2010, 09:27 AM   #14
Ryfish

I want to clear the air here..... I don't have anything against you Pete or you Trin heck I don't even know either of you. I am sure both are good guys in person, and you can come out on my boat any time.

I think there has been a little to much guff given on the Scuba vs Freediving and people are taking it personally, as it shows in this thread.

I love to hunt and live for it, and enjoy every ones reports (scuba included) and am all for the sport of spearing. Any one that knows me personally knows that is the case.

I might think it is easier to shoot fish on scuba, but I am smart enough to know that for this sport to continue we will need scuba divers AND freedivers invested in the sport and spending money and joining the fish clubs and the like.

Lets try not take things to seriously myself included. After all in the end we are all just looking to have fun, and get away from the daily grind it doesn't matter how we do it in the over all scheme of things.

So get out there and shoot some fish today! I wish I could be...... I'm stuck working on the computer all day.

Last edited by Ryfish; 09-12-2010 at 09:38 AM.
Old 09-12-2010, 09:40 AM   #15
Trinigordo
M.I.A.

I seriously have a problem with what you guys do... and I am not talking about on the water and killing any species of fish in any manner you choose.

My problem is with what is done on spearboard and how it seems like I always see Ryfish, Mackdaddy and Wayne moaning about scooters, scuba tanks, lift bags, or what ever the hell it is.

- Mikey
Trinigordo is offline   Reply With Quote