Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Buddy Networking -- Let's Go Hunting! > Private Trips -Florida

Private Trips -Florida Here is your area for finding hunting buddies. Have extra room on your boat? Looking for a boat to jump on? Post here!

Old 10-02-2015, 10:56 AM   #31
Andre Zamorano

Re: Abacos liveaboard spearfishing trip.

When are you planning your next trip?
Andre Zamorano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 02:13 PM   #32
RBainer

steve could you message some details
RBainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 09:53 AM   #33
batespartyof5

Very interested Steve. Sent pm
batespartyof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 06:52 PM   #34
striper123

Steve, are you planning a trip this year to Abacos? I sent you a pm.
striper123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 09:18 PM   #35
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair

I can't believe I've missed this thread. Steve and Lynn are good people. Steve and another friend helped deliver this most excellent boat from LA (Lower Alabama) to Sarasota w/ some very interesting spearfishing along the way. Some very delicious Tripletail was involved.
Anywho, Steve and Lynn are good peeps...very laid back.

Steve, check your PM.
“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”
― Frederic Bastiat, The Law
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 12:56 PM   #36
Ryfish

Bahamian- With all do respect. I know Steve personally and have been on numerous trips with him to your country and as he clearly states though out this thread he does not do charters it is a cost sharing. He doesn't make any money from these trips. He just likes to be over there sharing the experiences and showing new people your beautiful country and outer islands it helps make it affordable for everyone including himself.

Also he spends a lot of time at the out islands like Grande and Treasure and takes days at a time spending money there and getting supplies.

Also the people that he has been on there trips with over the years, a good number of them have fallen in love with your country and diving over there and go back with out him and rent hotels and stay other places further improving your country so please look at the big picture here. Please re-read Steves posts on this thread. He clearly states numerous times it is not a charter and he doesn't make any money. Its just sharing in the fuel prices and check in fees and other expenses.

Steve is making your country better and bringing and making future travelers to your country and people spending money.
Old 05-10-2016, 03:08 PM   #37
KILLIAN
from lurker to legend...

Bahamian,
Thank you for your comments and 8 think your concerns are well intended and worded respectfully so I thank you for that.

Steve has certainly made many trips over the the last 30 years and has introduced many dozens of people to your homeland with a great many of then choosing to return themselves by thier own boat or plane . So I conclude the abacos have benifited by his trips.
As I too know Steve personally I can attest that he practices mindful spearing of fish taking no more than his immediate needs.

Yes there are boats traveling across for hire and allowing people to pay great sums of money to be guided on to reefs to capture fish. I do not support these operations and I oppose them strongly voicing my opinion that they should all stop immediately. These fellas are blatant with thier marketing of these trips and when the law goes looking for them it won't be hard to make a legit case and prosecute.

Please keep up your mission to preserve the bahamas , but please be sure to.target the correct people to avoid a senseless witch hunt that will only degrade tourist relations.

Thank you again for your efforts. When I am in Abaco again soon it would be great to meet and share a Sands/kalik/rum
Old 05-10-2016, 03:28 PM   #38
Bahamian

I deleted my post. I appreciate the feed back and reassurance that Steve is simply doing what he loves, and doing so responsibly. I have seen guys that come over from the states and fill up their coolers with hundreds of pounds of fillet just to run back to the US and sell the fish. I'm just looking out for my home reefs and the livelihoods of those who live here.

All the best.

Last edited by Bahamian; 05-10-2016 at 03:40 PM.
Bahamian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 09:45 AM   #39
stevemc1
Firmly imbeded member

Hey guys, sorry I have not been on here in a very long time. Yes, I am still going to the Abacos, I went a couple times last year. I do plan to go again soon and will post prior to going, well in advance. I am not with Lynn any more, long story, we broke up about 2 years ago. been with a few girls semi- long term, since and now with a really good girl, I feel will be forever. She does like the boat, diving and travel, but has yet to go to the Abacos with me. I will keep you all posted. Steve
stevemc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 09:59 AM   #40
SEA_ARCHER
The Ocean is Calling

Good news! I have heard from guys how amazing your trips are!
SEA_ARCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 01:03 PM   #41
Supersnapper

Hi Steve,
I saw your post and was wondering roughly what would be the price to take 4 divers over for a week?

Thanks Ryan
Supersnapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 05:33 PM   #42
kylo1597
Pro Snorkeler

congrats on the new lady! My wife and I would love to join you later this summer if you have the space