Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Boating > All About Diving and Fishing Boats

All About Diving and Fishing Boats We sure love boats for what we do! This forum is for boating related discussion from engines to ladders to trailers to propellers and the list goes on and on.....

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-20-2009, 05:51 AM   #16
lobzila

Re: 03 Suzuki Df 140 Drive shaft housing and bushing-shot. HELP

If you got them in 03 with the extended warranty, you should be on the tail end of that. Any chance of Suzuki fixing it under there plan?
lobzila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 06:32 PM   #17
Ranger1

The warranty doesn't cover corrosion or anything caused by corrosion, as I was told directly from Suz.........they build it crappy which causes the corrosion issue, and then will not fix it. When I questioned the Suz rep about a design flaw he got very defensive and our conversation got real short.
Ranger1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:11 PM   #18
straycat
straycat

I noticed that my 2004 DF115 was making a bubbling sound underwater at idle and decided to take the lower unit off for a check see. I did have the sqeeking sound about 6 months prior and figured the bushing was to blame , but it was only once at idle so I ignored it.
Well the busing was atop the water pump and the driveshaft housing was corroded like the above post , thru to the exhaust chamber area.
I own a machine shop, so Tomorrow I am going to machine an aluminum bushing that I will fit into the corroded housing with marine tex on the OD of the round housing.
This should make this area 1/2" thick and the driveshaft will go thru the center of this bushing ( loose fit) as I don't want to trap water above the bushing like Suzuki did which caused all these issues in the first place.

update:
Bushing installed and engine running/sounding like new.
If anyone needs this fix , I can provide the bushing for $250 with instructions , easy to install!
Old 10-05-2014, 07:30 AM   #19
Gator97dwb

Quote:
Originally Posted by straycat View Post
I noticed that my 2004 DF115 was making a bubbling sound underwater at idle and decided to take the lower unit off for a check see. I did have the sqeeking sound about 6 months prior and figured the bushing was to blame , but it was only once at idle so I ignored it.
Well the busing was atop the water pump and the driveshaft housing was corroded like the above post , thru to the exhaust chamber area.
I own a machine shop, so Tomorrow I am going to machine an aluminum bushing that I will fit into the corroded housing with marine tex on the OD of the round housing.
This should make this area 1/2" thick and the driveshaft will go thru the center of this bushing ( loose fit) as I don't want to trap water above the bushing like Suzuki did which caused all these issues in the first place.

update:
Bushing installed and engine running/sounding like new.
If anyone needs this fix , I can provide the bushing for $250 with instructions , easy to install!

I am dealing with issue now. Were you able to remove the drive shaft housing from the oil pan without removing the powerhead? Was the upper section of the engine stable with only the upper mount attached. I have all the bolts loose on lower mount that attaches to the driveshaft housing but I am hesitant to disconnect.
Gator97dwb is offline   Reply With Quote