Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > California Spearfishing

California Spearfishing Talk here about spearfishing on California's Pacific Coast, and post those reports and photos!

Old 03-17-2020, 06:28 PM   #91
Bob Ballew

Re: Some Thoughts on Financial Survival

There are some things we can all do to help each other...For us, it is checking on several elderly (older than me) neighbors who live alone, taking them some dinner from time to time...To support several small restaurants we like, we will be ordering food to go and tipping the staff twice what we would normally do...For our renters who have helped us to achieve financial success and who are in the service industry (read, as in low wages), we are preparing to reduce their rent for the coming months. Any other ideas for us to consider is appreciated.....We are all in the same boat, badly in need of a rudder.....

Last edited by Bob Ballew; 03-18-2020 at 01:33 PM.
Bob Ballew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 01:58 AM   #92
CaliDiverDan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy7 View Post
if you are not already doing cardio.... get on it. pick something you like and start slowly but Start! if you are a nicotine addict (any form) take this time to Stop! be healthy, it might be life or death for you. love love
I got some cardio in today foraging in the woods. Found some Artists Conk and Turkey Tail mushrooms which are very strong anti-virals and pro-immune boosters Brewing up a tea with them now in the crock-pot). Also found nettles, oyster mushrooms, lions mane mushroom, and miners lettuce. All free, no crowds and had a great day outside.
CaliDiverDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 03:34 AM   #93
PigStikr
The Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDiverDan View Post
I got some cardio in today foraging in the woods. Found some Artists Conk and Turkey Tail mushrooms which are very strong anti-virals and pro-immune boosters Brewing up a tea with them now in the crock-pot). Also found nettles, oyster mushrooms, lions mane mushroom, and miners lettuce. All free, no crowds and had a great day outside.
Coolness. I got my cardio eating corned beef and cabbage for St. Paddy's.
Alfonso called me a 'stalker' in a post to this thread, so I changed my 'custom title' - below the user name - to The Stalker. There are a lot of WSB out there who would agree. Thanks Alfonso! You can change yours to 'the troll'.
Old 03-18-2020, 10:42 AM   #94
Bob Ballew

As things continue to go downhill, it will be tougher for us to follow mom's advice: "Play nice"...Based on my faith in the American way of life, I bought Ford this morning at $4.47 a share...Oh no, I have already lost 6 cents a share!.... And, as usual in my life, a half hour after buying the stock, Ford announced the closure of all North American plants until further notice.... Now, if it drops to $2 a share, I will do what all loyal Americans would do, make a Las Vegas play and double down the bet....A year from now, you can say, "Boy, the old bastard is pretty smart" or, on the other hand, "A fool and his money are soon parted"....(Ben Franklin in "The Way to Wealth".. circa 1758).

Tip o the day: My plumbing buddy suggested I pass on his advice....If you run out of toilet paper, don't put table napkins or roll paper down your toilets..It won't dissolve and will clog up your sewer line; then, he will have to charge you $100 to clear the lines....

Last edited by Bob Ballew; 03-18-2020 at 04:37 PM.
Old 03-18-2020, 11:22 AM   #95
tommy7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDiverDan View Post
Nice
Old 03-18-2020, 05:25 PM   #96
Lompoc Local
Errin

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Star View Post
Fear over a depression is not warranted. This is not a big enough thing to cause a depression. The media was very muted and nonplussed over the epidemics under the Obama administration's watch. They are hysterical under Trumps watch. The truth will come out soon enough, and then they will move on to something else to try and undermine Trump in order to defeat him in November.

Russian collusion, impeachment over Ukraine phone call, Corona Virus...when one gambit fails, they try another. Y'all are being whipped up into a frenzy over a relatively small event.
Yo North Star, you still backing this garbage up? You still think this is political?

Or did Fox News finally change their tune, and you're following their lead?

And Bob, rather than couch jockeying and waxing poetic about how we should come together, here's a couple more shots of someone actually getting out and crushing some fish. No Bloody Deck reports or Bob Ballew advice needed!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EB Foursome.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	144.5 KB
ID:	245159   Click image for larger version

Name:	Toad.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	142.5 KB
ID:	245160  

Lompoc Local is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 06:01 PM   #97
Bob Ballew

Hmm, nice photoshopped garibaldi...give us all a break and take your negativism and sarcasm over to another site...try posting a story or info to go with the photos, for once...that would be something positive coming from you...why is it that some people in life just can't resist being a total jackass? Then, again, why do I allow myself to be baited by dumbass trolls?...Must be a weakness of character on my part.....

Last edited by Bob Ballew; 03-18-2020 at 06:25 PM.
Old 03-18-2020, 06:31 PM   #98
Lompoc Local
Errin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Ballew View Post
Hmm, nice photoshopped garibaldi...give us all a break and take your negativism and sarcasm over to another site...try posting a story or info to go with the photos, for once...that would be something positive coming from you...why is it that some people in life just can't resist being a total jackass?
Ya Trumpers really get my goat.

And so do people who post specific reports on the internet. Why don't you try posting something from your own trips for once. Never once seen a photo of you holding something that you caught yourself. I get the sense you don't actually dive or fish and the Parker is probably gathering cobwebs in your driveway. The weather has been epic off and on for the last two months and still nothing from you...

Just a bunch of reports you compiled from other people who actually go out while you're sitting on the couch clamoring for the attention you so desperately desire on the interwebs…

Have a great day buddy!

Lompoc Local is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 07:10 PM   #99
tommy7

So much anger these days.... Everyone is stressed. for those who hate Trump (I never voted for him), the writing is on the wall. He will be around another 4 years so that just adds to the anger and stress for those people. This pandemic will be Trumps chance to shine and shine he will. so what to do, what to do. focus on the things that you can control and take a step back from those things you can't.... BTW, I have a strategy for "Road Rage" too : Never give chase. Just let the creep go until he finds another creep and gets dealt with. Love love
Old 03-18-2020, 08:14 PM   #100
Bob Ballew

...Taking a step back is probably good advice...several little birdies tweeted me today that rumors are afloat of a little scheme to get me banned from Spearboard...the plot goes something like this...Bait the old bastard until he overreacts and violates the no bashing rules...If it works, no Ballew to give out info on the elitist crowds "secret spots" owned only by them...So, if I disappear, it will be from their successful efforts or....another possibility,... the Good Wife bashed me over the head with a 2x4 so I will spend more time with her and less time on the internet...I shall try to behave...

Then, again...…………….

Last edited by Bob Ballew; 03-18-2020 at 08:22 PM.
Old 03-19-2020, 12:41 AM   #101
CaliDiverDan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Ballew View Post
...Taking a step back is probably good advice...several little birdies tweeted me today that rumors are afloat of a little scheme to get me banned from Spearboard...the plot goes something like this...Bait the old bastard until he overreacts and violates the no bashing rules...If it works, no Ballew to give out info on the elitist crowds "secret spots" owned only by them...So, if I disappear, it will be from their successful efforts or....another possibility,... the Good Wife bashed me over the head with a 2x4 so I will spend more time with her and less time on the internet...I shall try to behave...

Then, again...…………….
You should start your own website if you get banned. "www.im bob ballew, how do you do? i'll help you find fish in two thousand and, uh, er, um, what year is it again?.com" Just joking! But actually kinda serious about you starting your own website. Followers=adds=$. Copy and archive all of your spear board posts now. It would be a shame if they were lost. A lot of history there.
Old 03-19-2020, 12:45 AM   #102
CaliDiverDan

Also, if YOU get banned for bashing someone, then 90% of the spear bored members should have been banned YEARS ago!
Old 03-19-2020, 01:01 AM   #103
CaliDiverDan

And I'm having a hard time telling if this loooong feud between you and Lomopc Local is ball busting friendly banter or if you actually have beef with each other.
Old 03-19-2020, 03:47 AM   #104
PigStikr
The Stalker

Bob probably pronounced it lompoc instead of loam poke. They take that seriously there, no kidding.

Anybody think more deaths will be caused by shutting the world down than by the virus?
Old 03-19-2020, 10:25 AM   #105
tommy7

Bob, seriously, you are not that important! Truly time to "take a step back". Haha